Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Fruity Staff: The Sequel
Ingame Name: §bKiwi The Fruit, [teal]Kiwi The Fruit, Dr. Kiwi

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:119612279

Time Played: 177 hours.

When First Joined: April 10, 2020

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): I'm usually on at any time, but I most frequently play during night time (9:00pm CST-4:00am CST) or before noon if I'm not at work or school (11:00am CST-2:00pm CST)

Rank Desired: Trusted.

Current Rank: Donor/ Regular.

What can you do to help the community?: For one, I don't really have a life haha. I have school and work and that's basically it. If I'm not doing one of those two things, I'm probably online, interacting and playing on this server. So, I'm usually around whenever staff would be needed. Not much has changed in the fact that I like rules, I like to follow them, and I think they should be enforced. I feel I can be both a friendly face, and an assertive member of the staff team.

Why do you want to help the community?: This community has changed me in such a positive way, and there are people from this community who I see as some of my closest friends. I want to work to make it better and more fun for those who just want to play games and don't want to worry about cheaters or trolls. All I ever want is for everyone to have a nice, fun, enjoyable time playing the video games they want. I've wanted to be staff the minute I joined, and my view has not changed, despite what others have said. I really want this because I want to help.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No, I have not (unless Sarcasm fake banning me counts)

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Trusted (Denied)

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes, I use Streamlabs OBS.

How did you find us?: I hadn't opened Gmod in like two years, then Covid and quarantine came about, and I found myself giving it another go. I found this server, and I've been hooked ever since.

Other: So, I've been thinking about this a lot. I stared at this for a looong time before I posted it haha. It's been quite a few months since my first application, and I feel like I've changed and matured as a person. Many things in the time since my last app have changed and developed me into a totally different human being compared to who I was a few months ago. I was immature, I admit that. But I truly think I've grown, both as a person and as a player in the community. I know this is kind of sappy, but I needed to get out my feelings. I hope others have seen the same change I have, or at least acknowledge how hard I've been working to prove myself as a good, reputable member of Dinkleberg's Gmod.
[Image: image0_2.jpg]
I will +1 this staff app you have showed that you want to help the staff team and know the rules well. All I need to say is when staff are online you need to allow them to do their jobs but other than that I don't have any issues with you joining the staff team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
+1
Although I've been on dinkleburg server for a small time, I feel like she'd be a great addition to the their team. As I am a friend, I can still speak objectively. You're an honest and relaxed person, but you can be serious when you need to be, especially when it comes time to crack down on some wildly outta place people. Whenever somethings up you're usually on it, pinging staff and telling them whats up. Plus dinks got really laid back people, one more would be even better. For what it's worth I say give her a shot, I feel like she can do well.
+1
I feel like you would become an amazing staff member you know the rules, you know how to handle everything when there's no staff on and when you can't handle it you contact staff as soon as you can but I have a feeling that you would do great as a helpful fruity staff and I wish you the best of luck Kiwi!
Resigned Ph Trusted March 11th 2019 - February 12th 2020
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.”

― Jess C. Scott
+0

You've grown from the time of your previous application.  I feel you're on the right path and I'm not opposed to you getting staff I'm just not at the point of a definite +1. 

I also feel that some of the issues that have happened may get resolved when you're more integrated with the staff team. 

Good luck tiny fruit
Hey kiwi, thanks for applying

I want to start by saying that I'm going to remain neutral because of me going inactive and because I'm biased towards my vote. I do want to go ahead and state what I've seen in the most recent time I've spent with you on and seen off.

You have gain a consistent time on server as well as being able to ping any available person to get on. You've shown growth from the past few months and have even shown that you care about the community. There has been a few hiccups here and there but this isn't an application for tmod and mod, it's for trusted the starter position. You know the basics and the way we do things on server. You got the potential to grow with the team and improve from any hiccups you've probably made from the last application.

Now don't get discouraged along the way, I know you've done your best, and I also know that you could do better with the tools that a staff member has. While I can keep seeing that growth on server right now, I know that you'll be a great addition in times where staff aren't on and when they are. Good luck kiwi.
As Voss has stated in his comment, compared to when you last applied I have seen quite a bit of improvement from you.

