Unban
In-game Name: Copyright_Claim

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:527170347

Banned By: Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart

Reason: consistent dmg trolling, borderline mass, and toxicity towards players

Length: 2 weeks

Reason to Unban: The "attempted mass rdm" was when I mistakenly held an fire grenade in my hand, rather than a smoke, and ran into a crowd. Only one time in the logs is a time I shot someone without reason, but the others were either kos or shot at me. As for my toxicity against players, I feel that most of the "toxicity" displayed were taken out of context from the actual situation and conversations happening in chat. Yes, its true that my vocabulary can be offensive to some, it is mostly for the sake of joking and kidding with people on the server that I mess around with often. If JesseTheUndeadCowboy and any others truly find my commentary offensive. They can ask me to stop and I will do so.

Ever Been Banned Before: No
Verified in the Eyes of The Baja Blast Messiah
[Image: DPHJrwT.png]
I asked you multiple times to not use slurs and you said you would not. You also said you would quit ttt if using the hard r was against the rules lol
-1, from what I've seen you say in chat logs, I think you should be banned for longer. Be glad it's only a 2 week ban.
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
(07-09-2020, 10:49 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I asked you multiple times to not use slurs and you said you would not. You also said you would quit ttt if using the hard r was against the rules lol

I don't remember saying I would quit if hard r was against the rules. That doesn't sound like me. But using slurs is just in the way I speak, part of my culture and who I am. Also the rules state that mods can deal with offensive slurs however they think necessary, but the slurs I use never offended anyone.

Also I really stopped using it in terms of "offending people". The only time I've used it within the past week is to commend people I thought were my friends on the server.
lol

The sun smiles at you with eternal malice
(07-09-2020, 11:10 PM)Thayr Wrote: lol

Those are completely scenario based. I don't believe its fair to use them against me, if not used against others as well.
i know me, dong, and nicol assisted you in making an unban request. but i think the ban duration is fair as is
this was the minimum sentence i believed was best for multiple factors.
1. cases of rdm were only attempted, also no proof of them being consistent via every round
2. case of borderline mass being minimum damage except to 2 out of the 4 people
3. this is your first official offense
4. there were notes from staff about previous issues with you repeating this but we have no evidence to be used against you now.
5. Nicol believed the ban should be 1-2 weeks, and i issued the ban to be 2 weeks for the severity of the evidence.

this ban is meant to serve as a warning that you are on the fence, and that if any more issues like this continue on after the ban is finished, a permaban will be issued next.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(07-09-2020, 11:19 PM)Brown Sugar Cinnamon Poptart Wrote: i know me, dong, and nicol assisted you in making an unban request. but i think the ban duration is fair as is
this was the minimum sentence i believed was best for multiple factors.
1. cases of rdm were only attempted, also no proof of them being consistent via every round
2. case of borderline mass being minimum damage except to 2 out of the 4 people
3. this is your first official offense
4. there were notes from staff about previous issues with you repeating this but we have no evidence to be used against you now.
5. Nicol believed the ban should be 1-2 weeks, and i issued the ban to be 2 weeks for the severity of the evidence.

this ban is meant to serve as a warning that you are on the fence, and that if any more issues like this continue on after the ban is finished, a permaban will be issued next.

My cousin flys in on the 12th and I was hoping to play some TTT with him soon. Are you sure theres nothing you can do
(07-09-2020, 10:56 PM)Copyright_claim Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 10:49 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I asked you multiple times to not use slurs and you said you would not. You also said you would quit ttt if using the hard r was against the rules lol

I don't remember saying I would quit if hard r was against the rules. That doesn't sound like me. But using slurs is just in the way I speak, part of my culture and who I am. Also the rules state that mods can deal with offensive slurs however they think necessary, but the slurs I use never offended anyone.

Also I really stopped using it in terms of "offending people". The only time I've used it within the past week is to commend people I thought were my friends on the server.
The way you speak is against server rules. You did say you would quit ttt the hard r is against the rules. I remember laughing about it and linking you to the server rules and then asking if you were quitting. If you do not agree with this servers rules play on another server that will let you speak how you want.
(07-09-2020, 11:28 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 10:56 PM)Copyright_claim Wrote:

The way you speak is against server rules. You did say you would quit ttt the hard r is against the rules. I remember laughing about it and linking you to the server rules and then asking if you were quitting. If you do not agree with this servers rules play on another server that will let you speak how you want.

I believe part of your argument, which isnt supported with evidence, Is biased based on the negative interactions you and I have had in the past. I read the server rules thoroughly, to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules. If the speech you speak of is supposed to break the rules, I suggest adding to the list.