Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TTT] Rule Suggestions
I'd love to see KOS for actively NOT shooting a KOS'd T --- of course it'd be a bit more detailed than that but you get what I mean

-https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-Rules-Rules-Rules
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
Side note, if you are stuck within a prop or player use your magneto stick and it will get you freedom
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Alright, in light of recent events that transpired poorly that resulted in a day ban, I propose the following change to the "RDM and leave" rule, or rather an amendment to general cases where players have open reports but wish to leave:

- Players with unresolved report(s) must clearly state their intentions to leave the server with said open report(s) - in doing so, they forfeit the right to contest the decided result but will not be punished for RDM and leave, but rather have slay(s) queued for the next time they log in if the result justifies such actions

Recently, I had left the server with an open ticket as I had other things to do, but was surprised to come back to a ban. Regardless of the disagreements regarding the specifics of the incident, conceptually it's dumb for player to have to "ask" to leave and wait for staff to approve - people have lives and other things more important than waiting for staff to respond- which we all know is not always timely, especially with few staff on during non-peak hours due to the amount of reports normally generated.

This allows the leaving player the convenience of leaving at the cost of being unable to argue with the results, it benefits the staff as well with easy resolution, and it makes a distinction between regulars who simply need to leave and come back later versus minges who wish to RDM, as aforementioned minges are unlikely to know they need to announce their leaving or face a ban.

This also puts a solid "statement of leaving" rule in place - currently some staff and players are under the impression that they can ask permission before leaving, but this is in fact NOT an existing rule and is inconsistent across staff, which can result in confusion and lead to inconsistent results (as it did for me).

Bonus points for putting less pressure on staff to complete some reports when players say they need to leave.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

Speaking of RDM and leave, going to quote this from the OTHER rules suggestion page a while back:
(02-12-2020, 08:10 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Just popping in here, I have NEVER understood why RDM & Leave rules exist. From my understanding, that rule was added when autoslays did not persist between disconnects, so the player could just leave and not get punished, but that hasn't been the case for years. They get slain when they come back on the server, what's the point of banning them anyway?

(02-12-2020, 03:21 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 12:52 PM)Near Wrote: If they tell us they're leaving instead of dipping no one is banned

That's true, but that is far from a colloquial understanding to players that haven't played on the server. A percentage of people that get RDM & leaf bans are minges, sure, but I can be certain than an unacceptable number of people have gotten on the server and gotten a slay in some way or another (either not knowing much about TTT or not memorizing the fcking bible of a rulebook), left without knowing what happened or thinking nothing of it, and found themselves banned for an entire week 12 hours later.

Disconnecting from the server should not be a punishable offense. Deliberately avoiding gags is one thing, since the punishment is literally removed, but getting banned for leaving and still having to serve the punishment you were banned for supposedly trying to avoid makes no sense. Every TTT server owner I've talked to this about has agreed that this makes zero sense, and the people I've asked here in the past can't give me an answer either.
(04-29-2020, 11:30 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Speaking of RDM and leave, going to quote this from the OTHER rules suggestion page a while back:
(02-12-2020, 08:10 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Just popping in here, I have NEVER understood why RDM & Leave rules exist. From my understanding, that rule was added when autoslays did not persist between disconnects, so the player could just leave and not get punished, but that hasn't been the case for years. They get slain when they come back on the server, what's the point of banning them anyway?

(02-12-2020, 03:21 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 12:52 PM)Near Wrote: If they tell us they're leaving instead of dipping no one is banned

That's true, but that is far from a colloquial understanding to players that haven't played on the server. A percentage of people that get RDM & leaf bans are minges, sure, but I can be certain than an unacceptable number of people have gotten on the server and gotten a slay in some way or another (either not knowing much about TTT or not memorizing the fcking bible of a rulebook), left without knowing what happened or thinking nothing of it, and found themselves banned for an entire week 12 hours later.

Disconnecting from the server should not be a punishable offense. Deliberately avoiding gags is one thing, since the punishment is literally removed, but getting banned for leaving and still having to serve the punishment you were banned for supposedly trying to avoid makes no sense. Every TTT server owner I've talked to this about has agreed that this makes zero sense, and the people I've asked here in the past can't give me an answer either.

Exactly, thank you
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

No, we are not changing the rdm and leave rule because you are upset you got banned. Just dont leave without saying anything other than bye.
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(04-30-2020, 10:48 AM)Froge Wrote: No, we are not changing the rdm and leave rule because you are upset you got banned. Just dont leave without saying anything other than bye.

As I stated, my personal situation only raised my awareness to the ridiculousness of the rule - I acknowledge my personal bias, but I have explained rational reasons as to why to should be changed - do you have an actual input or stance as to why it should not be amended other than a fallacious attack on my credibility and simple one-word response? (No)

EDIT:

@RussEfarmer took the time to input supporting arguments that explained their stance, why not do the same @"Froge"?
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

i love e-drama
(04-30-2020, 11:47 AM)ReThink Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 10:48 AM)Froge Wrote: No, we are not changing the rdm and leave rule because you are upset you got banned. Just dont leave without saying anything other than bye.

As I stated, my personal situation only raised my awareness to the ridiculousness of the rule - I acknowledge my personal bias, but I have explained rational reasons as to why to should be changed - do you have an actual input or stance as to why it should not be amended other than a fallacious attack on my credibility and simple one-word response? (No)

EDIT:

@RussEfarmer took the time to input supporting arguments that explained their stance, why not do the same @"Froge"?
Because I dont gotta 

Letting people get away with rdming then leaving Scott free would not deter people from rdming then leaving when they want to get off

The punishment is to prevent that. It's only a day, most regular players wont ever have to deal with this.

Also, dont make the claim that I'm attacking you because I am not, I dont think playing the part of logical intellectual is doing any favors here
We're just a giant ass
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
+h Ok lets not bash staff for not doing their job in 20 secs or faster, people work in their own pace. As for RDM&Leave rule just use your common sense, if you having to deal with staff the only logical way to sort this out is to sit this one out and wait till staff finally gives you the punishment. If its not possible then just pm that staff sorting your report and that's it, its not too hard to type a sentence which will take a couple of moments. Your ban was justified, you know you screwed up and you trying to throw dirt at Avi.

As for rules, I don't know if there is (I haven't checked, apologies) but it should be kosable/slayable (IDK how to sort this) if a detective purposely grabs you with a grappling hook and just pulls you down making you fall to your death.

If both parties agree to that then why not, let them have the fun ;D same with propkilling i guess.
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]