Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oh h e c k
Ingame Name: MissPauling

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:503019588

Time Played: 361.53

When First Joined: August 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 6pm - 10pm Monday to Friday & whenever on Saturday and Sunday, usually on around noon until 2am (GMT-7)

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor. 

What can you do to help the community?: I can continue to bring a level headed approach to the community, given that I am usually on at such odd times I can help alleviate some of the much later pings that on call staff receive. As well, I do not have an issue speaking out to donors and regulars to remind them to stop feeding into trolls, when to stop the appropriate conversations and how to avoid conflict. 

Why do you want to help the community?: I want to help the community because I do feel its become a bit more "stressed" during summer and Covid, I think PH staff having another set of hands available is needed - whether or not that is me. I get along great with the staff who do come on, I find them all really enjoyable and would like to be able to help, without overstepping my roll. 

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Nope

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Nope 

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? I am currently using the Nvidia that Pixie had suggested - I've yet to upload anything to see how it works and I do believe I was able to fix my issue when it comes to screenshots. If the software does not work, I will be finding another and trying that. 

How did you find us?: This was one of the first servers that I joined and liked enough to stick with 

Other: I know in the beginning of me coming onto this server I had joined with a group of trolls, unknowingly, and continued to play with them and did create issues myself, I did also have a hiccup with a staff member at the time - That is around the time I went on a personal hiatus and I have since come back on and off with a different approach and outlook. I am aware that applications more often than not get denied first try, so I am nervous but equally excited to receive feedback as well.

That being said, be gentle. Thanks :)
Go away
No but really I'm a +0 

I haven't been on server with you lately, so I'm mainly going off previous experiences and what I've seen both on Discord and here on forums. 

The discord side you've been more active as of late and have learned how to ping staff and relay information in the ping that isn't just "hacker in PH". Which is beautiful and appreciated.  You've also been conversing with people in the community in a positive way, which is also a plus.

On server previously you did start out as a troll which you stated, and from my last interactions with you on server you were more chill. Personally, seeing you apply for staff was a surprise.  

Your time on server is very good, I will warn you that spending a lot of time on the server as staff will burn you out. 

I haven't seen anything negative lately about/from you nor has anything really stood out abundantly,  hence why I'm neutral on this application.  Also due to the fact that I haven't been on server with you recently therefore I can't give much feedback either. 

Good luck 
(06-15-2020, 09:36 AM)The Triangle Wrote: -7
Thank you, this is so kind, I will cherish this forever <3

hahah but no for real, I appreciate all you said and your vote! Thank you :)
Go away
Hey MissPauling Thanks for Applying for Trusted I'm going to go with a +0 Seen you personality Handle things never seen you blow up on trolls like some people have on the server you know all the rules/procedures and you follow the donor guidelines you do keep a level head

There really not much else i can say at this point because i haven't been on but seen you handle things like staff would want them to handled

Good Luck on this app!
See you in the Prop/Hunter field!
[Image: AthleticYoungLamb-max-1mb.gif]
Hey Misspauling, Thanks for Applying!

As someone who has watched and been there for the better part of you coming back these past few months, you have seriously changed your tone and have taken care the server in your own time. I do want to bring up the recent ban request since it's new. People make mistakes and there's human error in staffing as well. In my opinion, you handled yourself pretty well. Trusted is an entry level rank for staff, and one must be educated in the basic of the basic commands and rule/guideline set, as well as how to handle troll situations, and how well you remain patient which each person on server. I believe you got these sets already. You're always asking questions whats good and whats bad to follow on and how to say something in the server. I'm basically saying you got what it takes and I know you'll be a big help with the extra commands like forceswapping those ghosting baddies. 

Make sure not to burn yourself out too quickly and take a break here and there so we don't loose ya. For the reason's above, It's a (+1) from me. Keep at it, enjoy yourself and have fun!
(06-16-2020, 04:50 PM)Abdel Wrote: Hey Misspauling, Thanks for Applying!

