Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Understanding
I actually understand now how people can get burnt out in this game. I just had to deal with a situation that almost pushed me to the breaking point. I just want to say to all this staff members or players who got burnt out of Garrys mod. I would like to say I now understand how you did sort of. It really does take a toll on you sometimes. I ain’t leaving so don’t worry. It’s just that trying to help a server that you love to play on can really take a toll it seems. Especially due to players who don’t care or just want to cause trouble.
Love you Jesse you're honestly a joy to have around server and the community
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(09-01-2020, 06:33 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I actually understand now how people can get burnt out in this game. I just had to deal with a situation that almost pushed me to the breaking point. I just want to say to all this staff members who got burnt out of Garrys mod. I would like to say I now understand how you did sort of. It really does take a toll on you sometimes. I ain’t leaving so don’t worry. It’s just that trying to help a server that you love to play on can really take a toll it seems. Especially due to players who don’t care or just want to cause trouble.
I feel it
[Image: giphy.gif]
Heya, my DMs are always open if you need a chat, buddy. Sorry to hear you're getting burnt out, that tends to happen around here a lot.

:thinking:
Jesse, 

Thank you for everything you do for the server while the staff isn't there. We've lost a lot of people due to burnout and I'm glad you arent another one to begin to leave. If you need to talk lemme know. You and I have had conversations before about the roughness and trolling that can occur and I don't wanna see you leave.

Love ya man! <3
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
For me it tends to be that real life takes priority. I love playing and I love hanging out with you guys but sometimes its stress on top of my real life which I dont need more of. Like rn I have very little staffing while trying to not catch covid while dealing with already angsty customers and entitled Karen's that make my work so stressful I just can't bring myself to get on a server in my free time to deal with basically the same thing.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
(09-01-2020, 06:47 PM)malphite the adc slapper Wrote: Heya, my DMs are always open if you need a chat, buddy. Sorry to hear you're getting burnt out, that tends to happen around here a lot.

:thinking:

laced is a great guy

disregarding that, yeah i got burnt out. really took a toll on my mental health, wasn't really worth it. don't push yourself over edge if you ever need a break jesse.
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
important to realize that sometimes you need to play something else or else you'll always end up getting burnt out or even worse: like only playing black ops 3 and breaking 6 controllers over the idiots that play that game 

find a good single player game to play and relax, or some non-competitive game you can play with friends || rogue-likes such as Risk of Rain 2 or Enter the Gungeon have great replayability and coop functionality 

(especially when TTT is just an outdated multiplayer game that simulates an xbox 360 call of duty lobby)
Game burnout happens, no matter what you play. The best way to combat this is to either play a different game inbetween sessions, or just take a straight up break. One of my go-to get away games is Sea of Thieves. It's very calming.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
Why does this dumb video game have so many dumb people that exist for the sole purpose of making other people feel dumb emotions?
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide