Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Position Proposal
So this is a recommendation for a new entry level position.

The idea is a position that has the same powers as Donor but, without the pay wall.

To me, this gives regular's who have 200+ hours to have some responsibility on the server who are consistently on and are proven good members. I believe this would be a good position for people who play more than the average player and for those who want some responsibility without the expectations of someone who is Trusted and above. This would also give current staff the ability to see how regulars do with some powers and examine if they would make good staff.

Like I said this is only a suggestion and could name a few people who would really be a good fit for this position.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
That's trusted bud c: To my understanding, you just want a lazy route of getting commands without donating or apply to display a performance that can be done as trusted? Just apply dude. This wouldn't work out because it will just end up being abused and raise a number of problems. We already have enough problems with some troll donors. We don't need another rank below trusted with powers to upstage staff.
honestly thats just trusted but with extra steps
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
In a perfect world, sure this could work. But in this world, and especially in Garry's Mod, there's 0 chance this would work. Too many trolls and people who will walk the line of the rules. In another world or even maybe a different game, maybe it could work
Unpopular opinion, but I have always liked this idea. Donors are in a special place between players and staff; they don't hold the explicit position in the staff tree, and thus aren't at all responsible for people breaking rules on the server. They can interject if they feel the need to, but unlike staff, they aren't obligated to.
(05-17-2020, 02:46 PM)Abdel Wrote: That's trusted bud c: To my understanding, you just want a lazy route of getting commands without donating or apply to display a performance that can be done as trusted? Just apply dude.

And for the reason stated above, I think this is an EXTREMELY poor argument. Not everyone wants the responsibility of staff, especially for TTT with reports and damagelogs. Some people don't want the stress of having to manage being pinged to get on the server when someone breaks rules, adminchat, committees, etc, but want to at least have the ability to mute someone for micspamming while they're playing the way donors can. To my understanding, this was supposed to be the purpose of Trusted a long time ago, but it slowly evolved into a fully fledged staff rank.

A "helper" rank that can be applied for similar to donor has been suggested before, and I would love to see it.
I mean it's what Trusted was originally supposed to be. I support this idea as a Helper kind of role but it'll never get enough support.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
supporter
(05-17-2020, 02:46 PM)Abdel Wrote: To my understanding, you just want a lazy route of getting commands without donating or apply to display a performance that can be done as trusted? Just apply dude. This wouldn't work out because it will just end up being abused and raise a number of problems.
To be honest, no. In reality not enough people have time to devote to become staff but still want to help out the community. I think its dumb that in order to help without having needing to devote time is blocked by a pay barrier.

(05-17-2020, 03:31 PM)POG MONKEY Wrote: supporter
This rank is someone who was a donor and lost their powers from abuse. Not the role I'm thinking of.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I hear your words. 

How would a person get selected to be a Helper or whatever title they would be?

Is it just through having high hours? I know many people from TTT specifically who have High hours and troll/bend rules. 

I'm curious as how YOU would decide who gets the role and who doesn't.
(05-17-2020, 03:48 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 02:46 PM)Abdel Wrote: To my understanding, you just want a lazy route of getting commands without donating or apply to display a performance that can be done as trusted? Just apply dude. This wouldn't work out because it will just end up being abused and raise a number of problems.
To be honest, no. In reality not enough people have time to devote to become staff but still want to help out the community. I think its dumb that in order to help without having needing to devote time is blocked by a pay barrier.

There is no requirement of how much time a staff member has to spend on server. Yes you need a certain amount of time to get the role to show you know how the game works and what the rules are but there is no expectation of how much time you spend on server as a trusted.
[Image: unknown.jpg]