Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop Legality
(05-03-2020, 07:22 AM)The Triangle Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]  
[Image: unknown.png]
These are acceptable hiding spots as you are visible. Both are poking out from the mesh and can be seen decently well. 

The yellow is what's visible of this prop but the RED is how much you could reasonably have visible in this spot as it blends in really well with the pipes. 

Again, same spot.  You blend in really well, it's unnecessary to be just a peg on any part of Youturd. I have literally hid as this prop against a tan wall and not been found.  Be Reasonable with your hiding. 

-----> The Spots De Illegal

IF you have to ask, you probably shouldn't be there or should have more of you visible. 

WE as staff have avoided giving you a percentage of visibility because we believe that you as a player should be able to discern the difference between FAIR and Illegal. There's also the Illegal spots list which was provided to help guide your understanding. We also do not want to micromanage everything you do, we'd like to play the game too.

The Fountain is off limits, anyone who reads the Illegal spots list would see that plain as day as it is the first spot listed. "ph_indoorpoolInside the fountain water " 
But that's just it. I wasn't "asking" if the spot was illegal. I am clearly visible and shootable. The problem I am bringing up is that some people have differing opinions, and it is the worst when 1 higher up staff have given you a different ruling on the same spot than a moderator or trusted.

The amount of the prop you show is also most certainly based on who is on the opposite team. When its test mods, Donors and Regulars and any players who display a modicum of skill, I use those spots. Sometimes I get found, sometimes I don't. 9 times out of 10 on that map, I am called evil for using such a good spot.

The first screenshot with the peg sticking out is not the same angle as the second pic  where the ladder is at an extreme angle. The first shot has those pegs sticking out rather far. I  deliberately took 2 different screenshots to show which position IS legal and which is not. A significant piece of that prop is sticking out. I was found 3 prop rounds in a row by 3 different hunters. The second top down screenshot is the extreme abusive angle which exploits the small invisible edge. I know for sure that aligning that edge completely flat to a wall texture IS illegal. Sticking that peg out equates itself to the same problem with the Blue chair.

The issue I have is that some staff tell you its legal and some say its not.

And for some props those legal/illegal thresholds as well as the opinions are again varied and subject to opinion.

If someone wants me to show more of that prop, then that's fine, no problems. I have complied to those requests. But if someone (a regular or Donor) thinks my spot is illegal, then they can send me or a staff a message in game to turn the prop to be more visible. But I did not appreciate it when someone used the public chat game chat to openly call me out for this kind of spot. And even when I adjusted my spot to be MORE visible I was told not to hide there again based solely on their opinion.

(05-03-2020, 08:30 AM)Steven [Prodigy] Wrote: I think the issue with various mesh spots is that new players are unaware that props can hide there take for example your spot on island-house half the tree is filled in and the other half isn't. Obviously regulars know to check there but most players new to the game wont have an idea as to where you are because they will just assume its a whole tree. I think if you were to remove those hiding spots from play it would create other issues though. This is  because there would be less variety in hiding spots and it would force people to hide more in the open, however this does admittedly benefit newer players to the community.

And I certainly do not object to hiding in the open Steven. When there are a bunch of new people or Users and Masters I will be huge props in a ridiculous spot. There are some spots like that where even a test mod or 2 could not find me because they simply could not tell what prop I was. I had to  send them screenshots. Then all I hear is laughter over the VC lol because the spot is so crazy.

Messages In This Thread
Prop Legality - by OverwatchJunky - 05-03-2020, 03:51 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by Happy Mirror - 05-03-2020, 04:05 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by Sharky - 05-03-2020, 04:28 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by The Triangle - 05-03-2020, 07:22 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by Steven [Prodigy] - 05-03-2020, 08:30 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by OverwatchJunky - 05-03-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by [pink] Pixie Soldier - 05-03-2020, 10:36 AM
RE: Prop Legality - by RussEfarmer - 05-03-2020, 12:20 PM
RE: Prop Legality - by TheUltraFish - 05-03-2020, 12:39 PM
RE: Prop Legality - by Abdel - 05-03-2020, 01:11 PM
RE: Prop Legality - by OverwatchJunky - 05-03-2020, 02:29 PM