Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pointshop 2: Under New Management
Queef has formally passed on the control of Pointshop 2 to the Dev Team. This includes but is not limited to: skins, crates, accessories, and balancing weapons. I'd like to take this time to thank him for all the work he's done on PS2 so far. Regardless of the heat between us, I do have to give credit where credit is due to the effort he put into it.

The Dev Team is currently divided between two projects: fixing Prop Hunt (by switching to EPH and making sure all the addons play nice) and PS2. The PH project is being worked on by others on the team and I'm just supervising it (mostly by acquiring the necessary files from Dink). For the time being, I will be assuming direct control of PS2 and working alongside the Admins to make sure everything's Kosher.

It's going to take me a little while to learn the ins and outs of PS2 and major content additions will wait until the newly retitled PAX WEST 2017 CONTENT UPDATE at the end of August (alongside new maps), so please hold all recommendations until that thread opens up. In the meantime, I'd like to solicit some immediate feedback for small things I can do. Note: I am only focusing on TTT for the time being. The first thing on the agenda will be removing the Corvo, Zelda, and Gordon Freeman skins for broken shitboxes. Next is tweaking weapons. This is the one I want to hear community input on. 
  • What weapons are imbalanced?
  • How are they imbalanced?
  • What would you like changed?
  • Do any guns need to have their clip size changed or have their spare magazines adjusted? (For example, the Vector currently has a 25-size magazine with 55 spare bullet maximum when it should have a 25-size magazine with 75 spare bullet maximum)
Please be mature and serious here. Saying "remove the shitguns" is not helping anyone.

It's going to take me a little while to tweak everything, so please indulge me as I learn the ropes. It's a work-in-progress and I will try to be as transparent as possible.
Decrease range on shotguns. I've once fired down a hall and while Blake was at the other end on of my stray bullets hit him in the head because fuck range and shit. Also some skins still have broken af legs, like the suit one( forget the name) where when you land your legs just collapse. Looks super dumb and broken.
[quote pid='9479' dateline='1490893113']
Mr_RippeQueef has formally passed on the control of Pointshop 2 to the Dev Team. This includes but is not limited to: skins, crates, accessories, and balancing weapons. I'd like to take this time to thank him for all the work he's done on PS2 so far. Regardless of the heat between us, I do have to give credit where credit is due to the effort he put into it.

The Dev Team is currently divided between two projects: fixing Prop Hunt (by switching to EPH and making sure all the addons play nice) and PS2. The PH project is being worked on by others on the team and I'm just supervising it (mostly by acquiring the necessary files from Dink). For the time being, I will be assuming direct control of PS2 and working alongside the Admins to make sure everything's Kosher.

It's going to take me a little while to learn the ins and outs of PS2 and major content additions will wait until the newly retitled PAX WEST 2017 CONTENT UPDATE at the end of August (alongside new maps), so please hold all recommendations until that thread opens up. In the meantime, I'd like to solicit some immediate feedback for small things I can do. Note: I am only focusing on TTT for the time being. The first thing on the agenda will be removing the Corvo, Zelda, and Gordon Freeman skins for broken shitboxes. Next is tweaking weapons. This is the one I want to hear community input on. 

• Do any guns need to have their clip size changed or have their spare magazines adjusted? (For example, the Vector currently has a 25-size magazine with 55 spare bullet maximum when it should have a 25-size magazine with 75 spare bullet maximum)

Please be mature and serious here. Saying "remove the shitguns" is not helping anyone.

It's going to take me a little while to tweak everything, so please indulge me as I learn the ropes. It's a work-in-progress and I will try to be as transparent as possible.

[/quote]

FTFY: I whined and complained until i got my way.
[Image: f627772371d944c8ffed70479a4e2165.jpg]
[Image: tenor.gif]
(03-30-2017, 11:58 AM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: It's going to take me a little while to learn the ins and outs of PS2 and major content additions will wait until the newly retitled PAX WEST 2017 CONTENT UPDATE at the end of August (alongside new maps), so please hold all recommendations until that thread opens up. In the meantime, I'd like to solicit some immediate feedback for small things I can do. Note: I am only focusing on TTT for the time being. The first thing on the agenda will be removing the Corvo, Zelda, and Gordon Freeman skins for broken shitboxes. Next is tweaking weapons. This is the one I want to hear community input on. 
I understand removing the broken playermodels but could you consider either giving a refund for those models or replacing them with a new model given to current owners? I have the Corvo and it's worth quite a bit. Kind of frustating when a lot of points are spent on something that is taken away.
Moderator on TTT

Ahhh Ref...

That was clean
(03-30-2017, 12:55 PM)City Wrote: I understand removing the broken playermodels but could you consider either giving a refund for those models or replacing them with a new model given to current owners? I have the Corvo and it's worth quite a bit. Kind of frustating when a lot of points are spent on something that is taken away.

Actually Im wondering the same thing since I bought the Zelda skin from the pointshop.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(03-30-2017, 01:12 PM)Avi Wrote:
(03-30-2017, 12:55 PM)City Wrote: I understand removing the broken playermodels but could you consider either giving a refund for those models or replacing them with a new model given to current owners? I have the Corvo and it's worth quite a bit. Kind of frustating when a lot of points are spent on something that is taken away.

Actually Im wondering the same thing since I bought the Zelda skin from the pointshop.

When I purge the skins, I'll give the appropriate refund to people.
yeah this doesn't really make much sense to me honestly, if you were handed control of this stuff so (i'm assuming) things could get done quicker because queef was busy or something, why do we have to wait all the way until the end of august which is 5+ months from now? that's a long time.

i understand that you have to learn how PS2 works and stuff but surely if you wanted things done faster it would have been easier to the let the guy who actually knows what he's doing handle things?

fix the ammo glitch on the silenced sniper btw
I've been working on PS2 on prophunt ever since I was admin. I've added flavor items, secret weapons, staff tools, remade crates and crate rarity and even purged uncategorized items and categories to increase server performance.
So if you need a look around the management tab and queef is pissed at you, PM me

As for PH weapons, i'll get back to you on the balance of things.
I see what you're saying @"the man what to eat that fruit" and your concern is fair. I may end up just sprinkling content here & there. The issue, especially when it comes to skins, is testing the shitboxes.

I also don't want to put ALL THE THINGS on the server, especially because it will increase front-end load time for new players. It's a balancing act that I want to make sure is done right. Again, this is a learning process for me.

What's the ammo glitch on the silent sniper?
as far as i know, if you run out of ammo with the silenced sniper, drop it and pick it back up again, you get full ammo, not sure if it still works but if it does you should fix it