Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff App Creation Magic: Mod App
Ingame Name: dong

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:68442040

Time Played: 780 hours

When First Joined: Gametracker says April 9th, 2014, but I started actively playing in February of 2018.

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I finished my classes on May 1st, so I’m available 24/7 basically.

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Mod

What can you do to help the community: I believe that with my experience of staffing TTT for a combined total of 15 months (granted that includes both of my times being staff) I have learned how to properly handle trolls with a calm and level head, handle reports well and efficiently, make plenty of ban requests with the correct format and have plenty of evidence, and diffuse certain heated situations that could have blown up to proportional levels. I also feel like a large part of being a Moderator is to have an overall community presence, as you are considered the future of the community because you are the highest attainable rank via the application process, and with me picking up Discord Moderator and being active on forums daily, I feel like I have had a good bit of community engagement and feedback overall to have crossed that not-written requirement out. I also spend an average of 2+ hours on a day and come on whenever staff are needed (if I am home). Here recently I have also noticed that a lot of the troll group, mass rdming, and overall disruption that could warrant a ban, have occurred while I’ve been online and there was no Moderator and with ban permissions, I could put a stop to that. I have access to Nvidia shadowplay and that whole other recording software built in so I can record if need be for certain situations. Another command that Moderators have access to off the top of my head would be an additional teleportation command.

Why you want to help the community: I have been here for over 2 years and although I’ve left in the past I’ve still always been drawn back. This place has always been a second home to me where I could escape reality after having a hard day, and while I’ve made my own friends here, what really keeps me motivated to be staff is to ensure that other players are guaranteed that same positive experience that most of us veterans have had.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Yes, I asked Nuru to ban me 
Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): 

How did you find us?: Through Gabe and Summer

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes

Other: Aside from TTT, I also moderate the Dinkleberg Discord and have Test Mod on DR. I just finished my classes nearly two weeks ago, so my summer has started a lot earlier than most people which means that I can be on at just about any time of the day.
Lemme get my grimoire out

Staff Application Creation Magic: Supporting Comments

+1
dong good, he's competent and a great staff member.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
-1 isnt pushing past his limits enough

nah dong is totally ready for this position its amazing how much you sell yourself short you are a great staff member its always a blast to staff with you on server and as well as being active everywhere you are a good example of staff should be  and are def ready for the mod role someone give this man the kush green role. Charmy would be proud of you +1
+1

Your ready and very compatible for Mod.

You work very well to deal with different scenarios this server has.

Good Luck!
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy
-1 worst adc i've ever fucking seen

+1 fr tho, my brother is ready for this. Dude's more qualified than I was when I got mod.
-1 doesn't label things seriously >:^(

+1 out of the current active staff I feel dong is one of the most experienced, he's competent, and overall a great person to play with and to have the community look up to. I think he def deserves the role of mod as he can handle the responsibility both in and out of server. GL Dong
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Hey Dong, with my recent server activity I noticed you have been doing a great job ever since you came back.
  • Levelheaded
  • Enforces + Knows policy
  • Previous staff member
With these factors being taken into consideration I think you can be a great mod however, I have one question. 

Do you believe you will not become stressed and maintain a sort of consistent activity on these servers?
+1
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
Sorry you don't know what your doing +1 everything I would have said has already been said.
I forgot to push the post reply button last night, but I don't even have to be on the server to know this guy is so fuckin cool. It's like you have all of the parts of the people that know how to actually have fun in this community, combined with someone that is actually responsible enough to hold a staff position. +1
(05-13-2020, 10:40 AM)Eternal Wrote: Hey Dong, with my recent server activity I noticed you have been doing a great job ever since you came back.
  • Levelheaded
  • Enforces + Knows policy
  • Previous staff member
With these factors being taken into consideration I think you can be a great mod however, I have one question. 

Do you believe you will not become stressed and maintain a sort of consistent activity on these servers?
+1
Great question man, and I actually found the answer to this whenever I came back to staffing. I like to think I’ve figured out my limits while playing. If I start to get a headache or overall need time to let my eyes rest I just ping on-call and hop off. I believe knowing your limits is the one way to avoid burn out for sure, and by knowing that I can confidently say I will still remain just as active as I am now.