Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KaptainLes's Trusted Application
Ingame Name: KaptainLes

SteamID:  STEAM_0:1:68242605

Time Played: 65hrs

When First Joined: JUNE 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone):  I play most days a week after work from 4pm to 9pm AEST, so like 2am to 6am EST during the week. And random hours over the weekend.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Master

What can you do to help the community: As i live in another country with a complete different timezone I can be the staff presence for those later hours when most of the american staff are asleep. I have a couple of years of Staff experience under me and are competent in ULX, Handling RDM reports and Handling Difficult Players.

Why you want to help the community:  In the 65hrs i have played there has been roughly 10-25 people on but barely any staff on the server. People constantly complain about being RDMed. I know i don't  have the required hours yet but I want to be able to help the community as a member of staff so no player a bad experience, whether it be brand new players learning the ropes, or long term members of the community just trying to have a fun time with friends.

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts):  N/A

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link Relevant Posts): N/A

How did you find us?: My last long term sever shut down so I was Just randomly looking for a GMOD server to play. The people here are super friendly so i decided to stick around even tho my ping is terrible on an american Server.
Did you fill out the required scenario questions for rank you are applying for?  Yes
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
I very much enjoy playing with you on the server. You come across as extremely professional, you follow the rules, and with a couple more weeks of activity, you'd be perfect for trusted. The only downside is your hours.

Playing with high ping is near unbearable sometimes, which can make actually playing the game difficult, so I'm glad you believe this community is worth it. This should definitely be taken into account along with your ULX/RDM Manager knowledge.

Best of luck
[Image: WYrY1SK.png]
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=8467
^^^^^^
You don't have 100+ hours, you've got little interaction with the community on the forums meaning no ban requests or introduction. I have seen you on the Discord which is at least something instead of nothing. Would suggest around 150 to 200 hrs for a trusted app, get your hours up and engage with the community. Until then -1, good luck on your application regardless

[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Hey dude, thanks for showing interest in becoming staff. I dont think I've ever seen you on the server, so I am going to remain neutral. What I would say is try to make some ban requests and become more active on discord and the forums. Good luck to you!
Hey Kaptain you're a joy to play with whenever your on but imma have to stay neutral due to the fact that its Ideal to have 100+ hours and minimal engagement with the community so improve in that and I will cya the next time you hop on! Cya Soon!
I'm very new to Dinks but KaptainLes is one of the names i've played with quite a bit recently. He's cool and committed to the rules and seems to know them well. My first ban request was really started by him, I just happened to leave the server first (and thus submitted the initial thread). Plus he seems to be on when there aren't enough mods.

+1 if my opinion is worth anything (albiet i'm new to the forums)
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
You're a good guy in game and I've never seen any issues from you but I'd like to see more activity from you in the discord, forums, as well as in game. I am a +0 on this. I think you have potential to be a good staff member, however I have not seen enough from you to convince that you're ready at this time. I think a few more weeks of activity would change my mind.
KaptainLes,

I personally have not played with you on TTT but, I have never heard a bad thing about you and thats good. That tells me that you have great potential to be staff and I am very happy that you are applying and that you want to be more engaged within the community.

Here are two things I believe you should work on: Forum Activity and More Playtime

I see that you just recently made your forum account you should take some time to familiarize yourself with how to make ban requests and begin some community engagement. This will help build your reputation with us. Playtime is also important. You should meet the 100 hour requirement before applying for staff.

I am going to -1 this but, please apply again and take some time to become engaged with the community.

Best of luck
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Like it has already been said by others, you don't meet the requirements (100+ hours), aswell as gametracker saying you were first seen in the middle of July, meaning you have only been a part of the server for a little over a month.

That being said, from the time's I have played with you you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and are interested in helping, which are always a nice change of pace to see.

I'll say -1 for now, but if you choose to reapply again, the things that would change my vote personally to a +1 would be:
  • More community involvement (discord and forums)
  • Ban requests (shows competency in collecting evidence and a need for staff during the time slots that you play in)
  • More time in game
This application has been denied due to the activity. However I hope this does not discourage you. Another month of consistent activity and I see no reason you wouldn't be fit for trusted. You may reapply in one month from the day you posted this app.
[Image: b_560x95.png]