Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PH] Ghosting Rule Addition?
(05-12-2020, 03:12 AM)unfortunatepossum Wrote: I have a question concerning the jetpack rule. Does this mean for spooky scary map players can no longer hide on the street side of the treehouse roof or the light post/electrical post all around the map?
So most props can be seen and killed on these from afar with the right weapons but newbies dont have those weapons.

Just wondering

Not really the point of this thread fully but an individual who is hiding must be visible from someone without a jetpack from some angle. They may need to use the chair but seeing on top of the tree house or getting on top of the tree house is not that hard.

The 2nd half of your question is generally seeable/killable from some angle as soon as they learn how said prop works and not because they cannot reach where the person is hiding.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(05-11-2020, 10:57 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote:
Pixel hunting:
where the prop hides only show a few pixels showing if only just a pixel showing and trying to justify its legality constantly. This has lead to a few props being highly criticized for being used due to their ability to be abused like the blue chair and knife or has caused some props to be banned on any map they are on like the telephone and muffler.

So this part is what I particularly want to address. The thread from @OverwatchJunky about the legality of the ladder. Are we banning that stupid ladder prop?

(05-11-2020, 10:57 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: Jetpack rule (in illegal spots list): the player who uses a spot only reachable by a jet pack must remain killable by a person who does not have a jet pack and has only standard weapons

With this rule I think there are spots that before were legal but due to the prop menu should come into question. For example on top of the little AC box outside on restaurant, I have been able to not get killed even with grenades and explosves from ghosters and still can be shot only if you have a jetpack (when I'm next on I will show you because it's hard to explain).
It is usually easy enough to identify and catch some evidence as you would be recording the actual ghoster anyway, then the other player runs in and steals the kill in front of them, its happened a few times to me when trying to get evidence for the ghosting and I've had to ask the player to step back as I am getting evidence.

I've seen it a few times where the player has done it, not to get the kills but to piss off the ghoster as they are fed up with the cheating, but two wrongs don't make a right.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
(05-11-2020, 11:42 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Does it sound like a huge pain in the ass to actually catch in action? Yes. Does it sound like an even bigger pain in the ass to gather evidence for? Hell yes.

It sounds like it sucks a lot logistically, but if it DOES happen, staff should have the ability to punish for it as ghosting. Also, damn, people are REALLY getting desperate for that dopamine hit from killing props nowadays..

It's actually not as hard as you think to catch in action or gather evidence for.
I can literally go through some of my ghosting evidence right now and you can see the same people following the ghosters and killing the props before the ghosters can. It is THAT common now, that it's become easy to spot and gather evidence on. Just to bring awareness to how serious it's gotten. People are stupid competitive now and this def needs to be punished.

(05-12-2020, 09:24 AM)zenful pikachu Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:57 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: Jetpack rule (in illegal spots list): the player who uses a spot only reachable by a jet pack must remain killable by a person who does not have a jet pack and has only standard weapons

With this rule I think there are spots that before were legal but due to the prop menu should come into question. For example on top of the little AC box outside on restaurant, I have been able to not get killed even with grenades and explosves from ghosters and still can be shot only if you have a jetpack (when I'm next on I will show you because it's hard to explain).

