Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Initial Mod Application (AKA: Roast Me)
Ingame Name: City

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:67383635

Time Played: Per Gametracker (All Aliases): About 500 (Really just shy at like 490). Cannot get UTime right now, I'm filling this out in a quiet public space, I can retrieve this later

When First Joined: 2014 over summer

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Varies with my work and school schedule, however most times I'm available from 5 PM - 12 AM weekdays. More clear weekdays I can get on between 10 AM - 2 PM. Friday all-day, Saturday up to 1 PM, Sunday 8 PM - 12 AM

Rank Desired: Moderator

Current Rank: Test Mod

What can you do to help the community: I can handle reports effectively, bans when necessary (currently just posting ban requests, or Karma banning an exceptionally annoying Mass RDMer). Answer other players' questions and welcome newer players, helping them get acquainted to the server (Either on the server or the forums). Being a Moderator requires you to represent the best of the community, which I feel is possible for me. 

Why you want to help the community: I like being a part of this community, even though I took a long break from the game, this is the only community and server I could come back to. I enjoy the atmosphere here (even though it gets hectic sometimes, it still has the communal feeling). I have enjoyed helping other players and making sure they have fun in the positions of Trusted and Test Mod, and want to continue as more of a representative as Moderator.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No bans

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): 

How did you find us?: Scrolling through list one day, I was amused by the name and thought it sounded awesome

Other: 
I know not many people were probably expecting this application, and I'm not really expecting it to be accepted either. This is more of a guide to see what others think of me as a Moderator, and how I can improve and get to that level in the future.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
+0 for now. I don't see any major red flags or problems, but I don't think you've been test mod for long enough. You're good at handling reports and helping new players but nothing has stuck out to me saying "this person should be the next moderator" either. Keep up the good work and I think you'll be well on the way, though.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(03-27-2017, 10:06 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: +0 for now. I don't see any major red flags or problems, but I don't think you've been test mod for long enough. You're good at handling reports and helping new players but nothing has stuck out to me saying "this person should be the next moderator" either. Keep up the good work and I think you'll be well on the way, though.

He's been Tmod 3 1/2 months and in that time he has represented (to me at least) that he is the best this community has to offer.

+1
[Image: 7onE1Qa.png]
I am t-  J - s not t - G - s and especially not the plural of tj. That would be retarded.
(03-27-2017, 10:22 AM)tjs65 Wrote:
(03-27-2017, 10:06 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: +0 for now. I don't see any major red flags or problems, but I don't think you've been test mod for long enough. You're good at handling reports and helping new players but nothing has stuck out to me saying "this person should be the next moderator" either. Keep up the good work and I think you'll be well on the way, though.

He's been Tmod 3 1/2 months and in that time he has represented (to me at least) that he is the best this community has to offer.

+1

Maybe I am being a little harsh, but I just think a tmod>mod promotion should take a bit more time than, say, a reg/donor>trusted. I'd also like to know how he would handle a more complex situation.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Have you met my minimum threshold?
  • Do I recognize you?✓
  • Do you have sufficient time on the server?✓
  • Are you active on the forums for at least the last two months?✓
  • Are your forum contributions something other than shitposts and/or trolling?✓
  • Did you follow the application format and not lie?✓
  • Are there zero miscellaneous red flags (personality issues, major incidences, etc.)?✗

What is my stance on you being promoted?
It's twofold, really. For whatever reason, I don't have this perception of you being on as much as you were back before you earned Trusted and while you held that rank. I kinda recall you saying something about stepping back from the server for a bit, which is understandable. It could just be me, but I don't associate you that much with being "active" quite yet. In another month, I definitely will.

The second problem is trust. Staff are supposed to communicate to one another when it comes to concerns and complaints. On my staff app, there were many staff who fairly criticized me and I didn't call for their head. There were also many staff who chose to remain silent and I was ok with that. However, you explicitly stated that you were going to remain silent as to avoid conflict. This is disappointing and a bit insulting that you felt that I wouldn't be able to maturely handle your opinion (assuming it was fairly stated). By communicating your desire to not communicate, you showed that you have no faith in your fellow staff. We are a team and you can't be a Mod until you're ready to speak freely to the rest of your team.

MY FINAL VERDICT: -1

Side note: I know it's the pot calling the kettle black since I lambasted Queef harshly the other day, but I went through the appropriate and cordial channels first and he was setting other people to their appropriate rank while throwing shade at me in what can only be interpreted as being slighted.
Big +1, you're a good player and an even better staff member as a tmod
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
rippe gave a -1, this will not happen. :(

You have my support. Since I've been back, you've been pretty active and can handle reports pretty well. I don't know what the 'council' thinks though
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
(03-27-2017, 10:55 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Have you met my minimum threshold?
  • Do I recognize you?✓
  • Do you have sufficient time on the server?✓
  • Are you active on the forums for at least the last two months?✓
  • Are your forum contributions something other than shitposts and/or trolling?✓
  • Did you follow the application format and not lie?✓
  • Are there zero miscellaneous red flags (personality issues, major incidences, etc.)?✗

What is my stance on you being promoted?
It's twofold, really. For whatever reason, I don't have this perception of you being on as much as you were back before you earned Trusted and while you held that rank. I kinda recall you saying something about stepping back from the server for a bit, which is understandable. It could just be me, but I don't associate you that much with being "active" quite yet. In another month, I definitely will.

The second problem is trust. Staff are supposed to communicate to one another when it comes to concerns and complaints. On my staff app, there were many staff who fairly criticized me and I didn't call for their head. There were also many staff who chose to remain silent and I was ok with that. However, you explicitly stated that you were going to remain silent as to avoid conflict. This is disappointing and a bit insulting that you felt that I wouldn't be able to maturely handle your opinion (assuming it was fairly stated). By communicating your desire to not communicate, you showed that you have no faith in your fellow staff. We are a team and you can't be a Mod until you're ready to speak freely to the rest of your team.

MY FINAL VERDICT: -1

Side note: I know it's the pot calling the kettle black since I lambasted Queef harshly the other day, but I went through the appropriate and cordial channels first and he was setting other people to their appropriate rank while throwing shade at me in what can only be interpreted as being slighted.
I fully understand the reasoning behind the response here, if you want more info on the application situation, steam message me and I'll explain why I said what I said. Regardless, I was looking for constructive criticism and now at least I know I need more activity. Currently my low activity is due to the fact this is my first semester at a new university and I have a lot more schoolwork than before.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
+1, likes Mythbusters
+1, City helped me while I was transitioning and new to the server. Makes playing enjoyable.