Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaerixon's Trusted Application
Ingame Name: Jaerixon

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:70096095

Time Played: 409hrs (122 as "Jaerixon", 287 as "Pickle Rick")

When First Joined: June 2016

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Evenings from 5 until 10 EST

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor

What can you do to help the community: Looking to help people have a great time playing the game. I want to help educate new players, discourage "troll" behavior without being personally critical of the trolls, prevent harassment, and help staff do their jobs

Why you want to help the community: Been playing for a long, long time without really taking on any real role. I'd like to get more involved and contribute more. This server has given me a lot of laughs over the years and I want to give back.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): No

How did you find us?: Randomly clicked on here like 4 years ago

Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for? (Links under requirements in format thread): Yes sirreee

Other: I am fairly quiet from time to time 1. because I am shy and 2. I share the computer area with my fiancee and don't want to bother her with too much noise, but I'm hoping being staff will give me more reason to communicate :)
Hi Jae! It's nice to finally see you on the forums! Aside from activity on the forums and discord(I like these things but I don't think they should be required.) I'd like to ask a couple questions. Are you prepared to deal with people that might not be in a good mindset? Do you have any previous staffing experience? Something that has been a bit of a problem the past few months is people trying to stretch the rules to their own benefit, do you think you will be able to make tough calls on people that you might consider friends?
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
I don't really see you on much, but that could be that we just miss each other. I'd say try to do some ban requests. Plus one plus zero
time over the last month

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-22-2020, 10:00 PM)Battons Wrote: Hi Jae! It's nice to finally see you on the forums! Aside from activity on the forums and discord(I like these things but I don't think they should be required.) I'd like to ask a couple questions. Are you prepared to deal with people that might not be in a good mindset? Do you have any previous staffing experience? Something that has been a bit of a problem the past few months is people trying to stretch the rules to their own benefit, do you think you will be able to make tough calls on people that you might consider friends?

Q1: Yes, just have to be patient with people. The heat usually wears off if you maintain a level head.
Q2: No previous staffing experience, but I have been a college ranked basketball and lacrosse official for several years
Q3: Yes. The current staff have always set good examples on this and I would just continue what they've been doing. I wouldn't be afraid to enforce the rules, when necessary, on anyone.

(05-23-2020, 02:19 PM)Cake Wrote: time over the last month

Hmm tough to say exactly, I probably log an hour or two most days, maybe more depending on what all I've got going on. But as for the specific time over the last month, that's the closest I can estimate.

(05-23-2020, 01:05 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I don't really see you on much, but that could be that we just miss each other. I'd say try to do some ban requests. Plus one plus zero

That's a good idea, I will see if I can do more. Thanks for the tip. What times are you usually on?
Not to call you out or anything but what happened to the last application?...

As I stated before, you need more activity more exteriorly.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(05-23-2020, 03:53 PM)Eternal Wrote: Not to call you out or anything but what happened to the last application?...

I haven't applied to anything else before, are you thinking of somebody else?
(05-23-2020, 04:18 PM)Jaerixon Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 03:53 PM)Eternal Wrote: Not to call you out or anything but what happened to the last application?...

It was you I'm 100% certain and I recall @"Alora" commenting on your previous app about time.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(05-23-2020, 10:37 PM)Eternal Wrote:
(05-23-2020, 04:18 PM)Jaerixon Wrote:

It was you I'm 100% certain and I recall @"Alora" commenting on your previous app about time.

Uhh I don't remember saying anything, (prob wrong @ target lol)
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]

He has never made an app(Matt confirmed).

My opinion: I think you can be a good staff member and though I'm sure you have the potential, I'd like to see more activity in the community other than the server. For that reason it's a -1 for now, but it can definitely be a +1 in the future.
former admin2