Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
should donors get more leeway with gagging?
[Image: bdd.jpg]
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Russ has already said what I was 

If there is no staff on then Donors could use there powers as long as it done by the books.

However if the staff member is busy with other stuff it's really up to them if they need a hand from Donors
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
Donators should be a rank of a gifted titled and that's it, its pretty much just paying for a small amount of power in the server. In which people abuse the small amount of power they get which is crazy to me, how do you fuck up muting people when staff can handle it???

--> Gifted money?
--> Thanks, here's a cute tag with some purple text with no real value but to tell you that we love you.

The problem with donators being able to assess a situation is the exact problem, anyone can donate, and only about 20%of players actually truly care and always become staff anyway.

"Oh but Darkk, what do we do when their is no staff on?"
Report it, get your post count up, show how much you know about the game and apply for staff and then you have staff on for that timezone. Fixes the problem of "not having enough staff" as well as you contributing to the server even more than the current donator rank. This community has been through so much bullshit is still here, someone being a bitch at 4 AM isn't gonna kill the player base.

Money and Power do not go together, and personally should be removed and trusted should be it's "replaced" power rank but in reality you are just removing the power aspect of the rank without even touching the power of trusted. You guys don't need more power because you abuse the power you currently have, after being asked to follow one golden rule with it. "Don't overstep staff."

Also, the reason these donators can over step is because of staff "not caring" in a way that it makes it a bit easier for them, but another staff member has a different opinion that joins the lobby and it creates issues. Staff need to get on the same page, and fix this shit correctly. One things needs to fly with all staff, or nothing needs needs to fly. Not saying you guys are the bad guys, but a meeting needs to be held to get you ALL on the same page. You guys are assuming that anyone that [spends whatever amount] donator is comes with training about what to do and what not to do with that rank. You are pretty much handing them a "new" game and telling them to figure it out by sitting there and behaving, when they want to be able to help because of their "new found" power.

Just encase I didn't say it enough "SAME PAGE"
[Image: DJ7hsWH.jpg]
Ever since I've came back to Dinkleberg's, I've noticed more leeway when using commands such as "Gag", back when I had first joined we weren't allowed to use commands at all or even text chat binds such as "To the unassigned Press F1 or F2 to join a team" when staff we're in the lobby, I used to get in a lot of trouble for that when I was just trying to help players that might be stuck in unassigned and didn't know how to get out. I'm grateful for the leeway we have today and I think the way things are, are perfect because knowing someone probably will eventually abuse the fact that they use commands one day and over do it, and ruin it for the rest of us that use it to keep the lobby peaceful.
[Image: Epic-Samurai.gif?fit=750%2C353&quality=8...=all&ssl=1]
Honest to God, I miss the old days of when donors didn't have the authority to use their powers when staff were on. Yeah sure, I don't mind if it's an obvious gag or mute cause someone is screeching in their mic or spamming the chat using a bind or some shit but this whole "Donors can use their powers" thing has turned donors from a helpful crew to an overstepping menace. -1 on this.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I gag people all the time when they are actually micspamming (ear rape, hot mic, etc) because I'm either quicker than whatever staff is on usually, or because they are alive / busy. If you arent abusing it and are genuinely helping there shouldn't be an issue to be honest. The main issue is that a lot of people are eager to use commands which can be annoying to both the player and staff member involved
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(05-19-2020, 10:39 AM)Foxka oops Wrote: I gag people all the time when they are actually micspamming (ear rape, hot mic, etc) because I'm either quicker than whatever staff is on usually, or because they are alive / busy. If you arent abusing it and are genuinely helping there shouldn't be an issue to be honest. The main issue is that a lot of people are eager to use commands which can be annoying to both the player and staff member involved
I am talking explicitly about those types of people, yes.

I would leave those borderline cases where someone needs to turn down their volume a bit, or is a bit long winded, or monkey noises for that matter, to the staff.

On the other hand, should staff training really be needed when the person in question is one of the ones who are using their mic in a category-5 hurricane, or are demonstrating what it sounds like to deepthroat a dick that has their mic stuck in it, or the ones who think ear rape is "fun"?

And this is more of a "staff needs to be on the same page" thing, because some staff will get pissed at you because you are faster on a blatant gag than they are (and some will even get mad at donors for the mere act of performing the gag), while some give zero fucks about who does it as long as it gets done.

We have seen some staff fall on either side of that line in this very thread.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(05-19-2020, 03:02 AM)Darkkran [David] Wrote: Donators should be a rank of a gifted titled and that's it, its pretty much just paying for a small amount of power in the server. In which people abuse the small amount of power they get which is crazy to me, how do you fuck up muting people when staff can handle it???

--> Gifted money?
--> Thanks, here's a cute tag with some purple text with no real value but to tell you that we love you.

The problem with donators being able to assess a situation is the exact problem, anyone can donate, and only about 20%of players actually truly care and always become staff anyway.

Report it, get your post count up, show how much you know about the game and apply for staff and then you have staff on for that timezone. Fixes the problem of "not having enough staff" as well as you contributing to the server even more than the current donator rank. This community has been through so much bullshit is still here, someone being a bitch at 4 AM isn't gonna kill the player base.

Money and Power do not go together, and personally should be removed and trusted should be it's "replaced" power rank but in reality you are just removing the power aspect of the rank without even touching the power of trusted. You guys don't need more power because you abuse the power you currently have, after being asked to follow one golden rule with it. "Don't overstep staff."

Also, the reason these donators can over step is because of staff "not caring" in a way that it makes it a bit easier for them, but another staff member has a different opinion that joins the lobby and it creates issues. Staff need to get on the same page, and fix this shit correctly. One things needs to fly with all staff, or nothing needs needs to fly. Not saying you guys are the bad guys, but a meeting needs to be held to get you ALL on the same page. You guys are assuming that anyone that [spends whatever amount] donator is comes with training about what to do and what not to do with that rank. You are pretty much handing them a "new" game and telling them to figure it out by sitting there and behaving, when they want to be able to help because of their "new found" power.

I don't agree with you a whole lot, but damn, you hit that on the head.
(05-19-2020, 11:46 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 03:02 AM)Darkkran [David] Wrote: Donators should be a rank of a gifted titled and that's it, its pretty much just paying for a small amount of power in the server. In which people abuse the small amount of power they get which is crazy to me, how do you fuck up muting people when staff can handle it???

--> Gifted money?

I don't agree with you a whole lot, but damn, you hit that on the head.

Sadly this post never see the great eyes of Dink so this thread is a waste of time. I'd post a video of myself blowing a cow to see Dink respond to this thread.
If the staff member is willfully ignoring someone screaming in their mic or blasting a harmonica or whatever the obvious issue, then the issue isn’t why a donor gagged someone it’s why didn’t the staff member. The rule is written with the intention to stop donors from overstepping not to feed some staff member’s unnecessary ego. If a staff member is obviously failing to do their job let an admin know your concerns. I would much rather the rule be written as not allowing donors to use their commands when staff are on and the staff member allow it anyways if they feel comfortable with it. Otherwise allowing donors to overstep only adds to the issues staff have to watch for. Allowing the discretion to fall with staff is the better option overall. If the rule comes into play then either the staff member is failing to staff the server themselves, at which point the donor should be a welcome addition as long as they are doing it correctly, or the donor is overstepping. And yes, trying to gag someone .5 seconds before the staff just because you can falls under that. But like I said, if a staff member is more concerned about a donor correctly using the command than why they wouldn’t gag the spammer then the issue isn’t the rule itself.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon