Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
An Idea: Dink's Game Nights
Hey Gang, 

I did a spur of the moment idea to play Jackbox Party Pack games on the discord tonight, and it was a very successful event. We had a grand total of about 16 people watching and participating in the stream that lasted around 5 hours. Everyone had a good time and I felt like it was a really enjoyable moment for the community. It was a combination of people of all ranks and statuses in the community, ranging from Test Mods and people I know very well on TTT to people I've never met before. 

I'd really honestly like to make this a trend because it gives us a chance to take a break from being on Garry's Mod, and gives the opportunity to merge the community together. I plan to do more things in the future, such as playing Golf with Your Friends, the online Cards Against Humanity game, etc. At the end of the day, I always view playing games with people as a chance to just immerse myself into a mood to just have fun, and tonight's activity really helped me reinforce that mindset when approaching games. The games we play don't even have to be limited to PC; for example, we could even play games on the Switch like Smash, Mario Kart, etc. I'd be down to do things like that also. That's honestly one of the most beautiful things about the internet to me. We have this ability to connect with people so effortlessly and I believe that if it's used in the right way, we really can make positive change in the community; not that there's any negativity going on (at least that I'm aware of) but as I mentioned earlier, it gives us the opportunity to communicate with players that we usually don't run into while we play on Dink's servers.

At the end of the day, this is just an idea that I've been thinking about. Discord makes it really easy to set things like this up, with the ability to stream and have decent quality without having to pay for any of the special features. I just wanted to pitch this idea because it has very high potential as to what we can do with it.

With Love,
   saltychapdaddy
I think this capitalizes well of my suggestion of having some type of community event/night to bring people together. We had like close to 20 people there at the busiest time. Everyone seemed to have a blast... we had ex-players, current players, and some staff join in. I had a great time. We all spent like 5 hours playing and kept laughing the entire time. Got to know each other better and had a blast. We did this for a few nights in a different discord with less people and Salty wanted to do it on Dink's discord which turned out well. Great idea, great event, we should do this more often.
I remember the last time I hosted jackbox 6 and they all thought I fell asleep on my toilet.... push to talk has drawbacks sometimes

Real note, i do think about hosting bgo, jackbox 6, or skribblio sometimes but its a matter of knowing what you people are interested in playing, like town of Salem was something I thought we could play but yet to ask.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(07-07-2020, 12:30 AM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: I remember the last time I hosted jackbox 6 and they all thought I fell asleep on my toilet....
 Even though you didn't play, you watched the stream for a few minutes, which was very surprising to me. I know I've given you shit before on TTT, but in all seriousness, if you want to join in next time, feel free to do so! You're more than welcome to join in on the fun, and I really mean that.
(07-07-2020, 12:32 AM)saltychapdaddy Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 12:30 AM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: -snip-
Even YOU were there, watching the stream; that was an unexpected surprise! Even though you didn't play, you did watch the stream, which was very surprising to me. I know I've given you shit before on TTT but in all seriousness, if you want to join in next time, feel free to do so!
God help me if I have to host/play jb6 and get instantly labeled as an alien. I'm going to blue ball all of you by falling asleep at my laptop.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(07-07-2020, 12:34 AM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 12:32 AM)saltychapdaddy Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 12:30 AM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: -snip-
Even YOU were there, watching the stream; that was an unexpected surprise! Even though you didn't play, you did watch the stream, which was very surprising to me. I know I've given you shit before on TTT but in all seriousness, if you want to join in next time, feel free to do so!
God help me if I have to host/play jb6 and get instantly labeled as an alien. I'm going to blue ball all of you by falling asleep at my laptop.
I can do that just dont fall alseep on your toilet shitting again
Always down for these, but couldn't join the one today because I was moderating on server, maybe next time c:
Was there tonight (and the night before for a super secret game OO OO AA AA), was a ton of fun. Everyone seemed to have a blast, I know I did! I'd totally be down to do more Jackbox, Uno, CAH, or anything free/cheap and fun. I think getting

Worth mentioning: Push The Button off of Jackbox Party Pack 6 is always a riot, especially with a crowd that plays TTT; the mechanics, camaraderie, and bullshitting needed to win aren't too far off from our favorite GMod gamemode. Everyone should try this at least once, and I'd love to get more of Dink's in on the fun.
It was fun! Do this more often, but a little earlier please! :))
[Image: 0e7d9b52b0a8da003d3bf791934a67c3.gif]

[Image: ngt65CF.gif]
let's play ttt