Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uncertain Times
Hello there! As a fruit living in America, I acknowledge that, as of right now, I feel as though the entire world is walking on eggshells. There are so many things going on in our country and in the world as a whole that it can be quite disheartening. So, I want to attempt to make this thread a safe place for people to share their fears/ hopes about the future and get all of their feelings off their chests. Please, do not harass or judge others for the things that they say in this thread.

"We are faced with the fact that tomorrow is today. We are confronted with the fierce urgency of now." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
Do you live in Minnesota?
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy
(06-01-2020, 07:13 AM)Happy Mirror Wrote: Do you live in Minnesota?
No, not even close, but I can't even imagine what it's like up there.
Not something sad or fearful but the other day I saw a crowd of white/black people holding signs saying "black lives matter" different things like that. I'm from Missouri and saw this on the corner of a street near an intersection. I've never personally seen this in my hometown and I just want to say I appreciate it and I'm glad to see people come together like that no matter what their skin color is.
(06-01-2020, 07:42 AM)Zuboba[Ape Gang] Wrote: Not something sad or fearful but the other day I saw a crowd of white/black people holding signs saying "black lives matter" different things like that. I'm from Missouri and saw this on the corner of a street near an intersection. I've never personally seen this in my hometown and I just want to say I appreciate it and I'm glad to see people come together like that no matter what their skin color is.

It is very refreshing to see those types of things. I live in Mississippi, so the atmosphere and culture around here are very different. We don't have many public rallies and if we do they are few and far between.
Fayetteville NC is currently in chaos, which is pretty fun for us, since that's where we sell nearly all of our cash crops and uh, you know, get paid. Hopefully that clears up soon..
(06-01-2020, 12:34 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Fayetteville NC is currently in chaos, which is pretty fun for us, since that's where we sell nearly all of our cash crops and uh, you know, get paid. Hopefully that clears up soon..
sheesh, that doesn't sound good at all. stay safe my dude :(
As a Canadian, I've noted what's really come to be a huge movement in the last couple of days. There's been some protests here and there where I am, but peaceful....although we had our own incident with a black woman being a victim of our police force a few days ago.
Not sure what to think of for the future...it seems like things will be changing a bit, but also I mean, I just know most things really won't change...and that there's just as many morons as there was before.

I gotta say, it's so important to find ways to keep one's mental health in check...or else the undertow will catch you. Stay safe everyone, we'll make it through.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(06-03-2020, 10:04 PM)General Lee 2: Lee Harder Wrote: As a Canadian, I've noted what's really come to be a huge movement in the last couple of days. There's been some protests here and there where I am, but peaceful....although we had our own incident with a black woman being a victim of our police force a few days ago.
Not sure what to think of for the future...it seems like things will be changing a bit, but also I mean, I just know most things really won't change...and that there's just as many morons as there was before.

I gotta say, it's so important to find ways to keep one's mental health in check...or else the undertow will catch you. Stay safe everyone, we'll make it through.
I have to agree with you.

There are also Canadians doing peaceful protests in Toronto as well.

People have the right to be angry about this whole George Floyd thing but people do not have the rights to loot, burn, and destroy stuff.
[Image: latest?cb=20171003155620]
[Image: giphy.gif]
COON AND FRIENDS TEAM UP WITH FREEDOM PALS!

"Inspiration comes from within yourself. One has to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen."
- Deep Roy
(06-04-2020, 04:25 AM)Happy Mirror Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 10:04 PM)General Lee 2: Lee Harder Wrote: As a Canadian, I've noted what's really come to be a huge movement in the last couple of days. There's been some protests here and there where I am, but peaceful....although we had our own incident with a black woman being a victim of our police force a few days ago.

I have to agree with you.

There are also Canadians doing peaceful protests in Toronto as well.

People have the right to be angry about this whole George Floyd thing but people do not have the rights to loot, burn, and destroy stuff.
I live a few miles away, so it's an easy walk for me to get to the protests...heck one is happening in twelve hours, it's not even 3 miles from me....but man, it's a strange time for a protest with this virus going around. I  myself don't mind at ALL going and picketing for a cause, but there's a fine line between maintaining care with regards to a pretty substantial pandemic, and advocating for something that's been pushed to the edge for so long. It definitely tempts me in some ways....some of my friends are going to this protest or have, but fundamentally I can't stand with possibly being another person that causes the spread of this coronavirus thing around. 

These are tough times....if I lose friends over this I don't care. Everyone is taking this pandemic differently and under no circumstance should we ever peer-pressure people in situations like these. (Oh, also...I should really hop on the server sometime lol....woops)
[Image: b_560x95.png]