Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vape Spam
Not really sure if this is abuse or not but I have questions that I would like answered.  I was on Deathrun today and I really like your guy's server.  I donated $30 for some premium points so that I could get a vape from the crates.  I opened a ton of them in order to get one since they are rare.  Once I finally got the one I wanted I started to use it.  I did "spam" it but so does everyone else and no one complained.  The "test mod" snicks came in and said that vape spam is against the rules.  So I checked the rules and there is no mention of vapes at all.  If spamming the vape noise is against the rules then why isn't there a cool down on it?  You could also just add a way to mute other peoples vapes.  What is even considered vape spam?  One vape noise every 30 seconds? 10 seconds? 5 seconds?  At the end of the day I just don't understand how a server can say "thanks for your $30 bucks, fuck you though you cant use the item you got".  I host servers too and its sad to see anyone get treated like this after supporting the server. Dodgy
Spamming the vape on deathrun is against the rules? I can understand why though. It would be annoying to have someone vaping in your face constantly. Not to mention my computer is bad so when I look directly at a vape smoke in front of me sometimes I lag.
30 people can run around with jump packs fogging up the whole map without issue, but spamming the vape is against the rules? :/
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(09-28-2020, 04:19 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: 30 people can run around with jump packs fogging up the whole map without issue, but spamming the vape is against the rules? :/
Jump packs aren't on DR and I'm pretty sure there isn't a cooldown on the noise the certain vapes make
[Image: J6yUs0g]
i mean its true its so annoying, but just because you spent money dosent mean you get any special pass man
(09-28-2020, 04:16 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Spamming the vape on deathrun is against the rules? I can understand why though. It would be annoying to have someone vaping in your face constantly. Not to mention my computer is bad so when I look directly at a vape smoke in front of me sometimes I lag.
Its actually only the vape noise that's banned I guess.  But thats kinda why the vapes are fun in the first place right?

(09-28-2020, 04:24 PM)Bonnie Wrote: i mean its true its so annoying, but just because you spent money dosent mean you get any special pass man
I agree but there is nothing in the rules that talk about "vape noise spam".  If there was a rule that says "no vape noise spam" then this wouldn't be an issue.
>5. Do not Mic spam or chat spam.

Making noises into the mic, singing, repeating the same phrase over and over again are some examples of mic / chat spam. Just because it wasn't listed here doesn't mean it's not mic spam

So anyways, spamming vapes is an issue because of the sound effect. It's pretty obnoxious to spam it and I think that's why it falls under mic spam. You can still use the vape and everything though. I don't see how this is staff abuse considering you were warned not to. The rules do say that if it's not listed here it doesn't mean it's not mic spam.
I see where you're coming from on there not being a rule specific to Vape spam. 

The closest rule/Guideline I would associate it with is Mic spam which is mentioned as follows:

Mic/chat spam is the act of producing irritable or bothersome noises into your mic or spamming the chat. 

Examples:
- Screaming, excessive singing, whistling, humming, excessive loud speaking, pressing x where people can your game audio repeatedly, repeatedly telling somebody to do something, playing music into a mic, repeating a word/phrase into the chat box, repeating a word/phrase using !p or @, repeating sexual words/phrases, excessive laughing, excessively doing voice impressions, using a voice changer, and using another language to cheat or say inappropriate things

It's not against the rules to use your Vape, I would just be considerate of others as it is annoying to hear things like "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" or "VAPE NATION" every 2 seconds. 

So let's make this simple, don't spam it. You can use it but don't abuse it. 

No there's not going to be cool down added at this time because that's coding things and we have more important things to fix than Vape noises.
please follow the proper format found here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...hp?tid=138
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
(09-28-2020, 04:36 PM)Burb Wrote: >5. Do not Mic spam or chat spam.

Making noises into the mic, singing, repeating the same phrase over and over again are some examples of mic / chat spam. Just because it wasn't listed here doesn't mean it's not mic spam

So anyways, spamming vapes is an issue because of the sound effect. It's pretty obnoxious to spam it and I think that's why it falls under mic spam. You can still use the vape and everything though. I don't see how this is staff abuse considering you were warned not to. The rules do say that if it's not listed here it doesn't mean it's not mic spam.
Sounds like a cop-out to me but sure.  If you guys really don't want the vapes spammed then remove them from your server until you get it working to a point that its no longer spammable. Add cool down, remove the sound altogether or add a mute for them.

(09-28-2020, 04:36 PM)The Triangle Wrote: I see where you're coming from on there not being a rule specific to Vape spam. 

The closest rule/Guideline I would associate it with is Mic spam which is mentioned as follows:

Mic/chat spam is the act of producing irritable or bothersome noises into your mic or spamming the chat. 

Examples:
- Screaming, excessive singing, whistling, humming, excessive loud speaking, pressing x where people can your game audio repeatedly, repeatedly telling somebody to do something, playing music into a mic, repeating a word/phrase into the chat box, repeating a word/phrase using !p or @, repeating sexual words/phrases, excessive laughing, excessively doing voice impressions, using a voice changer, and using another language to cheat or say inappropriate things

It's not against the rules to use your Vape, I would just be considerate of others as it is annoying to hear things like "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" or "VAPE NATION" every 2 seconds. 

So let's make this simple, don't spam it. You can use it but don't abuse it. 

No there's not going to be cool down added at this time because that's coding things and we have more important things to fix than Vape noises.
I get ya.  If people were complaining about it on the server then I would understand a little better.  However I don't think anyone on the server is really annoyed with it.  I've never heard anyone complain so I assume its fun for all.  But if that's the rules then that's the rules.  All I ask is that they are reconsidered :)

Offender's Name: Snicks

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:164589783

Offender's Rank: Test Mod

What They Did: Told me spamming vape noises is against the rules even though its not in the rules.

When They Did It: 9/28/2020

Potential Witnesses: GH0STBUST3R5 (hes a member)

Proof: ?? go look at the chat log?

Other: dumb rule plz remove.