A blue walrus
Name: Thunderwalrusinnthebar

Steam id:  STEAM_0:1:83739310

Time played: 670 hours

When I joined: Around 2015 and then took a break for while

Availability: Nights after work (around six west coast time) and weekends

Rank desired: Test moderator 

Current rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community: I've been playing on this server for a while and I've been trusted for a couple months now. I feel like I can do more on the staff side of things to help the server. I find myself to be the only staff on sometimes while playing late night and It would help to be able to do more while I am on the server. I also have a good grasp on the rules and I do not believe I've done a bad job at trusted. This is the only TTT server I play on and I would like to help it grow and strive.

Why do you want to help the community: This is the only TTT server I play on and I would like to help it in anyway I can. I really enjoy my time here, its a good server I would like to see grow. 

Have you ever been banned: No

Have you previously applied for staff:

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10686

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=10424

How did you find us: This was the server I first joined in 2015 and when I came back to TTT in 2019 I started playing here again because I remembered how much I liked it.

Did you fill out the required scenarios: I have filled out the Trusted scenarios and the T-mod scenarios.

Other: Any advice would be great. I'm not going to be salty if this gets turned down, I just want to know what to work on. Thanks for reading my application!
+1

I like you so much because you seem to be helpfully on TTT.

Your an amazing staff and I think you deserve to go beyond Trusted.

Your ready for more commands to use in TTT.

Good luck
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy
+1 is always extremely friendly and helpful in everything he does. Communicates with staff and players well and efficiently. Is always on top of everything INSTANTLY. It's crazy. Thunder would be a great addition to the blue team. He's friendly, fun, and a leader, people look up to him. I cannot remember a time where thunder did anything controversial.
Im gonna remain neutral because I havent been on server with you enough to say how you are on server but I trust its been good and dont get me wrong im glad you became trusted but one thing is maybe get more involved on forums or disocrd a little more your just kinda there ya know. Maybe its just me and dont take this in a bad way just something to think about moving forward

GL buddy :D still aint gonna drink water though
Hi, it's Geist here to post an essay because i'm extra. I used to post detailed responses to promotion threads in the old forums so figured I would start this up again since some staff mentioned that replies to promotion threads are lacking. 

First I would like to address the Server Requirements for applying to Tmod then I will add my personal opinion on Thunder below that, forgive the long response.

- Consistent community activity, 200+ hours in server, Good Ban Requests: All of these are checked off pretty easily here, your ban requests had some issues with screenshots but you fixed that fast and they're good. Plenty of play time and current activity on the server and discord is pretty good as well. Maybe some more casual activity on the Forums (Most of your comments are ban requests) will help you along the way and ingrain yourself into the community.

- Good understanding of the rules, Handles RDM reports accurately: This is all mostly great here as well. RDM reports are handled accurately and quickly most of the time and I've yet to see an issue come from you handling a certain report which is good. Your understanding of the rules is detailed and you even gave me advice one time; I would like to see a better ability to stand strong on your own sometimes. It's always good to ask questions in @ chat when you're not sure but as you go up in ranks, people will expect you to have that information they will seek.

- Responses to scenarios, No major behavior incidents: We recently have had some days where there are many trolls on during peak times which is hard to deal with but you bolstered down and helped solve the issue with weeding out the problem players quickly along with other staff (Shoutout to @Cardio  for helping as well). Your behavior is also strong is most incidents, just yesterday somebody was renaming themselves to your name as a joke and you handled it very calmly where other people would've blown up. I would like to see you remain impartial to some players and incidents when they pop up as to make sure all punishments are given out fairly, especially in targeting cases. (This is something ALL staff have to work on, including myself).

- Community support detailing the progress made as a staff member and my Personal opinion: Let's be honest here, the people like you man and you should be proud of that. Some people struggle to maintain a staff position while also being liked (by most of course some people gonna hate) on the server. You have +1's already and nobody with major concerns about this staff app. I have heard one or two dissenting opinions against you but that's why I've made recommendations throughout this post and I mainly advise here that you get more personal with people, let Thunder shine as a person instead of just a staff member. Personally I think you've got what makes a good staff member and I've seen you in action. I like to think that after all the time I've been staff in multiple TTT servers including this one I can make that statement with confidence.

Verdict: You're a good staff that makes mistakes rarely, and more importantly you learn from them and that's what makes Great staff.  +1
Test Moderator on Dinkleberg's TTT.

"You guys are fucking cancer."
I agree with what everyone has said so far, but I also think that more community engagement would be nice. Whether it be within the community Discord or forums would be tremendously beneficial in letting everyone know who you are. That alone isn't a reason to -1 though since you do your job well by handling reports correctly, you don't shy away from asking questions, etc.

+1
On the community engagement point. I would like to be more involved but as of now I am struggling with that because my mic set up is broken. I can only have sound or my mic working right now. I some how messed that up when I upgraded my computer lol. I should fix that in the next week or so. Thanks for all the advice guys. Its good to hear!
Thunder, I love your enthusiasm and I think you've grown so much as a staff member since your first application. The fact that you're willing to learn and very adaptable to many situations makes you a cut above the rest in my opinion. As Dong has stated, I do think you need to work on your involvement in the community outside of just the TTT server. That being said, because of what you *have* been doing on the server, I think I'm going to give you a +1.
You're making the server DJ Position look amazing.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
+1 you best believe I'm gonna plus one dis app. C'mon now everyone said it all! Dis walrus must turn into an almighty unicorn!! Haven't gotten sleep. Will re-edit dis wit a more serious response afta my shift :3
+1 you are timely, accurate, and show good judgement with punishments (meaning you actually look at the situation as well as ht and don't just punish someone for "violating the rules" when the situation is one of those exception to them (like RDM vs doorblocking). What the fuck else is there to say but +1.
The only issue I can see with you is that we don't have a thunder-y walrus skin or a bar map so we can properly do a ceremony for what will hopefully be your promotion, because you deserve it.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]