In the past you were swift to acquire an attitude when it came to how staff handled situations not as fast to your liking or you were quick to jump at players for breaking various rules even though there were already staff online. But between your last application and now, I have seen your improve yourself and your behaviors in the server based upon the feedback you have acquired on your last application. As Abdel stated, yes there has been a hiccup here and there, but you have shown you are willing to put in the effort to work on yourself and I believe you will do well as a trusted as you learn and grow as a staff member.

You're eager to help out the community and you're willing to learn how to do so. When a situation arises that requires staff to be online, you are typically the first person to alert staff of what is happening. You are also well versed of the rules of the server and the procedures that follow them.
+1 from me, Good luck Kiwi!
+0

I will get straight to the point here. Kiwi this response is not based from your last application so I'm not going based off of it keep this in mind.

I have seen you improve with most things which is really nice to see you take from what we said last time and improved in most areas. You have been active and for the most part you don’t overstep the staff so much anymore. I personally feel like you are heading in the right direction but there was a hiccup that had happened a month ago that I think it should be brought up. There was an incident where me and another staff member came on and there was some players who started to troll over the mic. Myself and the other staff member had been gagging some players on server who were causing trouble. After a few minutes out of nowhere you ungagged everyone. This shows you had time to think what was happening and you acted on it which makes it worse. Within that time you could have used the admin chat if you were confused and we would have explained to you. When I asked you why you did that your response was that you got confused as to what was happening since it got so hectic within seconds. After being talked to and instead of communicating with us I feel as though you got more frustrated and you left. From last time this has been brought up by a few staff members that when we bring a conversation up to you like that you just leave instead of dealing with it, this is something that keeps me from from giving you a +1. That situation only proves to me you can’t handle situations while being overwhelmed. I would like to see you communicate with us better and if you see that staff are on that’s when you let them take over.

This is for a Trusted role and I do see some things can be improved if you become a Trusted but unfortunately I don’t feel that you are ready still I’m sorry.
[Image: aa1c5749601c5b5dd13c7abef4f49ced.gif]
Okay this incident, I was the other PH staff online at this incident.
I want to clarify and fill in some gaps as to what is missing in this. The day it happened, Banana and I were in the staff lounge alongside some TTT staff. Jack and Dong are really the main two I can remember off the top of my head being there. The whole "Myself and the other staff member had been gagging some players on server who were causing trouble." is false. There was only two individuals who got gagged because they kept harassing the TTT staff instead of bringing it to the forums, (Paul durst STEAM_0:0:94063646) and The Bug Man Cometh(STEAM_0:1:150427264), to which I gagged them.

This all occurred in July (07/30) to be exact, but that gagging of the two individuals above occurred AFTER Kiwi ungagged all of the joke gags that was happening as Banana and the TTT staff were all joke gagging/muting each other out of fun as the server was pretty quiet and empty. Kiwi did the !ungag command while both parties were undoing all of the joke commands, to which she did apologize over voice chat in game over the confusion. While I do agree that Kiwi should of asked what was going on instead of jumping right to the !ungag command, holding such a minor mistake that occurred nearly two months ago such as ungagging a joke gag that people were already working on undoing does not seem appropriate.
The point I was trying to make here no matter if it was a month or two months ago it still happened. Dong , Jack ,Titan, Noire and few others were there during this. Yes they were trolling for jokes but that was still trolling and it started getting out of hand and I wasn't going to excuse them for it. I'm not holding this against her at all I just dont feel comfortable enough for her to take this step yet. This is my opinion and as I have talked with other staff members about this and some agree and others disagree its how things work. I feel like Kiwi like I said is heading in the right direction, I am leaning towards a +1 but im staying with a +0 due to some things she needs to work on still NOT due to what happened a few months ago. You misunderstood why i give her a +0. There will be a video I will send to Fish about this, My comment wasnt suppose to be a big deal I just voiced my opinion. If Kiwi wants to come to me to talk about this im more then happy to talk with her.
[Image: aa1c5749601c5b5dd13c7abef4f49ced.gif]