Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VR capability
Is there any way that you could add you know VR capability to the TTT server hell I'll even donate you know a reasonable amount to have that add-on added on and all that
I've seen vr ttt on youtube. It looked pretty cool. No idea how that would be implemented here though.
Completely off topic, but fun fact, gmod has integrated Xbox Kinect support
I can’t bhop in vr without projectile vomiting
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
Isn't that a different game?
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(11-17-2020, 11:05 AM)Happy Wrote: Isn't that a different game?
Yes and no
most people who play ttt in vr use pavlov but there is a vr mod for gmod that works with multiplayer
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(11-17-2020, 02:16 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Completely off topic, but fun fact, gmod has integrated Xbox Kinect support
No wonder everybody sounds like ass
(11-17-2020, 01:13 AM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I've seen vr ttt on youtube. It looked pretty cool. No idea how that would be implemented here though.
It's actually quite easy all you have to do for the server is to add to the add-on everything else that is required to use the VR part of it is done by the individual user plus it doesn't force everyone to use VR it's only those who have it installed so that way you don't have to feel like you're excluding you know the people who play the game normally and like I said I'm willing to donate money just to have it added and honestly could add some interesting gameplay
(11-19-2020, 04:45 PM)insert emo sounding username Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 01:13 AM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: I've seen vr ttt on youtube. It looked pretty cool. No idea how that would be implemented here though.
It's actually quite easy all you have to do for the server is to add to the add-on everything else that is required to use the VR part of it is done by the individual user plus it doesn't force everyone to use VR it's only those who have it installed so that way you don't have to feel like you're excluding you know the people who play the game normally and like I said I'm willing to donate money just to have it added and honestly could add some interesting gameplay
The mod it self is still a work in progress, there's alot of bug testing to be had, ALOT. Especially so if you were to just toss it in with the rest of the mods the server already had, god knows what would break first. 

Not to say its not a cool idea, god knows my Vive headset could use a dust off more often.
(11-19-2020, 10:18 PM)Nimble Jack Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 04:45 PM)insert emo sounding username Wrote:
The mod it self is still a work in progress, there's alot of bug testing to be had, ALOT. Especially so if you were to just toss it in with the rest of the mods the server already had, god knows what would break first. 

Not to say its not a cool idea, god knows my Vive headset could use a dust off more often.
Hair appointment my friend but I will say I do have all the add-ons for dinkaborg's TTT installed as well as a bunch of other mods and when I test it out on my own private thing it seemed to work well even with g-bombs being used so it should work fine on a server that is well populated with less mods than what I have installedand from what I've experienced when it does not work properly it still works it just doesn't track your VR system which means you just have to restart the VR part but if there's any chance you could test it out beforehand and if it works I'm more than happy to donate