Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Server Upgrade
(05-17-2020, 06:09 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: This server, as far as I know, uses NFO server hosting. It's pretty close to the top of the line when it comes to DDoS protection, network uplink and actual processing power.

A lot of performance issues come down to this game being well over a decade old and not exactly constructed to a high fidelity, which isn't something that can be easily fixed unless you hire an army of programmers to fine tune your server.
Thank you for the overview of the current server. Very useful for someone like myself.

Thoughts:
-What type of programming are we talking? I took a few language classes in college but I would not be opposed to trying to learn up on what the TTT server requires for fine tuning.

-Are there companies that do this sort of fine tuning? That way you don't have to rely on the community to produce the fixes?

(05-17-2020, 06:13 PM)Abdel Wrote: People also gotta remember saying things like add this, fix that, and upgrade this is easy. We have 1 person who can do all this and you gotta respect some of the demand that person our owner takes everyday. Things won't always change immediately, if things work they work. I know this is a giant topic, but just wanted to point out that our owner is a human too. Dinks is fine the way it is currently. Very playable to people who have potatoes like me.

Don't worry dink will upgrade dink's servers when gmod 2 comes out.
I don't want this thread to be interpreted as me bitching at leadership. This is simply my way of educating myself on the topic so I can try to make a difference. Immediate change is not probable or logical. But, sitting around relying on Dink and Nicol to do everything is just as selfish as simply demanding it be fixed.

I have no doubt about that! Thanks for replying btw :)

Messages In This Thread
[TTT] Server Upgrade - by Pencilvestro - 05-17-2020, 05:43 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by RussEfarmer - 05-17-2020, 06:09 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 05-17-2020, 06:17 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Jaerixon - 05-27-2020, 05:03 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Saitama - 05-28-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by RussEfarmer - 05-28-2020, 10:45 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Laced Xanax - 05-28-2020, 11:17 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Pencilvestro - 05-17-2020, 06:49 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Knee Coal Bowlass - 05-17-2020, 06:58 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Pencilvestro - 05-17-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: [TTT] Server Upgrade - by Abdel - 05-17-2020, 06:13 PM