Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mana is Powermodding
Offender's Name: Mana

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:150858368

Offender's Rank: TMod

What They Did: General powermodding-- giving gags and warnings to people who were doing nothing. After a while, started gagging people over using the word 'maggot', being convinced that every person who used that word was trying to use a certain slur for gay people. However, most everyone in the server was confused on how or why this conclusion was being drawn. Soup even got gagged for making a growling noise for less than half a second in the mic, and it was jusfified by "I warned you not to do it". So what, if a mod tells you you can't make a noise just because they personally don't like it gives them justification for a gag? Seems childish to me. 

When They Did It: 4 - 6 PM EST

Potential Witnesses: Chilliam, Scrapz, Caddy, Soup, Ling Ling, Treyay

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/5X3JTOz

Other: I understand the proof I provided isn't exactly some "red-handed" evidence, but a moderator who operates with the mindset of "my way or the highway" isn't good for anyone. Anytime someone annoys him he uses his mod powers-- Chilliam and Treyay burped and they got gagged for it. I understand burping in the mic is annoying, but mod powers aren't to be used on people who annoy you. Someone who thinks the vague concept of "maggots" ever coming in conversation is always some dog-whistle for hating gay people should NOT be a moderator-- moderating a server takes thicker skin than that, in my opinion.
Can we stop skirting around the rules please? Also that isn’t the correct rank of mana.
Mana is a Moderator, as for the warnings we've made it clear as a team that we are going to stop the use of words close to any slurs. In almost every case I've seen it was to dance around the rules and to not talk about a "maggot," or anything else of the sort.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11866
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11806

staff are cracking down on things because of complaints like these popping up, i give you guys multiple warnings to stop and you all proceed regardless.
regarding the burping, its been happening way too much and we've been lenient up to this point and its either the same people doing it every time, or their friends following up with them.
i wouldn't be doing this in the first place if you guys weren't going to continue acting like monkeys
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(07-18-2020, 05:01 PM)dong Wrote: Mana is a Moderator, as for the warnings we've made it clear as a team that we are going to stop the use of words close to any slurs. In almost every case I've seen it was to dance around the rules and to not talk about a "maggot," or anything else of the sort.
Maybe in your case that was true, but you need to understand that not every word that rhymes with a slur is people trying to skip around the rules. Calling someone a maggot is a trope from military movies, and that's the sense it was being used in. How much is this server going to censor themselves for every troll? Because the word maggot isn't inherently bad, and hiding behind "thems the rulesss" is ridiculous when this clearly wasn't one of those cases.
Mana is a Moderator on the server.
As for the punishments he gave, I think they weren't unjustified. It's one thing to call someone a maggot and mean maggot but when you're (in plural) using multiple different variatons of -aggot a map earlier, you're trying pushing the staff to see how far you can get before it blows up in everyone's face. It's very immature and childish to continue to do this. As for the growling in the mic, that's up to staff discretion on whether or not it's micspam.

tl;dr
Saying maggot is not an issue, bending the rules is an issue.

But I wasn't there for what happened, so I can only give an objective opinon. I don't know context.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(07-18-2020, 05:02 PM)Mana Wrote: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11866
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=11806

staff are cracking down on things because of complaints like these popping up, i give you guys multiple warnings to stop and you all proceed regardless.
regarding the burping, its been happening way too much and we've been lenient up to this point and its either the same people doing it every time, or their friends following up with them.
Yeah-- slur rhyming aside, giving "warnings" and gagging players for behavior that personally annoys you is out of bounds of being a moderator. You don't get to moderate the social setting and how people wanna talk, you just make sure people aren't breaking rules. Don't be a mod if you can't handle being annoyed.

(07-18-2020, 04:59 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Can we stop skirting around the rules please? Also that isn’t the correct rank of mana.
Apologies about the rank-thing, I tried my best in my defense.

And it's not skirting around the rules, you were there Jesse. Not every instance of the word maggot is some person trying to slyly say a slur, it's a word people use.
Mana was out of control and got the whole server to hate him. Also, he slayed me for no reason.
Anyone can turn a narrative because you have the numbers. I always say, if you're going to report any staff member here, you better have some good footage because a screenshot is a one side story. Also the burping thing and any other mic spam of that kind is a no no. If you're asked not to do any other noise in the mic other then talking then don't, it's easy to follow the servers rules. I'm just seeing another group of players being butt hurt that the mod ruined y'all's type of fun. As for that maggot thing, I wasn't there so that situation could've been anything.
i witnessed a little bit of what happened and Mana wasent doing anything wrong from what i saw and for the maggot thing i mean he might have jumped the gun but its pretty often people try to loophole the rules, and abdel is right you want to make astaff abuse report you better have some solid evidence