Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Might mess around and... make a discord staff app
Discord Name: MilkManFromMars(NoSys32)

Discord ID: MilkManFromMars#2161

When First Joined(Estimate): First joined the server in July of 2018, so probably only just a week or so after I joined in July

What is your age: Old enough to apply. I will only divulge such information to the proper authorities in a private location.
What rank are you applying for (Helper or Moderator): Helper

What can you do to help the Discord community: Be an extra set of eyes on server, and be your latest lab rat for the new helper role

Why you want to help the Discord community: Dink's is okay I guess. I wanna move up in the world

Other: I don't always type a lot in discord but I usually check it a lot because I don't like the little white blips

I play animal crossing. Please be my friend.
[Image: Sy6406Z.png]
I would support this... but the app makes me think you dont really care much at all
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(06-09-2020, 02:14 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I would support this... but the app makes me think you dont really care much at all

Could I ask for more details on why you feel like that? Just curious, not trying to seem apprehensive.
(06-09-2020, 02:24 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 02:14 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I would support this... but the app makes me think you dont really care much at all

Could I ask for more details on why you feel like that? Just curious, not trying to seem apprehensive.

I think it may be the lack of content actually in this application. Most see 1 or 2 lines to sections like "Why you want to help" and such as a lack of caring or real desire to have that position. As if one is applying just because they can, not because they want to.
(06-09-2020, 03:35 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 02:24 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote:

I think it may be the lack of content actually in this application. Most see 1 or 2 lines to sections like "Why you want to help" and such as a lack of caring or real desire to have that position. As if one is applying just because they can, not because they want to.

I can completely understand that, but I felt like with the position being such a minor position, and so new in creation, it's not a giant gamble. I fully intent do to my role to help in discord if i get the position, but I just didn't feel like I needed a paragraph to explain that I plan to do what I'm supposed to.
yeah messaging you private about things and seeing what things the role require for a person i believe you have the potential to be a helper for discord ill +1
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
Nope, I don't think you're actually mature enough for this.

You're a good guy and we're friends but like do you even really care about anything that goes on with the server? Who's to say you won't just troll or shitpost yourself?
I may change my decision eventually but as for right now, -1.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
I agree with Noire here. I like playing on the server with you but you do have a tendency to get involved in needless arguements. I think you need to become more level headed before becoming staff. For now its a -1, I'd like to see you workon becoming calmer.
(06-09-2020, 06:09 PM)Noire Wrote: Nope, I don't think you're actually mature enough for this.

You're a good guy and we're friends but like do you even really care about anything that goes on with the server? Who's to say you won't just troll or shitpost yourself?
I may change my decision eventually but as for right now, -1.

If I didn't care about anything that goes on why would I still make input on voting on different things within the server like staff apps and new additions, or even still be in the discord or actively checking the forums while I'm not playing. I don't take the server as serious as a courtroom but that doesn't mean you can imply that every single thing I do is a shitpost, no matter what I do you're still going to label me a troll, so if I didn't care, why would I even bother making the application?

I only responded to this because @J@CK XDDD asked me to, I didn't plan on it originally because I know there's no way to respond to something like this without seeming apprehensive or argumentative.
(06-09-2020, 08:34 PM)MilkManFromMars Wrote: I don't take the server as serious as a courtroom but that doesn't mean you can imply that every single thing I do is a shitpost, no matter what I do you're still going to label me a troll, so if I didn't care, why would I even bother making the application?

I only responded to this because @J@CK XDDD asked me to, I didn't plan on it originally because I know there's no way to respond to something like this without seeming apprehensive or argumentative.

As for the first part of this, I don't label anyone. I see what they have done in the past and base my assumptions about whether or not they'd be fit for a staff position from that. People can change. I hate the idea of people taking the forums and other parts of Dink's servers as serious as fuck because honestly, sometimes that just causes more problems than it fixes. I want to hear what you think, I want to know why you want to be a staff member. As for the second part, arguing is a valid form of communication. I don't really care what you seem like if you're answering my questions. Instead of bitching because you're gonna be labelled a certain wait, change my preconception of you on the server.

If you wanna talk more about it with me privately, you know where I am and how to get to me.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator