Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addressing My Previous Resignations.
Greetings all, Raider here. I am creating this as a response to everyone questioning my resignations on my past two staff applications. 

Yes, they are issues that should be brought up and questioned. I should be held to them and made to answer why I did that and how I'll prevent it in the future. It should NOT be something brought up solely to block applications. 

My first resignation came as a response to the "Addressing Toxicity" mass staff bans that occurred back in late August. I woke up one morning to discover that all of the friends I had made on the server were either banned or resigned and left. To me, it seemed like the end of the server. For those who had seen mass resignations like this before, they knew it wasn't a big deal. It was my first time experiencing such a thing though. I didn't know how to react. I was angry by the hypocrisy and lack of fairness on the part of the upper-staff. I was even more infuriated at being left in the dark as a Moderator. To me, we didn't all seem to be "equals." I didn't want to support what I viewed as a corrupt system and felt hurt over losing everyone. Not knowing what else to do, I resigned. As the days passed, I realized just how desperate the server was for staff. I still had my rank on the server and still did reports since noone else was on to do them. In the end, I unresigned. I did this because I believed I could help rebuild everything. There was a large vacuum left and people needed to fill it. All this did was give my rank back in discord and the forums so I could do ban requests properly again.

My second resignation occurred about 5 months after the first one. I had barely really been on the month after Christmas break. School and Academic team was kicking me in the ass and I had literally no time to play Gmod. I didn't like this one bit. I wanted to continue helping the server and inputting on my committee roles, but couldn't because of my inactivity. I realized that I was only get busier as the year progressed. I had a Senior Science Symposium presentation due in early March and had to get it finished. I had AP exams and Governor School workload impending until May, taking every single bit of my free-time. I chose to resign based off of this situation. If I couldn't serve as a moderator, I didn't want the rank anymore. I did not want to be an "inactive" staff. From that moment, my intention was to get my work done and then try to get staff again once the summer began. I wouldn't have asked for Mod back, I would have gone through the Trusted application process like everyone else. Then in middle march, the Coronavirus outbreak hit. I was suddenly at home again and all of my work was online. This meant that I could literally get everything done in a day and have the rest of my week to game. This allowed me to do what I couldn't do before. The entire reason I resigned was because I couldn't get on, now I could. The reason I was so quick to reapply for TRUSTED was because I figured if I was going to be on, I may as well use my experience to help out. I wanted to work myself back up to Mod. No, I didn't want to have power again. I'm a donor anyways. I can queue, play music, gag, mute, and kick. Trusted can do the same thing, but also has the responsibility of creating ban request, doing reports, and making sure nobody breaks the rules. I also didn't just want the "title" back of being a staff member. If I applied for staff solely for the title, I never would have resigned. 

The question remains of whether or not I will resign again. The answer is no. If I have to be inactive due to personal reasons, I guess i'll just have to be inactive. I have 820 hours in the server. Do you really think I'm trying to waste everyone's time? I've already wasted a LITERAL month+ of my own. Sorry for all the reading.

TL: DR - There is none. Please read it if you (-1)'d me.

Please feel free to state your opinions here. I want to be able to use this as a discussion forum so that the application itself doesn't turn into a mass of me answering questions.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
I'm going to be honest with you here man. I had a very similar situation.

I resigned last year in February and still had my rank in-game for nearly 4 months, I would still get on and staff, but whenever I tried to ask for my rank back I was told no. After that I'd leave and come back, I think maybe a total of 3 times, but all of that was while I was just a donor. It took me almost a year to earn Trusted back.

My thing with your situation though is that you resigned twice and un-resigned both times to get your rank back. Don't get me wrong, you were a hell of a staff member. Shoot, I remember you trying to go for trusted the first time, and then T-Mod. With that being said, I know for a fact that you can put in immense amounts of effort to achieve something that you want, but your activity the last two months has been iffy.

No one by any means is required to be on everyday, but if you're trying to make a return to a staff team that A) you recently left, and B) resigned from twice, I think you need more consistent time than just averaging less than an hour a day for the last 2-3 weeks.

That is a compilation of my various thoughts on the matter. Coming from me overcoming a similar situation, I know how hard it can be to redeem yourself from things like this, but it just takes time man. Lots of it
Thank you, Dong. I do know of your similar situation and I am very glad that you did end up coming back. I've always viewed you as a friend.
Am I ur friend?
Ahhh [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5327720]
Yes indeed. Please get on and play some. I’d like to be better friends.
Everyone deserves a second chance and people like you can definitely bounce back. I never really got to play with you but by hearing things like u where a good staff means you still got it.

To the future we go
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
Everyone needs a break here and there to do IRL stuff. 

I think it's good to have you back for what it's worth. 

Honk n stuff