Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Last Dance: Series Finale
Long, sappy post coming in, be prepared.

Ingame Name: dong

SteamID:  STEAM_0:0:68442040
Time Played: 894 hours

When First Joined: February 2018

Rank Desired: Donor+

Current Rank: Admin

What can you do to help the community: I staffed here from April 2018 to February of 2019, and January of this year to now.

Why you wanted to help the community: This place was always a second home to me.

How did you find us?: Through Gabe and Summer

Other: This is my resignation from admin and staff overall. I love you.

I guess a trip down memory lane would be the best way to start this lol, but bare with me as I'm teary eyed right now. I joined TTT in February of 2018. At the time I was just a 17 year old high school junior enjoying my time and youth, now I'm a 19 year old second semester sophomore in college. I had applied for staff in April of that same year and had it not been for my old friends I don't think I would've made it. Thank you Gabe for pushing me to apply, and thank you Matt for being a great mentor. As much as I miss the old days of 2018 I know that they can never come back, and that deeply saddens me. My computer had died around June and I came back in November whenever I had a new pc. Upon me rejoining I met Laced and rekindled my friendship with Derp. They have always been two of my dearest friends, long live the Holy Trinity. 

I'm going to start getting into the darker side of why I resigned in February of 2019. I got picked on by certain people because I was too emotional and shared way too much of my personal life, which is understandable. It shaped me to be a strong-minded person today, so in a way I am thankful for that. I was also failing two classes at the time and wouldn't have been able to graduate, so I decided to take time away and keep my head in the right direction. Fast forward to that same summer I had reapplied for the role of Trusted, and it was ultimately denied because people had the impression that I wasn't reliable in terms of whether I'd leave again or not. Thank you for that fuel.

Fall of that year my mentor Matt had resigned from his TTT Admin role and that discouraged me from trying to apply again, and rightfully so lmao as Addressing Toxicity came out. Not gonna get into that though.

Jumping to the end of the line here, I had applied for Trusted in January and got accepted. I was glad to be given a second chance, but in the back of my mind I already knew this was my last journey as staff here. Dink gave me DR Test Mod as well to try and help out the (at the time) dying server. I quickly rose up to reclaim my role as Test Mod, but I was eager to push myself further because I knew I was worth more and had enough experience. So I had played everyday for over a month straight and applied for Moderator close to my 19th birthday. And low and behold I fucking got it. I was ecstatic that I had finally made it farther than what I did originally. 

This time around though I made two very good friends in Jack and Noire. Two of my best fucking friends. From the get go though I claimed Jack under my wing as my successor. 

Going into summer of this year I was still quite active because I didn't have my job yet, so I was continuing to play almost everyday. Then Nicol approached me about whether or not I wanted to be Admin. I nearly shit myself because I never thought I would really be in this position, but I was shooting for it. Then the Noire and Jack incident happened and I was quite upset with that whole ordeal, but I'm also not getting into that.

Here's the reason I am resigning though IRL wise. My job bumped me up to working nearly everyday and I just haven't found enough time to actually balance my duties on here and in irl. I am also getting more positions within my fraternity. 

Here's server side, oh boy this will be fun. I tried my best to be a great admin, and in truth I don't know if I was, but I gave the position and this community every ounce of love and mental fortitude that I had to offer. I tried to use my previous experience to benefit this new staff team, but a good bit of them didn't take me seriously. As Admin every problem is brought back to you and you're automatically the one at fault and it fucking sucks. I would go to bed having mental breakdowns over bullshit that I tried to fix. 

People joke about oh promote me to admin I will fix things blah blah blah, but it is one of the most taxing things I have ever done. I have a deep love for this place and I couldn't push myself to keep this role any longer, so just remember that. I'm sorry you all, but I just can't do it anymore.

With that, I will hopefully be leaving behind a memorable legacy as I tried my best for this place.

Also, free my dude Scoovie

Jack, I love you like a brother and I am sorry, but now it is your turn.
Long live the Holy Trinity. I love you, brother.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
Go away
love you man take it ez this isn't a goodbye just a see you later
[Image: J6yUs0g]
First dan and now you? Oh no! I'm sad to see you go, but I hope things get better for you! I'm sure if you ever want to come back to staff you'll be welcome with open arms.
He/Him/His
yw love u ty for all u have done for the community & you will not regret this after a day or two

also @"Nicol" 
[Image: 867a12282e91d165d8808c3790717dc6.png]
One last time.
ding dong
Thank you dong for all that you did and for listening to me at times.  Just to let youknow that I and I am sure many others have appreciated you. Again thank you dong. You been a good friend and a good admin for all you gave. Wish you luck in life and maybe I’ll see you again sometime.
wtf rep farming

No but love you man, you're why I became staff and whatnot, just...thought it would have been back in April, but y'know.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Welp thanks for the heads up so I could prepare. Hearing about the struggles you were going through during your time as admin I knew the day would come sooner than expected but I was still not ready for it. Dong getting close and becoming good friends with you has easily been the best part of this shitty year for me. I know that we will still hang out and be good buddies but from the bottom of my heart i want to thank you for doing all you did for us as an admin. Cheers to a happy retirement I cant wait for the day we finally meet and smash some white claws and than virginia smash some bitches :D 

You cant be the only one who has a video ready enjoy this one buddy <3