Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Rule change for carrying Dweapons
If it can come from the T menu and someone is using it, it is kosable unless they are proven. Detectives are default proven. That’s all, there’s no sus on weapons, it’s either kosable or not. Which I would argue is perfectly clear in the MOTD as it is specifically mentioned.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(04-07-2020, 10:40 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: If it can come from the T menu and someone is using it, it is kosable unless they are proven. Detectives are default proven. That’s all, there’s no sus on weapons, it’s either kosable or not. Which I would argue is perfectly clear in the MOTD as it is specifically mentioned.

" Having a traitor item while unproven 9"
This is the only somewhat related rule in the MOTD and it doesn't specify about items that are also purchasable by detectives, the grapple hook is not just a T weapon, this wouldn't be a thread if it was. Why should I be killed because someone is trigger happy and can find a hole in the rules as an excuse to kill me.
To clarify further, I don't care if it's changed to fit my desires or not, but I want this rule to be clearer because if I, someone who was at one point staff, struggle to understand this rule, some guest will too.
(04-07-2020, 10:40 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: If it can come from the T menu and someone is using it, it is kosable unless they are proven. Detectives are default proven. That’s all, there’s no sus on weapons, it’s either kosable or not. Which I would argue is perfectly clear in the MOTD as it is specifically mentioned.

I mean we could add what you just said as red text at the bottom just to add a little more clarity since we do have over lapping weapons.

REASON TO CALL A KOS: Having a traitor item while unproven 9

9.If it can come from the T menu and someone is using it, it is kosable unless they are proven.
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
Well on that line instead of a rewording it’s more of needing a t menu list. Which I want to say exists but is outdated by now??
Also, it’s not as much a hole if it’s to prevent a hole. T’s would be able to get away with a lot more. For example killing with the grapple hook would be easier. Or the bat. The overlap is less than the gap that would exist.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(04-07-2020, 11:06 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Well on that line instead of a rewording it’s more of needing a t menu list. Which I want to say exists but is outdated by now??
Also, it’s not as much a hole if it’s to prevent a hole. T’s would be able to get away with a lot more. For example killing with the grapple hook would be easier. Or the bat. The overlap is less than the gap that would exist.

Honestly even if it made kills with bat or grapple easier would that be bad? You would only ever get 1 kill before being kos'd. Hitting a player with a bat gives them so much time to react and kos you and you can even die before succesfuly hitting them you miss 1 swing and they notice there gonna start shooting you, same with grapple even if someone lands it on you, you can then warn them to let go before you shoot or if they pull you off an edge again you have so much time to get a kos off.

Even if they did get and accidental "buff" from a rule being re worded it wouldn't be bad since they are both more "I want to have fun this round and mess about" and less "I am gonna try hard and kill everyone" - kinda hard to try hard or pop off with a bat or grapple :)

Still more balanced and fun than a knife
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
I'll be looking into rewording and clarifying several things in the motd but only after very careful consideration. A lot of the rules are written the way they are on purpose so it's a big task to undertake.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Thank you Nicol, I appreciate your willingness to listen.
(04-07-2020, 11:06 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Well on that line instead of a rewording it’s more of needing a t menu list. Which I want to say exists but is outdated by now??

I made a list a long time ago, but the thread has since been locked as I intended it to be when I was Admin. As I'm no longer one, I can no longer edit it myself.

If someone does want to edit it, feel free to do so. As it is indeed very outdated.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...-T-Weapons
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]