Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you think an appropriate teaming rule should be?
oh shit are we ready to revise the teaming rules now? I've actually spent some time before trying to devise a better guideline for teaming punishments, as I think they don't currently reflect the community. So I'll try to re-spark this conversation. I'd love any input on these ideas thx.

[Rule Concept] Severe Teaming

This is currently how the TTT Rules pages describes Teaming:
TEAMING EXAMPLES 
  • Innocent players refusing to kill a completely obvious traitor that has done many traitorous things in front of them and is ignoring it. This is teaming.
  • Defibbing innos as a T. This is teaming.
  • Purposely letting innos in the T room, this is a form of teaming and is slayable. If they continue after a slay/warning, then a more severe punishment can be issued like a ban. Please make sure you have no doubts that they purposely let innos into a T Room if you are enforcing this.
In my opinion, these examples should be considered moderate teaming, as most players games will not be heavily affected by these incidents. The rules currently kind of gloss over a type of teaming that is seen occasionally especially late at night, or on weekends, which is.

Two or more players, either staying in one room, or staying within close proximity to each other, that are knowingly not on the same team, and assisting in one or the other’s kills.

To explain this more thoroughly, let’s say you’re playing on Gamer Park, and there’s a group of three people in the traitor tester room. There’s only one entrance into that room, and you  open the door to walk in, and get gunned down by a traitor, you then go into spectator, and notice that the other two people in the room are innocents, these players are also shooting with the traitor at whoever walks in. You record this to gather evidence as “Severe Teaming” you have a screenshot of the damage logs that shows Player A, Player B, and Player C, all have damage dealt involving 3+ kills. If we enact a severe teaming rule, these three players will all be banned with larger punishments than just regular teaming/RDM , as they all helped in commiting the same RDMs through shared damage or assistance.

The reason I think we need a rule for severe teaming is that I think one could argue that this could only fall under a 2 week ban through normal teaming, however, this can negatively impact people's games as much as a regular mass RDM, which is a perma, so should we punish it as such?

I think with a harsher rule for harsher teaming we could punish more malicious players easier. (We see more malicious teaming like this during times when gmod is on sale or late at night or during weekends.)

This new rule would allow us to make a different punishment guide for teaming that is less malicious.

heres an example of what this new guide could look like: https://gyazo.com/acad12880141bc19a60cf9d8dee02e91

I think smaller offences of teaming should be less harsh (defibing an inno), and more severe offences of teaming should be more harsh (helping a player commit mass RDM.)
I think it’s important to consider when we remember the fact that three simple RDMs will result in a player being banned indefinitely. Ghosters also get banned permanently because they ruin the integrity of the game, so how about we define what actually malicious teaming is because I believe a certain type ruins the integrity of the game as much as ghosting or mass.
To answer Nicky's thread more directly: I think the punishment for teaming is too broad as it stands right now, as it doesn’t leave much room for discretion under the staff team’s own judgement. Adding moderate teaming would streamline how we ban groups of troublemakers, and provide lenience for those that accidentally or jokingly bend the rules. We can keep the current teaming rules as they stand right now, but classify them as "moderate teaming with smaller punishments (and use staff discretion.) and add a severe teaming that punishes people that deliberately team to get more kills and ruin the game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you think an appropriate teaming rule should be? - by two rats kissing - 01-29-2021, 12:24 PM