Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Burb We Trust
Ingame Name: Burb

SteamID: Removed

Time Played: 150 hours last I checked.

When First Joined: “June 26th, 2020 @ 12:00AM” 

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I am available from around 1pm until 2am EST. I play for about one to two hours at a time, but always can check discord if needed.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular/Donor 

What can you do to help the community: 
Currently: I’m a donor (yay!) so I spend a lot of time trying to keep chat clear of racism/sexism/slurs. Outside of this, I record a LOT of gametime, usually after a first warning to make sure things don’t escalate. If things do escalate then I post it on youtube and make a nice little ban request (only had to do that 2 times so far). I try to stay on top of these problems and if needed ping staff on discord for problems I cannot resolve myself.

As Trusted: I would have access to a few more commands. For maps like springbreak and minecraft, players can get stuck pretty frequently, so bring or tp would be helpful. As per murder rules, some of the punishments involve slaying, which I currently cannot do. And lastly, stopsounds...specifically for when people spam on the lego map. But obviously these commands are situational, but I’m just mentioning when it’s helpful to have access to those commands.

Why you want to help the community: I really love playing Murder, and I want other members in the community to enjoy playing it too. I took a long break from Gmod once Repulse Gaming (RIP) dissolved, and after finding a new community, I want to see it grow. We have a lot of players who enjoy playing on our servers, but I know they used to get frustrated with the trolls/micspam/rdm that happened before we started gaining more active staff. I don’t think it’s harmful to add additional staff, especially if newcomers see that we actively enforce rules. I just don’t want players to be bullied off because they are constantly rdm’d with popcorn, harassed for being a girl/younger kid, or unable to murder someone/kill the murderer because they are using hacks. 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): Nope!

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): Nope!

How did you find us?: My friends and I were talking about Murder, and I hadn’t played for a few years so I went looking to see if there are still Murder communities out there and made my home in this one. 

Other: Here’s my gametracker: https://www.gametracker.com/player/Burb/74.91.112.89:27015/
While the last 7 days I have been fairly active, when you go to 30 days I was away for a week. I do not typically leave for a week, but obviously if I have things coming up where I’ll have limited availability, I’ll just discuss that with other staff. I don’t think that would affect my app too much, but I’m also not trying to hide the awkward ‘one week, no time’ thing. Outside of that occurrence, I have been playing regularly for almost 2 months now. 

//This was a lot longer than it needed to be, whoops.//
Yes yes yes! +1! Always very helpful! Always helping me when I'm on server with large group of trolls and is great at handling high tension situations! Always level headed and knows when to ping for help!
Burb has always helped me when I needed it! She is very kind and follows and enforces all the rules. She always watches the murder server to make sure that everyone is following the rules. She should 100% be in trusted! Definitely a 1+ from me!
+1 all the way, burb is amazing on server and knows the rules really well.
Honestly Burb,
I occasionally play Murder, but when you're on, you're always helping people when they are asking questions and are consistently nice to people in game. From what I've seen from you on discord, I also think you're a level-headed individual who is capable of approaching situations without letting emotions get in the way.
This is a +1 from me for sure. Best of luck on your application. 
I don't know you that well, but you seem to get along with everyone pretty well, follow the rules, and help out when you can. You also meet the requirements to become staff.

+0 and possibly changing it to +1 if I get to know you better before the staff application is accepted or denied.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
Finally! 

It's a huge +1 from me. 
You are extremely helpful, you know the rules and enforce them fairly. 

I never saw you abusing your donor powers or breaking the server's rules.

You are so friendly and nice to people (new and regulars), so I have a suspicion that many people stay only because of you. You are like a magnet for new players :D
It is always a pleasure to play with you! 

I believe you will make a wonderful staff!
+1 good bean, helpful, and i think server could benefit from having her as staff
[Image: J6yUs0g]
In Burb I trust