shayes unban request
Ingame Name:  Shaye<3 Loves Stuppidy

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:94159295

Who Banned You:  Dong

Reason For Ban: Abuse of donor/toxicity

Length of Ban: 1w

Reason for Admins to Unban: 
Ok, as for the donor abuse, i literally remember exactly what i've done today and i'm going to go through it, i muted "Kizzy" for saying the f word, i muted a player named Hello, for scream breathing into his mic "Gag Me", I unmuted myself 2 minutes after i was already ungagged by Prince Nicky, however nobody ever unmuted me. I can't recall other usernames of people i did gag/mute but the only reason i did so was for either racial slurs, or homophobia, which I was under the impression this was okay, especially if staff were alive/ and or busy. As for the toxicity i'm not even sure how this is a factor in my ban people are constantly negative to each other and see no reprucussions at all, Players like Bg ALA, Jesse, are constantly harassed by other players, and never met with any real consequences.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 1 Day 

Other: I genuinely love this server, i know i come on a little strong, but all the people i've added up on discord and met in the short time i've been here it's been really enjoyable, I was genuinely trying to be better then i was the previous day, which i can admit i was wrong then, but I personally believe not now, only reason i made a thread was dong said i could so yolo.
Sorry but according to you I'm asab so I vote -1 for reduction.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
As for the donor abuse I feel like a conversation and a warn, then stripping power if it didn't stop would've been a healthier approach if he was doing things to warrant punishing. Though from what I had been around for today and what I remember him doing with the commands there was only one instance that I remember thinking that maybe he should tone it down but can't think of what it was specifically. If it were me involved with making a decision concerning if Shaye should've been banned, donor abuse shouldn't be involved in the ban whatsoever and handled separately.

Now as far as toxicity, I have to admit I'm confused myself. Tbh there is quite a bit of behavior that I'm not super fond of from alot of people on the server, doesn't mean I don't like them or that I think they are toxic. Honestly I've just assumed that this is how this server operates. I haven't been playing on this server regularly like I have been lately for very long, a large chunk of my play time has been bursts of playing a couple of weeks here or there over years. I've just assumed you all were loose on stuff and a little rough around the edges in general. Shaye's behavior at his worst is no worse than just daily life on the server from the last couple of months that I consider myself a "regular".

A little mutual respect goes a long way, people are more than just they're idiot selves on a ttt server. I've been upfront to Shaye and respectfully asked him to not say something to me just a couple of days ago, he instantly apologized and kindly promised to not do it again. +1 Shaye is intense but he's a good noodle.
I agree with BuzZ I feel like Shaye pushes the envelope occasionally but doesn't do any worse shenanigans than half of the regulars or donors on the server. I was on the server at the time but wasn't completely paying attention to Voice so maybe I missed some things. But I would definitely +1 a reduction if admins are ademant about keeping the ban. Shaye's reasons to gag people seem justified. Good Noodle +1
I don't think personal feelings should be involved for -1ing someone it feels unprofessional especially over a joke.

Anyways I never really see shaye abuse his donor rank like at all. He's usually abides by the rules when I see him on except for the occasional rdm of myself which idc about. I say +1 for a reduction.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
I'm going to compile everything into imgur albums in the morning, but Shaye received a warning via dms saying that if the abuse of power continued the rank would be stripped. This ban isn't solely for abuse though, as you can see "toxicity" is also included. A one week ban was issued following the day ban because it takes time for the rank to be removed. Those bans are usually permanent length until the rank is removed, but this one is one week including the toxicity.

And no, toxicity is not tolerated, whether or not staff with ban perms have been punishing for that is a different subject for a different day. Would also like to add that just because you don't see something happen doesn't mean that it isn't an occurrence.

Admins can also see what you delete, so I'm not quite sure why you'd comment ASAB knowing that it is an issue that staff are facing.
[quote="⋆ Fx ⋆" pid='94616' dateline='1601359277']
I don't think personal feelings should be involved for -1ing someone it feels unprofessional especially over a joke.

exactly what fx says, only reason i have ever said asab is because other people did it, i see it as a joke, and not a serious offensive thing, and yea i removed it because it was pointless
Shaye is not a "troll" he's loud, crass and gay af. Toxicity is tolerated can confirm. Definitely a reduction +1 (I like pretending I know what I'm doing).

If Shaye is toxic then so is a majority of the server (because of wishy-washy admins jeje). Which staff jokes openly about but does nothing to change this. Then when people say this is an everyday thing we are dismissed. Assuming the role of antagonizer to avoid being victimized... classic. I'm new so I can't know who's who and why some people are allowed to behave however they want. The amount of admin discretion is annoying. Admins behave differently everyday there is no consistency and it's frustrating. Honestly I don't understand why admins aren't stricter. Everyone is asking for equal punishment. Instead of being admins they would rather tell us to find a different server? I like this server and the some of the people who play. I'm already attached which is why I'm posting. p.s. shit posts in important topics? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Battons wants to take Laced's title. """"""""joke"""""""""
I was on with you last night before you got the ban, and I can confirm you were helping out and gagging/muting people when they deserved it. I had no issue with the gags and mutes as they are normally valid, my problem is you tend to take things into your own hands to often and UNGAG and UNMUTE players when staff have just issued a punishment.

An example of this is last night when I gagged chill for putting his mic into his mouth and speaking very loudly ( ear rape ) and shortly after I gagged him you ungagged him, I believe I messaged you about this at the time. (This is just 1 example I am sure Sir Dong will post more when he is available).

This is a not a thing you should be using donor powers for regardless of whether you think the gags were justified or not. Helping staff as a donor is one thing but over ruling their judgement is an entirely different situation and a big issue.

As for the toxicity I don't play with you enough to comment on it but when I do I rarely have an issue with you, my main concern are the ungags and unmutes. 

I am cactus.
[Image: j3I5q8.jpg]
(09-29-2020, 02:37 AM)stuppidy #FreeWify Wrote: The amount of admin discretion is annoying. Admins behave differently everyday there is no consistency and it's frustrating. Honestly I don't understand why admins aren't stricter. Everyone is asking for equal punishment. Instead of being admins they would rather tell us to find a different server?
Different thread for a different time but I feel I should address some of these things.
Staff discretion is in place because people try to slide past the rules, very similar to exploiting, simply because something isn't directly stated, I agree there is a bit too much but I just work with what I'm given. I try to be stricter and punish equally but every time I do a great many of you in this very thread scream asab and harass the hell out of us. Take killbot for example. Sorry for derailing but I feel very strongly about this asab "joke" to the point its become a way to harass the staff. I'm not a robot who manages a server I'm a person with emotions and hardships just like you all sitting at my computer desk trying to play a game. 
Anyways shaye joins this train too much and has even straight up yelled at me especially during the killbot fiasco so I dont want someone back who's just gonna keep disrespecting me and my peers. I want him to serve his time and hopefully learn from it.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]