Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
im putting this here because theres no section for actual forum unbans
Let me make it clear for the people that don't want to read the rest of the thread.

Yes, I know I shitpost a lot.

Yes, I know how shitposting works.

and yes, I'm glad you've seen my shitposts.

I'm appealing because I believe the situation that got me banned was not handled correctly due to that thread being an obvious shitpost (at least, judging by the comments on the OP's last two staff apps) and nothing was done about said shitpost. It was handled as a normal staff app, which I believe it shouldn't have.
but actually im not voting. laced is one of my best friends so im clearly gonna want him unbanned. i dont really know if what he did should or should not have constituted in a ban but i really think shitposting that doesnt really hurt someone or the topic of a thread and is just to make a joke shouldnt be seen as something horrible

there are my thoughts say as you will
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(09-19-2020, 08:14 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: -snip-
Alright. I can respect this answer then. It did at least clear up some questions on my end at least and I appreciate that. I still feel though a month ban for shitposting is overkill, but if y’all stick with that decision then I guess I can understand it.
I'm going with a big ol' 0 too because very clear bias. The only thing I have, is he very clearly seemed to believe it was a shitpost, so his intent isn't in line with the ban, he just intended to shitpost on a shitpost, not shitpost on a serious post, in that instance. Of course you can't prove intent, but it definitely seems genuine. Mans has the most rep and the second most interactions on the forums, clearly he says some things that the community needs to hear at points, so the length I'm not sure of. That's all I've got.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(09-19-2020, 08:14 PM)Sarcasm Guaranteed Wrote: Before banning you, I talked to Dong and Nicol before proceeding with a specific ban length. The shitpost that got you banned specifically was on a staff application. That is generally the one place where you for sure should not shitpost. If a staff application is seen as a shitpost, it is then removed. I do not believe that the application was a shitpost, I believe the kid actually wanted staff and his ban was to a length where he may not have even noticed it. Everyone was taking it seriously, giving critiques, things the kid had done wrong. Yes, the application was bad and there was no way the kid was getting staff however you came in and made up a complete mocking shitpost on the thread.

If you don't believe that app was a shitpost, then you didn't read the OP's last two apps where it came out that he was a huge troll and just wanted to fuck with people. What everyone else was doing doesn't matter to me.

Upon seeing the post the other admins and I agreed on banning you for a month, it's just the matter that I banned you because I was already there. I was informed that you had been possibly temp banned in the past from the forums and that you always had a warning level to certain point around 40%-60%. My number of warnings on accounts and punishments have gone down from when matt and others originally resigned because individuals who like to shitpost decided to take that opportunity to see what they could get away with so I was monitoring more threads. Nicol was busy at this time and both Titan and Dong were very new to the staff team so I was letting them learn how to be admins for their respective servers before having them have to worry about anything on the forums. Now, I pretty much do not watch TTT threads and just keep an eye on important threads for PH, Murder, and sometimes DR. I realize that I dished out multiple warnings instead of deleting posts. For threads, I generally just moved them. The reason why I just dished out warnings and warning levels on accounts is because a majority of the people shitposting or posting comments that could easily be perceived as shitposting, were long time members of the community. Community members who already knew what should be or should not be okay on the forums. The last couple of months, I have calmed down on the amount of warnings I give out. I am not targetting anyone specifically, I warn people I do not know very well like you or Foxka and friends like MissPauling.

I was never temp banned in the past on the forums. The only other two times my forum account was in a "banned" state were during my community ban, and when dong(?) set my status to "banned" as a joke. I know you didn't target me, because you aren't that kind of person. As for the comment about my forum warning level, it's only gone to 40-60 percent in the past two months, so that statement is completely wrong and whoever told you that is a dirty liar. The rest of that paragraph doesn't really matter to me.

I realize it is only a gaming server, but that does not make shitposting everywhere possible okay. Some people are trying to have actual discussions some times or are going over important issues. We have given people plenty of places to shitpost on the forums and discord with an actual subforum set aside for shitposting, the shoutbox, and probably more than a couple of the channels in discord. Things like important discussion threads, staff applications, ban and unban requests and abuse reports are not places for shitposting. I realize you guys and gals are trying to have fun. It is why I have lessened the amount of warnings given out. I think what did not help was the individuals that left when they did.

I don't shitpost "everywhere possible" and neither does anybody else, to my knowledge. A subforum for shitposting is great and all, but a shitpost isn't a shitpost if the entire topic is shitposting. What a paradox, huh? "Things like important discussion threads, staff applications, ban and unban requests and abuse reports are not places for shitposting." I agree, which is why the only shitpost to my knowledge that fit into that category was on a shitpost. Imagine that! Kinda wish I could see the content in my posts that were deleted.

They were not small people but moreso pillars of the community. Nuru, Matt, and Avi were all terrible people to lose in this community don't warn me for shitposting but we misread this line so hard in discord and we couldn't stop laughing and we should not have lost them. Them leaving, which I understand in no way am I blaming them, has left me as the most senior not dead upper staff member with the longest staffing experience. Add that with some real life events and I was definitely on edge there for a bit. I may have judged a couple of people harshly but I stand by my choice to have you banned for a month. You did shitpost on a staff application of a BAD contender but that does not give you permission to shitpost on said thread. You have been constantly shitposting on the forums and I discussed the ban with Dong and Nicol before executing.

Bad contender, yes. Troll (as said in his previous apps), yes. I think that whole situation boils down to a lack of situational awareness. For the umpteenth time, I don't disagree with the ban reason whatsoever. I disagree with the circumstances that preceded my ban. That's all. You can ban me forever for the next shitpost that grazes the forums for all I care.

red
so uh, why hasn't this been closed if the case has been resolved?
secondly, lol.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(09-19-2020, 09:22 PM)Noire Wrote: so uh, why hasn't this been closed if the case has been resolved?
secondly, lol.
Probably because everyone went to bed most likely. It will probably will be closed the next day. Hopefully no one had any problem with me voicing my opinion on the matter and I’m sorry if they did.
Because it’s an appeal and not a debate? There hasn’t been a clear cut yes or no
(09-19-2020, 09:22 PM)Noire Wrote: so uh, why hasn't this been closed if the case has been resolved?
secondly, lol.

Because all the admins didn't vote on it?
The applicant known as Depression was serious with each application.  They're young and do not understand our process when an application has been denied, he believed there was only a short wait period of maybe 15 days to reapply. 

I personally have spoken with the applicant several times and they have expressed a desire to join the staff team. Yes there's been issues with him, but we've seen many bad eggs turn good. 

From an outsider's perspective it could seem like a shitposter, but it wasn't so here we are.

I'd put this scenario into reading the room