I'll chime in on this because I helped write the rule, fish can correct me if I'm wrong.
The prop menu isn't the only thing that made spots as such illegal. It's a mix of that, and jumpack, and people abusing them, repetitively. We ended up adding this rule to curve the competitiveness some, because we had new players joining that literally could not kill a good handful of the props, because their spots were only visible or accessible by the jump pack. Which made it unfair, and in turn, that drives away players instead of making them want to stay. So we added this to encourage player count/people to stay.
However the spot you mentioned is killable with regular weapons, and without jump pack. I can test that with you sometime if you like to double check. HOWEVER this subtracts from the point of the post about making a rule for ghosting with ghosters so we can also pm about this on discord if u want.
Aight you little shits just because I saw this and was going to go get that quote myself for this doesn’t mean you gotta call me out before I do it myself lol.
But yes, that quote. Personally I’d follow the exact guidelines we use for the ghosters. I believe that they are joining in by following them around. They obviously caught on so they know what’s happening. The procedure allows for a warning. If the staff member caught on in the middle of trying to collect evidence then since it’s usually recording eveidence they also catch the regular. Ghosting is ghosting.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(05-12-2020, 05:16 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Aight you little shits just because I saw this and was going to go get that quote myself for this doesn’t mean you gotta call me out before I do it myself lol.
But yes, that quote. Personally I’d follow the exact guidelines we use for the ghosters. I believe that they are joining in by following them around. They obviously caught on so they know what’s happening. The procedure allows for a warning. If the staff member caught on in the middle of trying to collect evidence then since it’s usually recording eveidence they also catch the regular. Ghosting is ghosting.
hi yes following the procedure is where the problem occurs
forceswap does no good imo as they just swap to the same team as the opposite ghoster and just try to be more sneaky
i say be more harsh because the ones that are guilty of doing this currently are people that KNOW the rules.
The dont deserves wrist slaps.
HITTEM WITH THAT ULTIMATE.
(05-12-2020, 05:20 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 05:16 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Aight you little shits just because I saw this and was going to go get that quote myself for this doesn’t mean you gotta call me out before I do it myself lol.
hi yes following the procedure is where the problem occurs
forceswap does no good imo as they just swap to the same team as the opposite ghoster and just try to be more sneaky
i say be more harsh because the ones that are guilty of doing this currently are people that KNOW the rules.
The dont deserves wrist slaps.
HITTEM WITH THAT ULTIMATE.
Mhm right forceswap really wouldn’t do anything. Probably slay at that point since they’re trying to max out kills it puts a damper on things.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
The only problem that I foresee with what is being said is how Trusted would handle this lacking the slay command. I do agree that a forceswap wouldn't accomplish much of anything, if anything people may try and exploit that. I do like more straight to the point punishments after a single warning as the people doing this have been around long enough to have an idea of how things are done.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

(05-12-2020, 09:24 AM)zenful pikachu Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 10:57 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote:
Pixel hunting:
where the prop hides only show a few pixels showing if only just a pixel showing and trying to justify its legality constantly. This has lead to a few props being highly criticized for being used due to their ability to be abused like the blue chair and knife or has caused some props to be banned on any map they are on like the telephone and muffler.

So this part is what I particularly want to address. The thread from @OverwatchJunky about the legality of the ladder. Are we banning that stupid ladder prop?

Not the point of the thread

but I should answer probably.
I hope to not ban more props, the props currently fully banned on server either have very messed up hit boxes or are easily messed with to be fully in the mesh of props like the phone, and the muffler. The only reason the blue chair is not on there is because how common it is on many maps.

I know of the spot you speak of and it is possible to be killed there without a jetpack though difficult. Sometimes the prop menu can make this even more difficult if even possible so you would just have to be careful when using it.

(05-12-2020, 05:35 PM)Lt. Star Wrote: The only problem that I foresee with what is being said is how Trusted would handle this lacking the slay command. I do agree that a forceswap wouldn't accomplish much of anything, if anything people may try and exploit that. I do like more straight to the point punishments after a single warning as the people doing this have been around long enough to have an idea of how things are done.

The way they would do that is probably by a double forceswap. One to slay the player, the next to put them back on the same team.

(05-11-2020, 11:42 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Does it sound like a huge pain in the ass to actually catch in action? Yes. Does it sound like an even bigger pain in the ass to gather evidence for? Hell yes.

It sounds like it sucks a lot logistically, but if it DOES happen, staff should have the ability to punish for it as ghosting. Also, damn, people are REALLY getting desperate for that dopamine hit from killing props nowadays..

I have to agree with Nuru on this. It is generally pretty easy to spot because the individual doing it has been around for awhile so they are like a giant woody player model with a sombrero horse head in the background convienantly getting the kills while awkwardly following around the cheaters.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
The thing I gather is going along with the second part of Rule 16 that says don't steal other players kill. Even though the first player gets the kill through illegal means and will get caught, it doesn't mean the the second player has to break the rules as well.