Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removal or change of the jetpack utility item
Hey everyone I just wanted to bring up the fact that the jetpack item really fucks with the game and causes it to be extremly difficult to headshot people. An item that gives higher jump height inherently allows the players with it to be more evasive and to access points on the map more easily than players without the jump pack. 

I dont think this item is very forgiving towards new players and even makes some weapons less viable due to their unreliability with jumping hitboxes ex. (Automatic weapons such as the mac 10/M4) 
To me it seems that to have the best chance of doing well you need the jump pack, and that shows the inherent flaw in the item. I understand its cool and all but it makes the game frustrating for new players and old alike.
No.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(03-29-2017, 01:10 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: No.

And why, I thought this was suppose to be for discussion and suggestions lol.
(03-29-2017, 01:12 AM)Deathstalker Wrote:
(03-29-2017, 01:10 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: No.

And why, I thought this was suppose to be for discussion and suggestions lol.

There's no discussion to be had since it's literally never getting removed. It's part of the server's "identity," for lack of a better phrase. People who don't like the jetpack either git gud or play on a server without it.

Besides, the hitbox issue is a problem with GMod and not the server.
(03-29-2017, 01:08 AM)Deathstalker Wrote: Hey everyone I just wanted to bring up the fact that the jetpack item really fucks with the game and causes it to be extremly difficult to headshot people. An item that gives higher jump height inherently allows the players with it to be more evasive and to access points on the map more easily than players without the jump pack. 

I dont think this item is very forgiving towards new players and even makes some weapons less viable due to their unreliability with jumping hitboxes ex. (Automatic weapons such as the mac 10/M4) 
To me it seems that to have the best chance of doing well you need the jump pack, and that shows the inherent flaw in the item. I understand its cool and all but it makes the game frustrating for new players and old alike.

" extremly difficult to headshot people"  it's extremely difficult to headshot people who have the jumppack? get good they're only jumping.
If you want better hitboxes get them to remove all the shitty skins and then go fix gmod cause gmod is shit in general. 

"To me it seems that to have the best chance of doing well you need the jump pack, and that shows the inherent flaw in the item.

no, the best chance to do well is to have good aim and the jump pack doesn't give you that does it?
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
(03-29-2017, 01:08 AM)Deathstalker Wrote: Hey everyone I just wanted to bring up the fact that the jetpack item really fucks with the game and causes it to be extremly difficult to headshot people. An item that gives higher jump height inherently allows the players with it to be more evasive and to access points on the map more easily than players without the jump pack. 

We're not removing it, and I understand why you would be frustrated, but I recommend sticking around for a little while. You will start to get better at playing with it after a while, and eventually you will be able to purchase one. Playing the game and completing objectives (Killing a T if you're innocent or vice versa) will earn you Point shop points.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
The jumpack is meant for people who stay a while and it acts as a "reward" not going anywhere though
L
O
C
K
E
D
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]