Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Recent staff punishments
(07-14-2020, 08:24 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 08:22 PM)Scoovie Wrote: I mean he clearly wasn't hacking, if the staff were actually trained to tell the difference between hacking and being good they wouldn't have "wasted" their time.

A mistake I take full responsibility for and have since corrected by unbanning the account. As I said, not why he was punished.

Technically it was because "This kind of behavior strains the staff team because it puts a lot of their time and effort into watching someone that they shouldn't have to watch in the first place." 
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
The one thing that I'm most disappointed about is that experienced people reiterated multiple times how this account wasn't hacking. I fully believe that if it were a Regular or Donor, it wouldn't have been a question as to whether or not they were hacking. It's almost like I came back to staff to help the team out and give them different viewpoints that are more logical and rational. In the grand scheme of this particular scenario, the voices of reason were muffled out. I'm not going to really get into much more than that, but that's the general gist of how I feel. I think that in some ways both sides have flaws and overall I'm extremely upset.
Well I can kinda see the reasoning behind this. I still think a demotion is a little bit harsh, however I’m not staff and never really had any major experience with this sort of thing so I guess I can respect your decision on this. Since Noire can become mod again anyway in due time I guess that makes it a little bit better. This is just my opinion and I hope no one takes offense to this tbh. This just seemed like one of those bad situations where you had to make a tough choice.
(07-14-2020, 08:39 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: This just seemed like one of those bad situations where you had to make a tough choice.
I totally agree with this. Like I've stated multiple times, in no way am I trying to justify what I did and in no way do I blame anyone here for what happened. It's overall a bad situation that I don't exactly think should have been in the public eye like this. I respect the decision that Nicol made and as far as I am concerned, I see where he's coming from. Jack on the other hand, that's what I vehemently disagree with.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(07-14-2020, 08:34 PM)Noire Wrote: Ethan and other staff on continually told me to "Go ahead and hack.", "I know you're a hacker." or "Stop hacking."   Not only that, but I have access to staff chat. I can see the #hacking-watchlist. I have a brain and I know what's going on, staff need to at least try to be discreet. 

So staff are berating a guest/potential new player and tipping their hands that they know he's "hacking," and nothing is happening with these staff? When they clearly don't respect players.
Did Dink even ok this demotion? Like no offense Nicol you aren't co-owner you're admin
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(07-14-2020, 08:49 PM)happy Wrote: Did Dink even ok this demotion? Like no offense Nicol you aren't co-owner you're admin

Sorry but  no offense, Nicol is the closest thing to admin/co-owner this TTT server has. Dinkle doe's not play or involve himself in the community unless he is forced too. Nicol is currently the only active admin for  the server.

As far as the actual  situation, Really Noire shoulden't have messing around like this, as it's already hard enough to staff a server. Should he have been demoted? Probably not. A nice talking too? Definitely.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(07-14-2020, 09:03 PM)SNAK Wrote:
(07-14-2020, 08:49 PM)happy Wrote: Did Dink even ok this demotion? Like no offense Nicol you aren't co-owner you're admin

Sorry but  no offense, Nicol is the closest thing to admin/co-owner this TTT server has. Dinkle doe's not play or involve himself in the community unless he is forced too. Nicol is currently the only active admin for  the server.

As far as the actual  situation, Really Noire shoulden't have messing around like this, as it's already hard enough to staff a server. Should he have been demoted? Probably not. A nice talking too? Definitely.
Only dink can approve demotions, he literally has to ask him first before doing ANY of this.

Crazy cuz i don't remember noire being the only staff to do this. Crazy cuz i can think of another staff member that try harded on an alt and put in admin chat don't ss me cuz he saw me ss him(wasn't demoted or warned). Crazy that Co-owner is the only rank aside from owner that can promote and demote ranks(thus my comments purpose), crazy that nicole is making decisions like this on his own when the community wanted more opinions on major decisions the reason that committees were created, crazy that worst behavior have only resulted in warnings and no demotion have happened.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(07-14-2020, 09:09 PM)Scoovie Wrote:

Only dink can approve demotions, he literally has to ask him first before doing ANY of this.
Yeah, but think about it like this. Dink most likely has tons of stuff going on in his life at the moment. I don’t know the process for demotions but I think dink would probably need a sufficient amount of time to efficiently sign off a demotion to someone. In other words, I’m saying he need time to view and know the situation. I could be wrong but this is just what I think. Nicol is probably doing the best he can without Dinkleberg responses at the moment since he may be busy. Again I could be speaking out of turn and be complete wrong about this and I’m sorry if I am.