Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TTT] Potential Server Changes: July
Hello everyone! It's about time I make another thread detailing the potential additions, removals, and other changes to be made with the server. All changes listed are live on the test server and will be thoroughly tested, but I do still appreciate any and all input. So to begin:

Map Changes:
This is the current list of maps in rotation. Some maps are to be removed and others replaced with new or returning maps. I'll largely leave it up to community decision what maps currently in rotation can/should be removed. As well as what maps you would all like to see replace the removed maps. 70 is probably a the max amount of maps to keep. I will update the lists below based on community suggestions and feedback.
Maps to remove/replace:
  1. Waterworld will likely be fully removed as the newest update to the map is causing bad frame issues for even high-end computers.
  2. MC Dolls will likely be replaced with the normal version of dolls. However this is something I would prefer the community decided.
  3. Dimmsdale will likely be replaced with the newer, updated version. However Dink wants to be sure the issue that seems to happen with newer maps where the server fails to switch to them is fixed before this can take place.
Potential maps to add:
  1. arghhh: This is a classic surrealist map by the fantastic Nipper. A large map that you probably shouldn't play while under the influence.
  2. ttt_bb_teenroom_b2: Another classic map that used to be on the server sometime ago. According to some veterans there was an issue with the map removing server roles however considering I can find nothing to validate this, it was likely a coincidence. Will look into it to ensure no issues do come up if this was to be re-added to rotation.
  3. Dolls: Everyone knows what this map is. This would replace MC Dolls if decided by the community.
  4. ttt_mehhh: Another classic surrealist Nipper map. Not as large or expansive as arghhh and is quite the fun map to play. 
  5. ttt_dimmsdale_v2: The new and improved version created by Hillrop. To replace the current dimmsdale at some point in the near future. 
  6. ttt_abyss: A fairly large and vertical map with lots of open space akin to rooftops. Very much a sniper map. A potential replacement for anything really. 
  7. ttt_clue_2018: An overhaul of the original clue map to make it larger and more expansive to help prevent C4 spam. This has always been on the maybe list due to its size. 
  8. ttt_chaser: A classic map removed from the server due to reasons I am not aware of. Requested by a player so I figured I'd add it here too.

Playermodel Changes:
I've been spending some time scouring the workshop and forum suggestions for new players. Adding new playermodels is always quite a challenge for TTT. Hitboxes are very important in any game based around shooting. Discussing with Dink, we've determined adding 2-3 new playermodels is likely a possibility. Here are some that are live on the test server and all should have TTT compatible hitboxes:
  1. Loki
  2. Fallout 3 Chinese Soldier
  3. Fallout: New Vegas Joshua Graham
  4. Snoop Dog
  5. Spaceman
  6. Deadpool
  7. John Cena
  8. Santa
  9. Doomguy
  10. Thanos
  11. Stonks
  12. Walter White

Other Changes:
  • Add the Trident as a new T item. The trident is much like our old harpoon. It can be picked up after being missed, leaves DNA, and doesn't go through walls.
  • Add the Barnacle as a new T item. A placable Half Life 2 barnacle that doesn't catch traitors but catches and damages innocents. Can be seen by other traitors as well and is rebuyable.

Please note that the playermodels do still need testing to ensure they are fair to play against. Let me know your thoughts and opinions below. Feel free to suggest additions or removals, especially for maps currently in rotation.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
please oh God fuck yes please bring back mehhh, It has and will forever be my favorite TTT map; i have its layout memorized like the back of my hand. +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
I actually remember playing on ttt chaser and ttt abyss. Think it was on another server. I think chaser had 3 or 2 floors but I don’t remember there ever being any major issues with it. I agree with you about abyss being a sniping map tbh. There are tons of rooms on that map however so it should be fine lol. Those player models look cool too so I can hope you will be able to add some of them. I also really hope the community wants classic dolls. So many memories of playing ttt on that map.
Nicol I am being dead honest when I say this.. I will venmo you 5 dollars to re-add the Dinkleberg v12 map please for the love of jesus
(07-09-2020, 04:20 PM)dong Wrote: Nicol I am being dead honest when I say this.. I will venmo you 5 dollars to re-add the Dinkleberg v12 map please for the love of jesus
Is that map that was blocky with grey buildings and a large fence?
(07-09-2020, 04:05 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Maps to remove/replace:
  1. Waterworld will likely be fully removed as the newest update to the map is causing bad frame issues for even high-end computers.
    Good, I've been calling for that trash map to be removed for 2 years.
  2. MC Dolls will likely be replaced with the normal version of dolls. However this is something I would prefer the community decided.
    Personally, I prefer normal Dolls.
  3. Dimmsdale will likely be replaced with the newer, updated version. However Dink wants to be sure the issue that seems to happen with newer maps where the server fails to switch to them is fixed before this can take place.
    yes, yes, and yes
Potential maps to add:
  1. arghhh: This is a classic surrealist map by the fantastic Nipper. A large map that you probably shouldn't play while under the influence.
    Jimbo and I tested this map back in 2018, honestly one of my favorite ttt maps.
  2. ttt_bb_teenroom_b2: Another classic map that used to be on the server sometime ago. According to some veterans there was an issue with the map removing server roles however considering I can find nothing to validate this, it was likely a coincidence. Will look into it to ensure no issues do come up if this was to be re-added to rotation.
    I got banned for bhop scripting on another server while playing on this map. +1
  3. Dolls: Everyone knows what this map is. This would replace MC Dolls if decided by the community.
    touched on above
  4. ttt_mehhh: Another classic surrealist Nipper map. Not as large or expansive as arghhh and is quite the fun map to play. 
    We used to have this map, only thing it needs is some boundaries to prevent exploiting and it'll be fine.
  5. ttt_dimmsdale_v2: The new and improved version created by Hillrop. To replace the current dimmsdale at some point in the near future. 
    also touched on above.
  6. ttt_abyss: A fairly large and vertical map with lots of open space akin to rooftops. Very much a sniper map. A potential replacement for anything really. 
    I dislike this one. Very open maps are just not my thing.
  7. ttt_clue_2018: An overhaul of the original clue map to make it larger and more expansive to help prevent C4 spam. This has always been on the maybe list due to its size. 
    Eh. It's okay.
  8. ttt_chaser: A classic map removed from the server due to reasons I am not aware of. Requested by a player so I figured I'd add it here too.
    I vaguely remember fps problems I had on another server with this map, but it may have just been the shitty content the server had.

response red
(07-09-2020, 04:22 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 04:20 PM)dong Wrote: Nicol I am being dead honest when I say this.. I will venmo you 5 dollars to re-add the Dinkleberg v12 map please for the love of jesus
Is that map that was blocky with grey buildings and a large fence?
yes
If the John Cena player model isnt invisible it isnt accurate and has failed in all aspects
Y'know this will be a time I'm appreciative. Thanks for the effort Nicol.  I've been wanting skins forever.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
A new suggestion as well for those who dearly miss the harpoon: The Trident

Straight from Minecraft, it functions nearly identically to our old harpoon except it no longer goes through walls. It shows up in the logs as well as leaves DNA. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]