Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it allowed to kill a proven if they "threaten" you
So, here is the scenario: there are a bunch of people in Fairy world on Dimmsdale. There are at least 5 people, 2 are near the portal, I am in the castle, one is on the rooftops , and one is on the ground. Myself and the one on the ground are proven by tester.
So the proven goes and picks up the wand, and then one of the two kills him in "self defense" despite the wand only being a teleport. Someone else goes to kill the "self defense" guy, and both people near the portal kill him. Then I kill them, and somehow I am in the wrong, because apparently the fact that they killed two people was not KOSable because they were acting in self-defense by killing a proven for having the wand, despite the fact that the wand is quite clearly not listed as a map-specific reason to KOS, and KOSing a proven is, in itself, KOSable, much less killing them.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Carrying the wand towards someone is KOSable, proven or otherwise. It is covered in the !motd.
Respect your elders
hey buddy

raven brought the wand towards me

the other guy shot me

i killed both

please outline for me where that isn't self defense
Yeah I am pretty sure you can’t kill someone for them going at people with the wand. I should know because I got slain for killing a person doing that same exact thing the other day.
Reasons to call a Kill-on-Sight(KOS):

The below lists of reasons to KOS and sus are for reference, and cover the most common issues. However, these are not complete lists and do not necessarily cover all edge cases. If anything comes up that is not covered by what is shown below, it is to be handled at staff discretion. Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay.
Killing Detectives, except when they are RDMing
Throwing incendiary grenades near non-kosed players
Entering traitor room while unproven
Calling a KOS on someone who is proven Innocent and not a Detective
Throwing discombobulators such that they can push people off ledges, causing damage
Prop killing
Causing damage by falling onto players
Damaging/Destroying/Rendering Useless a tester or detective equipment. This also applies to destructible map testers
Breaking a bridge with players on it such that it causes damage
Killing or injuring someone with explosive barrels
Holding explosive barrels near players
Activating map traps with the intent to kill someone
Having DNA of an Innocent or Detective on you 1
Knowingly walking past or failing to identify a reasonably visible unidentified body 2
Failing to respond to a live check in overtime 3
Entering a room that was validly claimed
T-baiting 4
Door Blocking 5
Keeping players grappled after a warning+ample time is given.
Trapping players with the shield gun after a warning+ample time is given.
Continuing to throw props at a player after a warning+ample time is given.
Door Spamming after a warning+ample time is given.
Damaging Innocents for a reason not stated above 6
Having a traitor item while unproven.This includes Secret Objective Knives on Maps applicable. You can find the full List of Traitor / Non Traitor Items here: Click Here
Following after 3 consecutive warnings 7
Knowingly contributing to the traitor objective on applicable objective maps.
Carrying any map-specific item that can damage or harm players, whether they be a T trap or prop weapon.

And the other important part:

Map Specific Reasons to KOS:

Rooftops 2016: Sticking the dynamite to the collapsible building.
School / Plaza: Locking players in the freezer
Bank: Putting the battery into the SWAT radio
Richland / Crummy Cradle: Activating the map traps
Dog: Firing the cannon

Note the fact that the wand is not listed as a map-specific reason to KOS, and it is just a teleport, not damaging, so it doesn't fall under the "carrying map specific items that can harm others" rule. Hell, the word "wand" isn't even mentioned in the rules.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(07-07-2020, 07:11 PM)Beskar Baron Wrote: Reasons to call a Kill-on-Sight(KOS):

The below lists of reasons to KOS and sus are for reference, and cover the most common issues. However, these are not complete lists and do not necessarily cover all edge cases. If anything comes up that is not covered by what is shown below, it is to be handled at staff discretion. Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay.
Killing Detectives, except when they are RDMing
Throwing incendiary grenades near non-kosed players
Entering traitor room while unproven
Calling a KOS on someone who is proven Innocent and not a Detective
Throwing discombobulators such that they can push people off ledges, causing damage
Prop killing
Causing damage by falling onto players
Damaging/Destroying/Rendering Useless a tester or detective equipment. This also applies to destructible map testers
Breaking a bridge with players on it such that it causes damage
Killing or injuring someone with explosive barrels
Holding explosive barrels near players
Activating map traps with the intent to kill someone
Having DNA of an Innocent or Detective on you 1
Knowingly walking past or failing to identify a reasonably visible unidentified body 2
Failing to respond to a live check in overtime 3
Entering a room that was validly claimed
T-baiting 4
Door Blocking 5
Keeping players grappled after a warning+ample time is given.
Trapping players with the shield gun after a warning+ample time is given.
Continuing to throw props at a player after a warning+ample time is given.
Door Spamming after a warning+ample time is given.
Damaging Innocents for a reason not stated above 6
Having a traitor item while unproven.This includes Secret Objective Knives on Maps applicable. You can find the full List of Traitor / Non Traitor Items here: Click Here
Following after 3 consecutive warnings 7
Knowingly contributing to the traitor objective on applicable objective maps.
Carrying any map-specific item that can damage or harm players, whether they be a T trap or prop weapon.

And the other important part:

Map Specific Reasons to KOS:

Rooftops 2016: Sticking the dynamite to the collapsible building.
School / Plaza: Locking players in the freezer
Bank: Putting the battery into the SWAT radio
Richland / Crummy Cradle: Activating the map traps
Dog: Firing the cannon

Note the fact that the wand is not listed as a map-specific reason to KOS, and it is just a teleport, not damaging, so it doesn't fall under the "carrying map specific items that can harm others" rule. Hell, the word "wand" isn't even mentioned in the rules.
U literally tp them to a cage they can't leave and can kill if a t actives the floors
[Image: J6yUs0g]
@Beskar Baron

“Carrying any map-specific item that can damage or harm players, whether they be a T trap or prop weapon.”

That’s the line you’re looking for.
Respect your elders
(07-07-2020, 07:11 PM)Beskar Baron Wrote: Note the fact that the wand is not listed as a map-specific reason to KOS, and it is just a teleport, not damaging, so it doesn't fall under the "carrying map specific items that can harm others" rule. Hell, the word "wand" isn't even mentioned in the rules.

Do you really need everything outlined for you? The wand, while not directly causing damage, harms a player by locking them away where a T can easily do away with them with the press of a button. The only way to escape is either by being a traitor and using the door in the back or if, by some miracle, an innocent actually listens to you and opens the cage.

Would you not shoot me if I kept coming at you with the wand?
While it does not damage them it still harms the player by trapping them indefinitely in a prison cell, carrying it near anyone or towards anyone is KOSable. In the first situation, Laced was acting out of self-defense because the player was carrying the wand (proven or not proven carrying it is KOS), then he also killed the other person in self-defense because they shot at him, and thus by shooting at him they initiated the allowing Laced to retaliate to defend himself.
[Image: ehzhie1yovv21.jpg]
So why did I get slained for it the other day then. People should make it clear that it is kosable because the wand really doesn’t harm people it just traps them. Trapping a person is not harming them. All a person needs to do is unlock the jail cell and they are out. Yes there is a t trap but that cannot be activated just by the wand alone.