Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unban request
Steam Name: Zanx

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:68903338

Who banned you: Abdel

Reason for ban: Hacking

Hey guys, I was just banned for hacking. I think it was because I found 2 pole props (garlic bred) and someone with wolf in the name, which I do agree was super sus to a spectator maybe? And I don't wanna cause any trouble or make myself more sus or go and pointing fingers or something. But I don't have a recording so this is just word against word. Since I DONT have any evidence I would suggest maybe talking to garlic bred or the other pole prop I found to see if it seemed sus to them? I'm really going out on a limb here since I have zero evidence to show for myself. If there's anything I can do to help prove innocence that would be great. I'll buy an unban if it comes to that. I really enjoy db prop hunt and I've just recently got back into garry's mod. I know the admin(Abdel) that banned me is on this forum, so if he sees this maybe we can talk about it or something? lol. I don't usually go on the forums either and I made an account specifically for this reason. But anyways, if there's anything I can do lmk. 

afterthought: I DO have vac bans on my steam account by the way, but those are for csgo and are GOD KNOWS how old. I was like 16 years old back then. I know that's not helping my case but I'd rather point those out sooner than later so I don't get "caught with my pants down". Thank you guys so much, and if I'm not unbanned that's fine, I don't wanna force anyone's hand here. Thank you  :D

~Zanx
use this format https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=8440
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(07-20-2020, 06:54 PM)happy Wrote: use this format https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=8440
Haha I completely forgot. I was in the middle of updating it when you posted that lol.
When it comes to hacking bans, you don't need to worry about providing evidence. Any evidence you provide couldn't be trusted in most cases anyways since it has to do with hacks. It is up to the staff members to judge evidence gathered and submitted before going through with a ban. Their evidence will be presented within the next day and it will be ruled upon by what they gathered.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I’ve just got into bed so I will review my evidence and get back to you tomorrow.
[Image: unknown.jpg]
(07-20-2020, 07:19 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: When it comes to hacking bans, you don't need to worry about providing evidence. Any evidence you provide couldn't be trusted in most cases anyways since it has to do with hacks. It is up to the staff members to judge evidence gathered and submitted before going through with a ban. Their evidence will be presented within the next day and it will be ruled upon by what they gathered.
Alright, that's good to know (I guess lmao) but if I DO get unbanned I'll probably record every time I play just in case. Rather some evidence than no evidence. Thank you for letting me know that thought :)

(07-20-2020, 07:22 PM)[pink] Pixie Soldier Wrote: I’ve just got into bed so I will review my evidence and get back to you tomorrow.

Tysm. You were fun to play with!
So here are my video's for the accused:

https://youtu.be/YIY97ripTtg (this is where the initial suspicion began, killing me in my spot where no other newbie hunters would find me. You decided to nade me and continue just shoot me then head straight to the last player which was even more suspicious of you.)

https://youtu.be/G_IyRXTu5ns (in this second video, you keep heading straight to props, I checked if you had friends and you didn't. Also excuse my parents in the video quarantine is stressful. I'm sure you'll say something like you noticed them, but the time frame between kills was very suspicious without you even stopping to check the surrounding areas. You also fail to check my light spot again to see if im up there but don't. I guess I'll let the video speak for itself.)

With no friends coming up, I decided to have a watch at you for a full round to see how you would perform. I thought you finding me was a stroke of luck and it seemed my suspicions were correct on you going straight to props, acting like you didn't know they weren't there and moved on.
The only suspicious kill i see here is on Chief running wolf. This guy ain't hacking if you ask me, at least with what we've got so far.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(07-20-2020, 07:35 PM)Abdel Wrote: So here are my video's for the accused:

https://youtu.be/YIY97ripTtg (this is where the initial suspicion began, killing me in my spot where no other newbie hunters would find me. You decided to nade me and continue just shoot me then head straight to the last player which was even more suspicious of you.)

https://youtu.be/G_IyRXTu5ns (in this second video, you keep heading straight to props, I checked if you had friends and you didn't. Also excuse my parents in the video quarantine is stressful. I'm sure you'll say something like you noticed them, but the time frame between kills was very suspicious without you even stopping to check the surrounding areas. You also fail to check my light spot again to see if im up there but don't. I guess I'll let the video speak for itself.)

