Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Rule change for carrying Dweapons
So multiple times in the past couple weeks I have had people attempt to KOS me for holding a Dweapon despite the detective dying or killing himself, with a few times those KOSes going through. To me this logically makes zero sense and just encourages the mentality of "I didn't get the Dweapon, so i'm gonna kill the person that did." or for people that are trigger happy. In any case I'd like to see some opinions on this, or a possible change in the rules. This is the rule I'd like to be added/changed. 

If a detective is confirmed dead and an innocent picks up their weapon, it is only high sus and not immediate KOS.
They shouldn't be killing you for having a D weapon, the only weapons they should be SUS'ING you for are the Bat/Grapple and Teleporter since those weapons are also shared with Traitors.

Unless i am missing something here the current rules should be fine to prevent this.
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
(04-07-2020, 12:56 PM)Cactus Wrote: They shouldn't be killing you for having a D weapon, the only weapons they should be SUS'ING you for are the Bat/Grapple and Teleporter since those weapons are also shared with Traitors.

Unless i am missing something here the current rules should be fine to prevent this.

except its not because I get killed for having grapple despite the D dying.
(04-07-2020, 12:57 PM)Battons Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 12:56 PM)Cactus Wrote: They shouldn't be killing you for having a D weapon, the only weapons they should be SUS'ING you for are the Bat/Grapple and Teleporter since those weapons are also shared with Traitors.

well in that case because Grapple inst exclusively a T weapon and detectives have access to it as well it should only be High sus and if you are killed for it when retrieving it from a detective body you can report them for rdm and they should receive a slay.

the rule that i think you have a problem with is the: REASON TO CALL A KOS: Having a traitor item while unproven 9

But because its not a Traitor only weapon they should not be calling  KOS on you, we could probably make that clearer in the motd though.

Because its just those 3 items (as far as i am aware, i could be forgetting something. We could just change that rule from:

REASONS TO CALL A KOS : Having a traitor item while unproven 9

REASONS TO CALL A KOS: Having a traitor item while unproven 9 (With Exception to the Bat, Grapple and Teleporter given that a detective is already Dead and Confirmed.)

something along those lines.. would have to be updated if a new weapon was added that both had access to.
Since I was a regular (knowing that it took me a very short amount of time to get there), I've been told that d weapons that are not also t weapons (so anything but ghook, brawny brew, and teleporter) are only sus to have unless the detective clearly states that they gave it to you
So from what i know things like the shield gun ump prototype and other detective weapons are not kosable having something such as grappling hook and bat is not kosable if the detective said they gave it to you using a ghook bat as inno is kos if unproven but i would make it only sus if the player saw you take it from a det dead body
Detective weapons that are not also T weapons are generally only sus for unprovens. Detective Items that are also T items are KOSable to have as unproven(unless the detective has clearly stated they gave it to you)

(04-07-2020, 01:02 PM)Cactus Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 12:57 PM)Battons Wrote:

REASONS TO CALL A KOS: Having a traitor item while unproven 9 (With Exception to the Bat, Grapple and Teleporter given that a detective is already Dead and Confirmed.)
Likely would not work as a rule because then as long as a detective is dead and confirmed traitors could not be KOSed for having any of those items and would have free reign to use those items as long as a D is dead.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
But isn't that already the case with the whole "traitors can lie" even if he was a Traitor and did buy a grapple if someone asks him where he got it and he says "found it on a dead detective" then it's only suspicion, you can't prove if he did or not, similar to if someone asks a Traitor why they killed an innocent, if he says anything that resembles self defence and you wernt there to actual see who shot first then it's only sus.
Unless your saying it's Kosable until someone asks about it, giving you a chance to lie. But that would be a very strange rule.
(04-07-2020, 07:01 PM)Cactus Wrote: But isn't that already the case with the whole "traitors can lie" even if he was a Traitor and did buy a grapple if someone asks him where he got it and he says "found it on a dead detective" then it's only suspicion, you can't prove if he did or not, similar to if someone asks a Traitor why they killed an innocent, if he says anything that resembles self defence and you wernt there to actual see who shot first then it's only sus.
Unless your saying it's Kosable until someone asks about it, giving you a chance to lie. But that would be a very strange rule.

Yeah having a T weapon is kosable they can't just say they found it, be unproven, and expect not to be kosed. That's not the rules.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(04-07-2020, 09:16 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(04-07-2020, 07:01 PM)Cactus Wrote: But isn't that already the case with the whole "traitors can lie" even if he was a Traitor and did buy a grapple if someone asks him where he got it and he says "found it on a dead detective" then it's only suspicion, you can't prove if he did or not, similar to if someone asks a Traitor why they killed an innocent, if he says anything that resembles self defence and you wernt there to actual see who shot first then it's only sus.

Yeah having a T weapon is kosable they can't just say they found it, be unproven, and expect not to be kosed. That's not the rules.
I understand that but what if he is innocent and does genuinely find a grapple on a Detectives body, as soon as he swaps to it he's fair game, any one can just kos him?
I always thought it was only suspicion since he has a Detective weapon as an unproven. I know Traitor only weapons are Kosable like a knife or awp but because a grapple is also I detective weapon I thought it was only sus.
I don't know if I was ever specifically told this like Zoreo but it was definatly the feeling I got from playing on the server, that you don't kos for it.

And if we're both staff and even We got it wrong (and i doubt were the only ones) then Battons is right and we should definatly make it more clear in the motd.