Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update donor guidelines
This is going to be a brief post from me, for once. 

Noticed several donor abuse threads today

-https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=12831
-https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/showthread.php?tid=12829

In both of these situations, a donor was gagged/muted by another donor. A staff member did not mute/gag the donor in question.

Here are the current donor guidelines - https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...php?tid=38

Current donor guidelines do not address these situations - where a donor ungags/unmutes themselves when gagged/muted by another donor. I would assume that the donor being punished believes that they have just as much of a right to ungag/unmute themselves as did the donor who did the gagging/muting. Not the correct result, of course, because they are presumably being punished for actually doing something wrong.

To allow for a more clear cut answer on future donor abuse threads, I'd recommend an update to the donor guidelines to address this type of situation. 

I'm all in favor of simplicity, but sometimes you might literally need to spell things out. 

Also donor guidelines should be updated to directly state that donors aren't permitted to ungag/unmute when punished by staff.
Yeah the guidelines haven't been touched since I've been here. Likely time for an update. This is a multi-server guideline so I'd need to discuss with the council of 5, or whatever we're called.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(10-18-2020, 11:37 PM)Nicol Wrote: Yeah the guidelines haven't been touched since I've been here. Likely time for an update. This is a multi-server guideline so I'd need to discuss with the council of 5, or whatever we're called.

Council of 5... hold on Since WHEN were Dr and Murder Admins involved into that club, they didn't use to be when i was here  Dodgy  

But yes time for update
(10-19-2020, 12:46 AM)Gabe Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 11:37 PM)Nicol Wrote: Yeah the guidelines haven't been touched since I've been here. Likely time for an update. This is a multi-server guideline so I'd need to discuss with the council of 5, or whatever we're called.

Council of 5... hold on Since WHEN were Dr and Murder Admins involved into that club, they didn't use to be when i was here  Dodgy  

But yes time for update
Toxic
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
We don't need to update the rules and guidelines every time some idiot breaks the rules, people just need to use their heads a little bit more than they currently do.
Expecting people to ACTUALLY read the guidelines is a stretch; therefore, even if we went through with "revisions," it's not really going to do much.
(10-19-2020, 08:28 AM)Salty Wrote: Expecting people to ACTUALLY read the guidelines is a stretch; therefore, even if we went through with "revisions," it's not really going to do much.
(10-19-2020, 04:28 AM)dirty shitposter Wrote: We don't need to update the rules and guidelines every time some idiot breaks the rules, people just need to use their heads a little bit more than they currently do.

Trust me, I agree with y'all. I don't really expect the donors to ACTUALLY read the guidelines, nor do I think everything should HAVE to be spelt out to people. But alas, people will not use their heads.

Therefore, I'm really only proposing this simple fix to, as we would say in law school, put people on "constructive notice" of the donor expectations. If it's written in the guidelines, then we can just slap a link to the guidelines as soon as someone violates them and is reported on the forums in a ban request or donor abuse thread. Makes the cases very simplified because the donor page instructs people to read the guidelines when donating. If people choose not to and then not comply with them, then they are proceeding at their own risk.

Terms
Constructive Notice: the legal fiction that signifies that a person should have known, as a reasonable person (the reasonable person who reads the donor guidelines before donating) would have, even if they have no actual knowledge of it.
Curiosity question, are we able to send new donors a link to the guidelines? I had to find them myself via the search bar in forums, and I doubt the majority of donors will undergo that effort. I didn't see any reference to guidelines in the donor site, but I could have missed it.
No idea how to implement it, but just an idea. Maybe a single line in the MOTD?

I have seen a few instances of donors unmuting themselves after staff muted them, mostly from players who I hadn't seen before. It's not just the two posted.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(10-19-2020, 10:26 AM)Jammin Wrote: Curiosity question, are we able to send new donors a link to the guidelines? I had to find them myself via the search bar in forums, and I doubt the majority of donors will undergo that effort. I didn't see any reference to guidelines in the donor site, but I could have missed it.
No idea how to implement it, but just an idea. Maybe a single line in the MOTD?

I have seen a few instances of donors unmuting themselves after staff muted them, mostly from players who I hadn't seen before. It's not just the two posted.
The donor guidelines SHOULD be linked to them when they are on the paying page to buy Donor.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
There is actually not a lot of detail in those donor guidelines. There are separate guidelines for PH donors which are more detailed. Maybe some of that could be copied across!?
[Image: unknown.jpg]