Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are the preferred limits to soundboards?
Hopefully noone minds if I make another post about this but I had some more questions on how much other staff and players prefer to hear soundboards, like what is the limit for it before it gets annoying or if it ever gets so distracting for you that it interrupts the game or ruin your time on the server. I try not to mind the soundboards that much myself unless it becomes distracting/annoying but the problem is what is distracting/annoying for me may not be that distracting for others so I would like to find out how much others don't mind to hear them in game so I might adjust myself to that and know when I should gag people for soundboards if needed, I know I am not staff but I just like to try my best to help out and I just want to know when it would be appropriate to gag for soundboards. Would 10-20 continual seconds or more of soundboards be considered excessive for others or would it have to be more time? What exactly is classified as excess in terms of it? When does using soundboards become micspam? Another thing I would like to talk about is if and when perma gag becomes a thing so staff members can use it on players, when exactly would it be used? How many warnings would a player need to have for micspam before staff resorts to using the perma gag on them. I might be being too nosy in this regard though so forgive me if I am. I also feel like there should be a rule in the motd that specify when does using soundboard becomes micspam/gaggable. Like a single example situation could even help probably. I know its probably a lot to ask in a long rule list but I think it could help. These are just my thoughts and questions so anyone is free to discuss on how they feel about it and their own answers to it. All I ask is to keep it civil and respectful. Thank you. I am also sorry if anyone is annoyed at this post since there was already a thread talking about it yesterday but I found out I still had some questions.
Well how do you reckon someone who will just randomly screech over everyone in the midst of the round be treated?
Its the same concept thats how I see it.

Obviously there are different decibel values but its still going to be annoying having to listen to it pop up every 40 seconds or so.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
As I said in the other thread, it becomes an issue for me when it interferes with gameplay.
I had a bit of an issue the other day because someone KOS'd another player for door locking after warning. Listening to my log the player issued 3 warnings before killing another player for door blocking, but soundboards were interfering with the message at the time.

I can't slay the guy since he did give his warnings, but the guy who got killer was essentially killed for no reason.

Same thing for whenever some random conversation is dominating voice chat. I don't care if it is in dead chat, but so many KOS's get missed whenever a noisy conversation masks the actual gameplay.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Don't be annoying.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Everything can be passed through using your own words, I am of the belief a soundboard has no purpose in here. As its either for trolling or for conveying a message the person using it could've just used their own voice for, or typed. I was overall pretty lax when it came to things I'll admit, exeptions were racist remarks and soundboards.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
My preffered limit is don't use it while alive and if people ask you to chill with it. Otherwise its mic spam in my eyes
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
For an official admin response: While not explicitly stated in the rules, we would prefer any and all soundboard use to be kept to a bare minimum. Enough of it can be disruptive to the gameplay and more often than not they are loud and/or annoying. A soundboard has absolutely no use within TTT so any gag is a valid one under the rules however I tend to staff with the "in moderation" set of mind. An occasional "bonk" soundclip isn't going to bother anyone but spamming it constantly is going to annoy basically everyone. Every response in this thread so far has got the general gist of what I mean. 

And before it is suggested: No it really doesn't need to be in the rules. The rules are not meant to cover every single possible situation or event or they would be 20 pages long. This is why we have staff who are trusted to make decisions at the benefit of the server. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]