With no friends coming up, I decided to have a watch at you for a full round to see how you would perform. I thought you finding me was a stroke of luck and it seemed my suspicions were correct on you going straight to props, acting like you didn't know they weren't there and moved on.
(preface: I'm walking through my thought process as I watch the video(s) and also just trying to explain where I can. I'm sorry if It's a bit messy because I have adhd)

I know about all the high up spots. I've been playing prophunt for a long while, and recently I've been waiting a bit to kill props (classic excuse I know) but for example spicy mustard was hiding behind a light prop which I thought itself was a player because I wasn't taking damage from it, but it turned out it wasn't so I moved on to some barrels near, and when I was messing with those I saw he was a sausage/crab/red thing behind the light prop I was messing with, so I picked up a newspaper and dropped it behind it killing him with prop damage. Hence at the beginning of the clip you see me saying "LMAO WTF" because I wasn't expecting to actually kill him with the newspaper. I saw you when I walked into the room heading into the big one, and I was looking up and saw the keyboard hanging of the edge (for some reason it's always been a favorite to hid on top of lights as a keyboard over the years in prop hunt) Next, when I went upstairs to the filing cabinet, that was because I was in there before (no way I can prove this) and there was just the one filing cabinet. The way I sometimes play rounds is by looking through all the rooms at the beginning of a round and then going back through looking for differences (kinda cringe to play like that ik). The bottle under the cart was me checking out the cart and it was getting stuck so I crouched down and there was the bottle, which I didn't actually see for a split second, but I can almost GUARANTEE there will be someone hiding under that cart 7/10 times, and that room is just a hotspot in general. Next is the bathroom with the washing machine which you can see me try to move with a towel roll to see if that would work (it obviously didn't lol) and the fact that the washing machine up against the wall was already kinda obvious there was a prop hiding behind because if you were a small prop that would be perfect for a can or in that case a paper towel, so I was just keeping in mind that the machine ~could~ have someone behind it. After checking out the alleyway for any extra signs or boxes etc. I headed back in the bathroom to see if anything changed, and voila there was a painting in there for some reason lmao (you can actually see me pause for a second typing about the painting being in there for some reason, but then deciding not to). And then there's the pioneer kill in the bush which speaks for itself, (I also walked on top of him in the beginning at 0:52 which I thought nothing of but when I went over it the second time I knew something was up. The chat exchange after was because yesterday we played together and we hid inside eachother as bottles and said that "if one of us dies both of us die" and it kinda became an inside joke that we're a "couple" {no homo}) (author's note: at 2:26 I thought your parents we're my gf's because she's mexican and that confused me for a second lol)  at 2:56 you can see me trying to figure out how tf a painting could get into the bathroom. After that me going outside was me looking for more high places because obviously that worked well when I killed you, and I saw the vent thingy. I grenaded up there because I didn't actually see anyone, but it was a safe bet since I couldn't take self damage from any props if it turned out it wasn't someone up there. With the pole, at the window, I thought the window could open so I went to try it out (if you were spectating me some other rounds I kept getting fooled by the fake doors/windows on this map, and I even thought the one that literally says "do not enter" on it was an openable door) then I just played with him a bit, because why not? It's just a game and I knew that it doesn't hurt to do a *little* bit of coffee rp on a ph server. (I just realized at 4:08 you can see me try to open another fake door lmfao. not even the same do not enter one I was talking about). Next, I go back to the bathroom to play in the mirror and I see the pole and that's the end of the story. This was a fun/good game on me and the LAST thing I expected was to get banned. I was doing pretty bad yesterday and I ragequit when It was the youturd map because I'm bad at prop. Conclusion: I was just having fun and mixing that with my years of ph experience and a dash of luck that's my story. If you have any questions or any clarifications I would be happy to oblige. I have no ill will against abdel and I'm glad he DID ban me because he had suspicions. A good moderator, ironic as in the background there's people talking shit about mods when there's one doing an actual good job. I plead not guilty and again, I will clarify anything I need to. :D
The evidence provided is very suspicious. I would call it hacking because I've seen people act that way before. Although they may not kill them immediately, it completely shows that they know where the props are.
At 1:00 in the second video they go straight into the bathroom and keep glancing at the prop on top of the toilet. However, they play dumb and just shuffle things around before leaving. At 2:00 they leave and go outside, hesitate near a bush, and shoot a prop instantly. After Pixie gets killed, they go straight for the window where a prop is hiding at. They play dumb again and mess with the prop by bringing a mug to them, etc before eventually killing them. Then, to finish the round, they go to the bathroom and kill the prop in the bathroom from the beginning of the round.
So, yes, I believe they were hacking and deserve to be banned for some time.
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611aefbf09e110e07fa9d...y.gif&ct=g]