Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules Suggestions/General Suggestions
I decided to post this because there is a lot of confusion in the rules of Murder. I would like to get opinions of how rules need to be rewritten since @"Dinkleberg >:(" himself has told me he doesn't really like how they are written. So any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Should gun camping also include hitting the gun with the knife to get it into an unreachable area?
I'm currently working on a sort of edit/suggestions for the rules, its a work in progress so I should be done in a day or two.
(04-11-2020, 09:42 PM)leftjupiter18 Wrote: Should gun camping also include hitting the gun with the knife to get it into an unreachable area?

I'll have to agree on this. I see it happening all the time.

(04-11-2020, 09:53 PM)The Punisher Wrote: I'm currently working on a sort of edit/suggestions for the rules, its a work in progress so I should be done in a day or two.

Thank you for taking time out of your hands to throw this together.
Here's a Murder Guide found on Steam it helps understand the game type a bit better. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=367405213
Things which I have added or modified will be in red. Didn't take as long as I thought it would. 

These rules serve as a guideline. Staff should aim to warn players as much as possible before punishment.

>RDM is not allowed.
Random Deathmatch (abbreviated to "RDM") is a term used to denote when a player randomly kills other players without valid reasons*. The only accepted reasons are the following:
- Crossfire - when a player accidentally hits another player whilst attempting to kill a murderer.
End of rounds - after the scoreboard has appeared upon the end of a round.
- KOS - The player was KOS’ed by another player
*Valid reason: valid argument, comment, or idea is based on sensible reasoning.

If you kill an innocent bystander and your reason isn't listed above, you will receive the following:
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification to be careful not to RDM
Warning 2: Verbal/chat notification that if they RDM again they will be slain.
Punishment 1: Slay
Punishment 2: 24-hour ban 
Punishment 3: 1 week ban

>False KOS/targeting is not allowed.      
False KOS is an innocent lying about who the murderer is to get someone killed. The Murderer is not to False KOS either, however the Murderer may try to persuade the innocents to believe someone else is the murderer. Saying things such as: I think its (player) or I'm suspicious of (player) are acceptable and not considered KOS. 
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notifications
Punishment 1: Mute/gag for map
Punishment 2: Slay
Punishment 3: Kick
Punishment 4: 24 hour ban

>No chat/mic spamming.
The following are a few of the examples that fall under Mic/chat spam: Screaming, singing, whistling, humming into a mic, excessive loud speaking, pressing x where people can hear your game audio repeatedly, and repeatedly telling somebody to do something, playing music into a mic, repeating a word/phrase into the chat box, repeating a word/phrase using !p, repeating sexual words/phrases, etc,.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification
Warning 2: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag for round
Warning 3: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag for map
Punishment 1: Kick
Punishment 2: 12 Hour Ban

>Do not disrespect/harass staff or players.
Disrespect and harassment towards players/staff is not allowed!
Causing issues for your own entertainment and bringing up past drama is not allowed.
Examples: Being rude to players because of their: race, gender, age, or voice/ wording. Rape jokes, and asking a player to do inappropriate things is strictly prohibited.

Punishment 1: Mute/Gag for the map
Punishment 2: Ban based on situation (24hr +)

>Body blocking/door blocking is not allowed.
Using your character's body to block doors/spamming E on doors to prevent other people from passing through them. This includes pressing E on players to either prevent them from climbing somewhere or consistently knocking people off ledges causing them to take damage.
Warning 1:
 Verbal/Chat Notification
Warning 2: Verbal/chat notification
Punishment 2: 
Kick
Punishment 3: 24 hour ban

>Ghosting is not allowed.
Ghosting is when a dead player tells another alive player information they aren't supposed to know.The use of third-party equipment such as Discord or other chat like programs to cheat/alter the original intent of the game mode is prohibited.  Example: Player one has died to player two. Player one has messaged player three that player two is a murderer.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification+Mute/Gag for round
Punishment 1: 2-week ban (20,160 minutes)
Punishment 2: Permanent ban

>Teaming is not allowed.
Teaming is when a murderer and a sheriff both decide to allow each other to live.
Exception being if there are only 2 players on server.
Punishment 2: Kick
Punishment 3: 12 hour ban

>Sparing is not allowed. 
As a murderer, you are not allowed to spare other players continuously — therefore delaying the round.

>No Trolling.
Trolling is the act of breaking multiple rules purposefully.

