Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Requiem for a Better AWP
It's a one hit kill weapon that allows you to kill someone with one shot anywhere on their body. It should be difficult to use - scoping in to use and losing a view of your surroundings, slow reload, etc. I use the AWP personally and I consider myself to be a decently skilled player. I haven't noticed any changes with it over the years that I've played on the server. I don't have any issues with it and find it to be a reasonably balanced weapon. I would be against any changes to it.
How about we do a bit of give and take. We allow no-scopes to be available so you can hip fire it but, we change how the ammo works and makes you reload after each shot. This will prevent shooting back to back shots and will act as a recharge for the weapon.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(11-10-2020, 09:24 AM)NotRand Wrote: It is how it is to deter people from using it you silly goose
why put something in the game if you dont want people to use it!!  :@ :@

(11-10-2020, 10:21 AM)bryanbrr Wrote: How about we do a bit of give and take. We allow no-scopes to be available so you can hip fire it but, we change how the ammo works and makes you reload after each shot. This will prevent shooting back to back shots and will act as a recharge for the weapon.
I honestly think it should be a one-shot one bullet no scope-able weapon. One chance to hit your shot, no regulations.
So,

A long time ago on my old server we use to have a version of the AWP that only had 1 shot, but would create an autolock box on an enemy as long as you were aiming in the general area. While this is obviously even more OP then what we have, I think the single shot aspect is a nice balance as you can only take down one person with it. Not sure if there is any interest in this, and I think the AWP we have now is fine, but just a suggestion!
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
(11-10-2020, 10:12 AM)Happy Wrote:
(11-10-2020, 09:24 AM)NotRand Wrote: It is how it is to deter people from using it you silly goose
Now if only we could deter people from using the knife
I mean, you don't even try hard at that.  You just yell whenever i t happens which makes me want to knife you even more c:

And I think it's pretty much fine as is. I think you should definitely have to scope in.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Awp literally reminds me of this explosive rifle from this one game I used to play because of how op and loud it is. Except you know without the explosion part, I think the awp is fine as it is tbh but wouldn’t it be cool if the awp just blew up a playermodel after being shot, you know like the body bomb does? I mean the explosion from it probably shouldn’t damage anyone since the awp is op enough. Sorry to derail a little bit there but that was just one idea I was thinking of for a while. Probably would be nearly impossible to implement but eh. It’s just a dream I guess lol. Also I don’t think you should be able to noscope people with the awp since again it is one shot. I use the awp anyway just not as much mainly because it’s one hit and too easy sometimes since I just shoot at their chest if I can’t aim for their head. That’s just my opinion though.
(11-10-2020, 10:29 AM)two rats kissing Wrote: I honestly think it should be a one-shot one bullet no scope-able weapon. One chance to hit your shot, no regulations.
I'm okay with this change. It requires more skill than a knife so I +1.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Just make the knife a two tap to weapon and buff the AWP so it not a slow t weapon
If we make it a noscope weapon then it's getting m24 noscope accuracy, no exceptions
(11-10-2020, 11:00 AM)Jordanian Sniper Wrote: If we make it a noscope weapon then it's getting m24 noscope accuracy, no exceptions
I don’t even think that would do any good since it’s one hit kill no matter where your shoot on the body/playermodel so it might not matter if the accuracy is like the m24. So yeah if you changed the awp you would most likely have to make it not a one hit kill anymore since the changes that would benefit the awp it would most likely be hard to not be killed by it if that makes any sense.