Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Prop Hunt Donors and Regs
This post is for anyone on the server (specifically Prophunt) that has been having issues with the massive influx of people to the server, but mostly for our Donors and Regulars.
It has come to light that many of you have been dealing with a lot of trolls, spammers, and not so nice players on server and not handling things well, correctly, or at all.

Procedure and where to find info about it how you can help
Search the forums, everything that you could have questions about is here. Need information about a ban request? Theres info and instructions in the Ban Request tab. Want a list of guidelines? Go to the Core tab and click on the Prop Hunt option. There is lots of useful information there. DONORS should read the Donor Guidelines and at least try to remember what they say. Being a Donor (while appreciated) does not give you the freedom to bend the rules or abuse the power. Donors need to follow procedure just like staff do, remember that.

What you can do? Download Bandicam or OBS. Both are free. Record when you play.

If there are issues in game either ping staff and tab mute players for yourself and play the game or ping staff and record/ss until they get on. If no one is available either record to post a ban request or let it be known that you have evidence to a staff member. Ping on the discord first, using @PH On-Call Staff (it will pop up in green). If you need to give information to a specific staff member use a steam message or use !p or (I prefer this) @ in game chat to let them know. DON’T JUST YELL ANYTHING IN GAME. Especially if there is someone(s) sus on server. Don’t make it public knowledge in chat or vc or else the trolls, spammers, ghosts, or hackers will get away before evidence can be gathered.

If you have an issue with a staff member then message them about it, it might be a misunderstanding. If it continues, gather evidence on the issue and file the problems in the forums. If you do this, make sure you are prepared to accuse someone that has been chosen by the community to help on the server. Not just someone that bought the position like on other servers. Staff on ph are chosen by vote, by other staff and members of the server. Do not just assume that staff are lazy or ignoring you when they are not able to get on during every issue. We all have lives outside of this server, many of us have irl jobs, families, and other priorities and sometime we just want to play other games. This is just a place where we come to have fun and try to keep it safe for others to play as well.
If you are just going to be lazy and refuse to post a ban request when staff wasn’t able to get on, you do not get to complain because “its not your job” or “staff should’ve gotten on to deal with it” because you are not helping and therefore part of the problem.

Why staff must follow procedure, even if you told them what has happened? There needs to be enough evidence, without evidence anyone could complain about someone else and get them banned. Are staff just supposed to take your word on it? NO. If they did then maybe they have to take the word of some troll against you abusing your donor power or saying youre hacking when instead you’ve just played this server a thousand times and are just good. Staff need evidence, if they don’t get it and take action and then that is countered with evidence from the opposing side then the staff member will get in trouble and not the players who complained. The responsibility of staff is what keeps the server as safe as we can make it. Dumping all your complaints on staff and then expecting instant perfection and rainbows is selfish.
If you think being friends with someone in staff will protect you from punishment for abusing powers, you are very mistaken. Any abuse will be dealt with and you will earn strikes and then the removal of your donor privileges.

This is just some of the things I have witnessed or seen EVIDENCE (theres the word again) of happening over the past couple of weeks. We all really do appreciate when Donors try to help, and if there is only one staff and it seems like they need help send them a pm or use @ in chat to ask. I know I’ve asked for help before and some of you have been amazing with the evidence gathering.

Now if a staff member tells you to back off then BACK OFF, then please do it. If you have to be told to back off multiple times and you don’t listen then don’t be surprised when you get gagged/muted/kicked, you should know better. And you should all know that “your word” isn’t good enough. Just telling staff that something happened won’t get immediate action on the issue. Many of you can get too worked up and emotional, this can skew opinions. So, you can let staff know what has been happening and they will look into it. But if you want faster results then PROVIDE EVIDENCE.

We all know that some pretty terrible things can be said on server. I guarantee the staff have been told some of the worst things imaginable and threatened with even worse, but that is what we must deal with in order to help the people that want to play.  

Staff have a lot to look after when we are on. Don’t assume they are doing nothing; they are always watching. Yes, somethings can be missed. Staff might be watching someone and not be able to watch someone else so if you notice something sus USE @ IN CHAT to let them know.

I hope at least one person reads this, learns something, and understands what the staff have to do and deal with. At least one.
Have a nice day.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

If anyone needs help setting up recording software or OBS replay buffer, feel free to ask me. A lot of people don't bother recording because either their PC cooks, or it's inconvenient, or they don't know how, or the video file is gigantic, or some other technical problem. I'd be happy to help with them.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
hey this is an issue that i still constantly see on ttt idk if its an issue on ph but it needs to be said anyways

please for the love of god don't publicly call out hackers just tell the staff using @
(06-08-2020, 07:10 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: hey this is an issue that i still constantly see on ttt idk if its an issue on ph but it needs to be said anyways

please for the love of god don't publicly call out hackers just tell the staff using @

Is there a way for me to like your post more than once?
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(06-08-2020, 07:18 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 07:10 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: hey this is an issue that i still constantly see on ttt idk if its an issue on ph but it needs to be said anyways

Is there a way for me to like your post more than once?

I'll give you one of my alts
TL;DR
Staff is gets onto the server for a reason and is watching. They require evidence that in clear cut and actually shows some form of wrong doing that requires punishment due to our rules. If you have a misunderstanding with staff please just try to talk to them and clear it up, don't just be all toxic. Use @ to report sus activities to staff and don't try to take things into your own hands.

I believe that was as to the point as I could get. I don't think there was anything that I missed
(06-08-2020, 08:07 PM)zenful pikachu Wrote: TL;DR
Staff is gets onto the server for a reason and is watching. They require evidence that in clear cut and actually shows some form of wrong doing that requires punishment due to our rules. If you have a misunderstanding with staff please just try to talk to them and clear it up, don't just be all toxic. Use @ to report sus activities to staff and don't try to take things into your own hands.

I believe that was as to the point as I could get. I don't think there was anything that I missed
Trying to cover every issue that has come up takes up a lot of space. You've witnessed these issues, some of the folks that this is directed to are always asking for more information. I tried to address it all.
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

This is awesome, thank you. I took Pixies advice and downloaded the Nvidia software - fingers crossed this one works! All of us donors are guilty in one way or another here - including me! So this was a much needed message to send, its just unfortunate that it had to be said!
Go away
(06-08-2020, 09:07 PM)MissPauling Wrote: This is awesome, thank you. I took Pixies advice and downloaded the Nvidia software - fingers crossed this one works! All of us donors are guilty in one way or another here - including me! So this was a much needed message to send, its just unfortunate that it had to be said!
You are trying and it is appreciated! Thank you very much for your help and assistance. We all learn as we go, took me forever to learn most of this stuff. 
Thanks again Miss P ❤
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Just wanted to add to this:

- if you bought donor for other reasons and DON'T WANT to use your privileges, that is absolutely fine. There is no expectation for donors to use their commands.

- please don't chat shit about staff, either to our faces or behind our backs. The accusations of "you aren't doing enough" and "what you're doing isn't good enough" actually do hurt our feelings/annoy us. We all just wanna play the same game you do.

- if you have questions, ASK THEM! I can guarantee a staff member will be much happier to have a chat and answer any questions rather than get into an argument over said issues at a later point.

I understand how frustrating it can get on server at times, I really do. I was a donor just like everyone else at one point. All we're asking here is that the current donors and regulars follow the guidelines, the suggestions put here and actually talk to staff rather than just hurling accusations our way.