Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think an appropriate teaming rule should be?
TTT is already full of gray areas, I think it's pretty unhealthy to have to have rules that are broadly and loosely defined with severe punishments. Teaming is also a gray term in TTT to begin with, it means different things for different servers for different people for different situations. Personally I don't consider any of the examples given in the guidelines (especially the first 2) as inherently teaming, I consider them "game throwing" at their core in most situations, not teaming. Which for the most part is minimally disruptive and on par more with consensual rdm and relatively a small or non issue until it's excessive.

My biggest issue is with this particular example and think it needs to go or be rewritten to reflect more specific harmful scenarios: "Innocent players refusing to kill a completely obvious traitor that has done many traitorous things in front of them and is ignoring it. This is teaming." It's way too broad and undefined for what I feel like the intention of having it is trying to prevent. There's a big difference between an entertaining goofy interaction of looking the other way and 2 or more malicious trolls coming in and being the last ones not killing each other holding the round hostage. Both situations could be severely punished exactly the same but the crime is hardly the same.

My opinion is that the healthiest and most appropriate implementation of teaming rules when it comes to severe punishments is in a clearly defined way to combat blatantly malicious gameplay that would "technically" otherwise not have a fitting punishment, 2 or more people blatantly teaming up and killing indiscriminately regardless of roles but not quite rdming enough individually to be considered mass for example.

Also I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out yet but neither the rules or the staff guidelines say anything about giving out T items to innos, unless I overlooked it. I feel like another thing worth considering is copying what is in the staff guidelines regarding teaming over to the rules page or at least have it better reflected of what's there. I usually think a smaller and more condensed rules/motd is better but players should not have to read the staff handbook to know what they can be severely punished for.
First of all why would defibbing an innocent player be a rule breaking offense? That makes no sense, I see people defibbing innocent players just to kill them as a joke all the time. Explain to me how that would even be remotely teaming? Second off what happens if a T defibs the wrong body and defibs a innocent player? Is that person now breaking the rules? Third off defibbing an innocent player doesn't mean you are teaming at all, at the end of the day the T still has to kill that player to win the round. If a T decides to defib an innocent player that they don't know to use them as bait or as an extra kill, that should be completely fine. Lastly why would anyone even allow not allowing a innocent player into the T room as a rule? That makes no logical sense, what if you are letting them in there to trap them / kill them? What if you are letting the innocent player in the T room to distract him so you can win the round easier?

"Innocent players refusing to kill a completely obvious traitor that has done many traitorous things in front of them and is ignoring it. This is teaming." This is extremely subjective and happens to people all the time unknowingly. You're telling me that if a player is not observing another player constantly while they are in view and kills another player and you do nothing you get banned? Wtf? I don't know about you guys but I play TTT to relax, not to sit there taking notes with a pen and paper on other players. Lastly I personally won't kill someone doing " t related" things off the bat unless I know for sure. Every single time I play there are over 5 people baiting at a single time and when I kill them after seeing them do something suspicious they are innocent. Then they report me, I get in trouble, and now I have to take a slay. All of these rules I talked about need to be revised, it's all gray area rules and was worded in such way because whoever made those rules didn't have the time to state specifics. Which is a issue because if you are punishing players you better be sure everything is in check on your end.