Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Facts
It's been a tradition for about two years now on my private friend server to post whatever random facts we have on our mind at the time, so I figured I'd start a thread do the same here! Post any random facts that you find interesting that you've learned some way or another

I'll start with a few:
- Lead acid batteries produce hydrogen gas while being charged, and when jump starting/charging a vehicle battery, sparking from live charging terminals being moved can cause the hydrogen to ignite and explode. Disconnect the side not being charged first!
- The Shepard Tone is an auditory illusion where a sound seems to increase in pitch forever. A famous example is the Super Mario 64 looping stairs.
- The word "hazmat" is a contraction of "hazardous material"
- There is a species of dinosaur named after Thanos.
- The Philips Hue smart lightbulb has more computing power than the Apollo 11 moon lander.
- If a human hand struck a live chicken at a velocity of at least 1,650m/s, it would theoretically have enough energy to completely cook the chicken, provided the chicken wasn't destroyed.
- A lithium-ion battery does not have a linear charging time. A battery can take just as long or longer to charge from 80%-100% than from 0%-80%. Lithium batteries are at their most stable state between 40%-60% charge, which is why most products with a battery you order online come with about half charge.
- If 99.9% of people on Earth were killed, there would be a microscopic chance that all people in California, Texas and North Carolina would survive intact
- Wood has never been artificially synthesized in a lab.
im laced xanax
78% of statistics are made up on the spot.
i seen this guy named laced xanax
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
@Gabe bows to me
[Image: b_560x95.png]
facts have half-lives
If you have an argument on something or you are going into a meeting where you have to give a presentation, make sure to include a graph or two even if they show nothing meaningful. Obviously, do not post joke graphs, but it has been shown in business and a few other areas that including a graph with your presentation will increase the chances of the other attendants accepting your deal, proposal, ideas, etc. even if the graph shows nothing new, or anything practically useful.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
You can pop balloons with juice from citrus
Its hard to bite your tongue on purpose
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator