(09-03-2020, 05:28 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I see prop being thrown i headshot
Headshots require aim sir.

And we all know you are lacking in that department derp
hit boxes are fun
[Image: OGC.83a4f535e160188cc3ef3e7914124591?pid...n%2fbGQ%3d]
O̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
(09-04-2020, 02:37 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 05:28 PM)Foxka oops Wrote: I see prop being thrown i headshot
Yeah until someone decides to report you since they didn’t throw the prop at a killable velocity and you get slained for that. That has happened to me before.
Any velocity that can cause damage is fair game bröther
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
[[possible]] solution to your problem jesse: find a way to make a death scene be generated for every death and follow the same rules as normal death scenes ( such as the time constraint and showing all other players, etc. ), so then even if a propkill isn't caught in logs to where it can be reportable immediately, then you can still check your own death scene and find out who did it [[don't know anything about this games code or how if this would even be possible with the engine and available tools, so mind my ignorance]]
and i still don't see the issue with recording demos, especially if the reasoning as to why it can be annoying to use is because by the time that you've loaded up the demo, it is too late, but isn't the whole point of this thread originally because people want to slay people because they killed them with a prop and they can't properly determine who did it because of the way propkilling and kill-credit are determined?

tl;dr possible implementation of generating a death scene for EVERY DEATH ("gravity", kill bind, etc.) ; if you want them slain then get them slain lol
(09-05-2020, 12:15 AM)grasse Wrote: [[possible]] solution to your problem jesse: find a way to make a death scene be generated for every death and follow the same rules as normal death scenes ( such as the time constraint and showing all other players, etc. )

I'm pretty sure you get a death scene for any death that shows up in the logs, not just player kills (right?)
no, death scenes don't show up in logs for every single player death @"Stress Queen"
(09-05-2020, 12:15 AM)grasse Wrote: [[possible]] solution to your problem jesse: find a way to make a death scene be generated for every death and follow the same rules as normal death scenes ( such as the time constraint and showing all other players, etc. ), so then even if a propkill isn't caught in logs to where it can be reportable immediately, then you can still check your own death scene and find out who did it [[don't know anything about this games code or how if this would even be possible with the engine and available tools, so mind my ignorance]]
and i still don't see the issue with recording demos, especially if the reasoning as to why it can be annoying to use is because by the time that you've loaded up the demo, it is too late, but isn't the whole point of this thread originally because people want to slay people because they killed them with a prop and they can't properly determine who did it because of the way propkilling and kill-credit are determined?

tl;dr possible implementation of generating a death scene for EVERY DEATH ("gravity", kill bind, etc.) ; if you want them slain then get them slain lol
Yeah but I don’t know if that is possible since I don’t know much about coding. I’m pretty sure Nicol knows about coding though. Hey @Nicol Bolas, do you know if it would be possible to make it so every death scene shows up in logs? If so do you think you might be able to do it? That would be amazing if you could. Hopefully you don’t mind me alerting you to this but if you do mind sorry about that then.
I honestly don't know. Pretty sure the RDM manager is what generates the deathscenes and the devs of the manager are gone.

We don't really have any dedicated coders within the community and even if we did I don't know how easy that could even be

I know about lua shit but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know even where to begin with that
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(09-05-2020, 12:05 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: I honestly don't know. Pretty sure the RDM manager is what generates the deathscenes and the devs of the manager are gone.

We don't really have any dedicated coders within the community and even if we did I don't know how easy that could even be

I know about lua shit but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know even where to begin with that
Ah. Thanks for responding then anyway. I guess we might just have to wait to find some coders then sometime. Who knows, someone might pop up in the future.