Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grapple Hook/Bhopping
(12-12-2020, 07:09 PM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: Personally I am heavily against B-hopping, the Grapple exploit and surfing.
Please for the love of all that is good do not act hostile towards king just for having this opinion. I’m saying it now before the thread turns hostile.
(12-12-2020, 05:52 PM)derp Wrote: Alright let me bring up another point. Surfing. You can do it on a few maps. Off the top of my head dimsdale and fastfood. Surfing, very similar to the grapple exploit, is very simple to execute once you know how to do it. You can stop someone doing it by getting in front of them but when they are going fast enough they can just launch off the ramp at any point to avoid being stopped. As far as I know we don’t punish for that.

The point of this thread is not to start hostility. I just wanted to see what people’s opinion on the subject like a debate. Just kinda wanted to clarify that.
Fun fact, the only reason I can surf as good as I can on this server is because of the jumppack

[Image: 6YToyEF.png]
Real question: would a double jump that requires ground contact to refresh solve these issues?

Because then grapple exploits wouldn't exist, lodging your head in the ceiling would not make you an impossible target for nearly as long, and people can still avoid fall damage.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
(12-12-2020, 08:40 PM)Beskar Baron Wrote: Real question: would a double jump that requires ground contact to refresh solve these issues?

Because then grapple exploits wouldn't exist, lodging your head in the ceiling would not make you an impossible target for nearly as long, and people can still avoid fall damage.
I think a while ago they said they didn’t want double jump to be added. I can’t remember why though.
(12-12-2020, 08:43 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: I think a while ago they said they didn’t want double jump to be added. I can’t remember why though.
Pretty sure we were hemmoraging staff at that time, so that may have had something to do with it.
[Image: phzdad0ules31.jpg]
Necroing

If we don't want people using the grapple to exploit why don't we just remove the thing. It really easy to exploit with it and if it's against the rules then just put it in the vault.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
I don't have a lot to chime in, but one of the main reasons I play this game is for it's amazing movement and control, and it's very sad to see movement enhancing techniques and accessories deemed as evil. If we want these problems fixed, remove grapple hook, crank the gravity to 800 so you only jump an inch off of the floor, and remove the jump pack. Once this problem is solved, you have all the time in the world to work on the problem where all of the players magically disappeared.
I think if we either remove the jetpack or the grapple hook, it will bring so much more to the server than being taken away. Think of all the awesome maps we can't play due to accessibility from grappling out if the map, there's so many amazing maps that doesn't allow onto the server.

#removethejetpack #removegrapple
Let's make it happen boys
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I know I haven’t been around for a while and I definitely didn’t read this whole post but here is my opinion (which if you know me you should already know how this goes) grapple hook exploit is a very easy thing to do that requires almost no skill. You can gain enormous amounts of speed within 2 or 3 seconds which would take at least 20-30 seconds (or more) to be able to get the same velocity just by bhopping. And you have to bhop on mostly flat ground or else you will get fucked up by any random bump in the map. Also with the grapple you can do it on any map, and you can shoot in the air if you know how to press two buttons and aim. Bhopping takes skill and learning while grapple is bad. Also jumpack, I’ve been in the server forever and the jumpack has been here the whole time, it’s gone through some *very* broken times and I’ve wanted it removed time after time to stop people from jumping into the ceiling or using it to exploit like with the grapple. (Remove jet pack and see how the grapple works still could be an option). Also please never add double jump as it would just cause too many problems, I’ve played on a server that has it before and it just becomes annoying to walk around a map with it since usually they’re coded weird and make you jump slightly in a weird direction just cause gmod is like that. Enough of my rambling, this is where I stand, might not be coherent but there ya go. Hope to see y’all around sometimes!
I personally believe b hopping is extremely annoying and can give people an unfair advantage over others and Honestly a playing field as equal as you can get is a good one. And for people saying It'll kill the server no it wont stop being dramatic I've played on successful servers where b hopping is impossible also a small percentage of people who play on the server b hop. As for the grapple hook idk I like flying around but I can see how it can be unfair and if it must be removed then remove it or tweak it.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]