As someone who has watched and been there for the better part of you coming back these past few months, you have seriously changed your tone and have taken care the server in your own time. I do want to bring up the recent ban request since it's new. People make mistakes and there's human error in staffing as well. In my opinion, you handled yourself pretty well. Trusted is an entry level rank for staff, and one must be educated in the basic of the basic commands and rule/guideline set, as well as how to handle troll situations, and how well you remain patient which each person on server. I believe you got these sets already. You're always asking questions whats good and whats bad to follow on and how to say something in the server. I'm basically saying you got what it takes and I know you'll be a big help with the extra commands like forceswapping those ghosting baddies. 

Make sure not to burn yourself out too quickly and take a break here and there so we don't loose ya. For the reason's above, It's a (+1) from me. Keep at it, enjoy yourself and have fun!
Thanks Abdel, 
That's really appreciated - I also appreciate your patience with me when I do ask a lot of questions, of course I have a lot of areas I do still need to work on - recording is 100% my biggest one, but its really great to know I do have you and others to help me out when I need it :)
Go away
Oh MissPauling....
I think you have really dived head first into this. You've really shown that you are trying to help with the server; you ask questions, you ping staff, you know when to back off and when to step in (and ask people if they need help or not).
I will say that being staff means you have to put the safety and fun of other players first. So learning how to be chill and turn a switch off to the annoying trolls, spammers, and other unsavory folks. Its okay if it happens once in a blue moon but you gotta know when to reel it in and not let it get to you. I defiantly think you can do this. Once you are told something, you actually listen and make yourself accountable.
Youre not perfect, none of us are. I think that making you Trusted is a great idea, its a good way to learn even more than you've been working on as a helpful donor.
( i hate to repeat this part but (3rd times the charm) I want to reiterate that staffing can sometimes take some of the fun out of the game if you let it. Be careful you dont burn out)
+1
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

(06-16-2020, 06:11 PM)unfortunatepossum Wrote: Oh MissPauling....
I think you have really dived head first into this. You've really shown that you are trying to help with the server; you ask questions, you ping staff, you know when to back off and when to step in (and ask people if they need help or not).
I will say that being staff means you have to put the safety and fun of other players first. So learning how to be chill and turn a switch off to the annoying trolls, spammers, and other unsavory folks. Its okay if it happens once in a blue moon but you gotta know when to reel it in and not let it get to you. I defiantly think you can do this. Once you are told something, you actually listen and make yourself accountable.
Youre not perfect, none of us are. I think that making you Trusted is a great idea, its a good way to learn even more than you've been working on as a helpful donor.
( i hate to repeat this part but (3rd times the charm) I want to reiterate that staffing can sometimes take some of the fun out of the game if you let it. Be careful you dont  burn out)
+1
Thanks Possum!! I really appreciate this, you're so sweet.
Also, just noticed I wrote appropriate instead of inappropriate... good thing I didn't say I have good attention to detail ;)
Go away
I know i don'y play here often, but i know you and a couple others have another server you've made and set up. If that server takes off would that effect your presence here at dinks?
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(06-16-2020, 08:17 PM)happy Wrote: I know i don'y play here often, but i know you and a couple others have another server you've made and set up. If that server takes off would that effect your presence here at dinks?
Awesome question - I was waiting for this one! 
So, for the server in question, I was not one to set it up - I was asked to help watch over and be the 'co-owner' (which happened suddenly and by surprise) but more so I am just there for quality control. I've been inactive in that server for quite some time now since nothing has happened in it to create movement, as well for personal reasons I am no longer reaching out to the server or active, though my name is still tied. The only thing that holds me there is literally my name. While I do value and respect the players there, it seems as though they've decided to take a different approach and I was not aware, which is totally cool!

From what I've seen and gathered, they have active staff that are doing their part, but as far as my presence within Dink's, I do not foresee that changing from what it is currently. 

If you, or anyone else, has anymore concerns or questions, don't hesitate to reach out to me about it. I'd be happy to chat about it and my 'placement' there.
Go away