Poll: Unban erny!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
23.81%
5 23.81%
No
76.19%
16 76.19%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

I got
(06-15-2020, 05:32 PM)Eagle Wrote: This is not only harmless because it does not disrupt the gameplay and only lasts ~30 seconds, but it's also a lot of fun that most if not all of the server (minus the staff) seem to enjoy. Not only that but it was not disrupting any kind of conversations since I can see admin chat and nothing was going on there, and any other conversation can simply be resumed right after.

[Image: 6277a165bd75bac230ee2f5eb3a48300.png]

If you recall, I didn't mute or warn anyone the first time you did this. Then I looked into it after this was said in chat.

After that, I realized that I should've stopped it. When it happened the second time, I did just that. Ernest also was yelling in his mic at the time; regardless of if he was spamming chat or not.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(06-15-2020, 05:32 PM)Eagle Wrote: The "chatspam" that Ernest is accused of is spamming the chat

I’ll just let that little bit sink in. We don’t allow chat spam before, during, or after the round. Back in the day we used to but it became annoying as fuck when people would start slamming binds and so the rule was changed (iirc). It’d be one thing if he got a day ban off of that, which could still be valid, but this has 7 warnings attached. 7 times which added up. We’re seeing the same mess in discord (finally) where actions add up.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(06-15-2020, 05:49 PM)Noire Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 05:32 PM)Eagle Wrote: This is not only harmless because it does not disrupt the gameplay and only lasts ~30 seconds, but it's also a lot of fun that most if not all of the server (minus the staff) seem to enjoy. Not only that but it was not disrupting any kind of conversations since I can see admin chat and nothing was going on there, and any other conversation can simply be resumed right after.

[Image: 6277a165bd75bac230ee2f5eb3a48300.png]

If you recall, I didn't mute or warn anyone the first time you did this. Then I looked into it after this was said in chat.

After that, I realized that I should've stopped it. When it happened the second time, I did just that. Ernest also was yelling in his mic at the time; regardless of if he was spamming chat or not.

The bot doesn't actually break, it just continues to type the chat into discord for a while which nobody reads anyway. It's just a figure of speech and once again completely harmless.
(06-15-2020, 05:46 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: How many fuckin ernies are there jesus christ this is Bantz all over

edit: to keep this post on topic, -1 you've gotten several warnings over the same issue in the span of a couple of days.
Being as I was the one who banned Bantz and was responsible for catching their trolling, this is nothing like the Bantz kids.
Idk who you are, but it seems some of the staff I have interacted with upon my return are too busy trying to enforce rules and go on power trips rather than actually help maintain a fun atmosphere in the server which people enjoy.

If you wanted to ban him for mic spam, by all means go for it, but as I stated on the actual server, this was not mic spam, rather end round chat spam which multiple people were participating in and he was encouraged to participate in. If you want to blame anyone, blame myself for queueing a mosh, but this was in no way malicious.

I respect the staff for what they do as former staff myself, but there seems to be a divide in what the staff believe is right for the community and how the actual community feels about what should and shouldn't be bannable. My 2 cents. I vote unban.

All love on my end.

Just a heads up. @Eagle  and @The_Kor  I know you guys have recently returned from extended hiatus from the server, however rules have changed quite a bit from the time you played. Chat spam is against the rules and has been for some time
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(06-15-2020, 05:53 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Just a heads up. @Eagle  and @The_Kor  I know you guys have recently returned from extended hiatus from the server, however rules have changed quite a bit from the time you played. Chat spam is against the rules and has been for some time
Chat spam has ALWAYS been against the rules. Nowhere have I read that end round chat spam has been against the rules. I'll hit you up privately to discuss.
(06-15-2020, 05:53 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Just a heads up. @Eagle  and @The_Kor  I know you guys have recently returned from extended hiatus from the server, however rules have changed quite a bit from the time you played. Chat spam is against the rules and has been for some time

I understand that, and that's why I'm trying to make a stand on the forums as opposed to doing something irrational because from my understanding the only way to change the rules is to make things heard on the forums. If I disagree, I will speak out against it, that's how I've always been and how I'll always be. I have nothing against Noire or the other staff, but want to make my stance clear as it seems that some people also agree.
(06-15-2020, 05:59 PM)The_Kor Wrote:
Chat spam has ALWAYS been against the rules. Nowhere have I read that end round chat spam has been against the rules. I'll hit you up privately to discuss.
4. Do Not Spam

Chat and mic spam are never allowed. Singing, yelling, voice changers, and excessive speaking are all mic spam. Arguments that prevent others from enjoying the game are also prohibited.

Nowhere in the rules does it state end round chat spam is acceptable. Spam is spam. Harmless? maybe, but can still be enforced. The rules don't have to specify whether it's not okay to spam at the end of the round.
former admin2
any other former admins wanna get on this? 

dude has 7 warnings its just a day ban just wait it out
(06-15-2020, 06:06 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: any other former admins wanna get on this? 

dude has 7 warnings its just a day ban just wait it out
I am former admin