Punishment 1: Mute/Gag for the map
Punishment 2: 1 week Ban
Punishment 3: Permanent Ban

>Listen to staff members.
Do not leave to avoid punishment, (i.e. Leaving right after a staff member mutes/gags you just to be ungagged on return.)
Punishment 1: Mute/Gag/Kick (Depending on the situation.)
Punishment 2: 24 hour ban
Punishment 3: 1 week – permanent ban (Depending on situation)

>Do NOT impersonate staff
(This is based on the situation.)
Example: A player changing their name claiming to be a staff member or to mock a staff member.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification to change name/stop using staff warning binds and Mute/Gag for the round
Warning 2:(If refusal) Final Verbal/Chat Notification and Mute/Gag for the map
Punishment 1: Kick
Punishment 2: Permanent Ban

>No time farming. 
Warning 1: Notify player by name that if they remain AFK for 2 consecutive rounds they will be moved to Spectate. 
Punishment 1: Kick player if they are still AFK by the 2nd round of the following map (First offense)
Warning 2: Notify player by name that if they remain AFK for 2 consecutive rounds they will be moved to Spectate. 
Punishment 2: Kick player if they are still AFK by the 2nd round of the following map (Second offense)
Punishment 3: 12 Hour ban
Punishment 4: 24+ hour ban

>No advertising
Examples: There are no links allowed to be posted on server, the only exception being links to the Dinkleberg discord or forums.
Punishment 1: Mute/Gag for round
Punishment 2: Mute/Gag for map
Punishment 3: Permanent Ban

>Do not excessively curse/talk about sexual things/talk about politics or religion.
IF you’re asked to stop by anyone, then stop.
Punishment 1: Mute/Gag for round
Punishment 2: Mute/Gag for map
Punishment 4: 24 Hour Ban

>Do not call bounties
Do not offer points for killing another player regardless of whether it would be RDM or not.
Punishment 1: Gag/mute for the map

>Do not hack, exploit, or otherwise avoid the game's intended limits
This includes hacking, and exploiting maps. Do not try to escape the map bounds or exploit map bugs that provide an unfair advantage to gameplay. Do not intentionally crash the server. Do not abuse console commands to exploit the way ingame items work.

Hacking:
Punishment 1: Permanent Ban

Exploiting: Meaning the player is intentionally exploiting.
Warning 1: verbal/chat warning (possible Teleport if needed)
Punishment 1: Kicked from the game
Punishment 2: If player returns and continues to exploit ban for 24 hours – 1 week
Punishment 3: Permanent ban

>Do not delay.
Delaying is when the murderer intentionally doesn’t kill for longer than 2 minutes.
An AFK murderer doesn't fall under this rule, at the conclusion of the round the player should be moved to spectator to prevent this from happening again. 
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification/csay message

>Do not gun camp.
Gun camping is when a murderer sits on the gun dropped from a dead sheriff. The Murderer will not move the gun in order to prevent the innocents from getting the gun.
Warning 1:
 Verbal/Chat Notification/csay message
Punishment 1: Teleport
Punishment 2: Slay

>Do not Murder Bait.
Murder baiting is lying to make yourself seem like the murderer to cause rdm. This includes inflicting any sort of damage on an innocent when you are also an innocent, also to include verbally egging people on.
Warning 1: Verbal/Chat Notification/csay message 
Punishment 3: Ban based on situation.

It is highly encouraged that if you see any user violating the rules listed above, that you ping the Murder on call staff in the discord If no staff are on.  

If staff are on, you may communicate with them using admin chat, type @ then your message and it will appear to all staff that are on the server.

If you see a staff member or any user violating the rules listed above, be sure to document the violation(s) and file a Ban request with the format provided (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-FORMAT-FOR-POST-READ-BEFORE-POSTING--3765and evidence. You will need the players Steam ID 32 and name, both of which can be found by clicking their name on the scoreboard.
Not really a rule addition, but on the Dinklebergs servers, the rules have always been really long, despite there honestly not being a huge number of them. Formatting the rules in a different way as to not include punishment steps in the rule itself would make the actual "rule list" much shorter, and have more people actually read the things. Here's a diagram using a method I previously suggested on PH; simply use a TL;DR section at the top for the rule list, and save all of the less important details for the bottom (there's a typo, it's late, sue me):
[Image: TLDR.jpg]
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(04-11-2020, 11:59 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Not really a rule addition, but on the Dinklebergs servers, the rules have always been really long, despite there honestly not being a huge number of them. Formatting the rules in a different way as to not include punishment steps in the rule itself would make the actual "rule list" much shorter, and have more people actually read the things. Here's a diagram using a method I previously suggested on PH; simply use a TL;DR section at the top for the rule list, and save all of the less important details for the bottom (there's a typo, it's late, sue me):
[Image: TLDR.jpg]
I think if you have the server rules in the main rules section then have the rules with punishments in a murder staff section it would have less clutter similar to your suggestion.
I would also like to suggest a rule that would prevent stealing a kill from a murderer such as kill binding while being chased just so the murderer wouldn’t be able to kill them.
I was going to mention something on False KOS but punisher pretty much solved what I had to say and did an AMAZING rewrite.
Popcorn and chicken > damage dealing and unfair to murderer
You can literally oneshot the murderer with these. So unfair, and with the amount of regulars on, that have it (Because its given out a lot, which btw i suggest a restricted list of things that can't be given away like the main servers have)makes it so that the murderer can be ganged up on and killed by players. It then in turn causes the game to be broken. The sheriff is also semi useless now as everyone has a weapon. I would like to suggest one time use, of these items, OR for the damage to be lowered. Either is good for me.

Invisibility with people using zombie feet on doritos and dew to make them invisible> suggest removing zombie feet
Removing the zombie feet from shop woudl prevent user models from being invisible and having wacky hitboxes. It'll help in the long run. Gamemodes like murder can do without things like that.