Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grapple Hook/Bhopping
(12-16-2020, 12:29 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: I personally believe b hopping is extremely annoying and can give people an unfair advantage over others and Honestly a playing field as equal as you can get is a good one. And for people saying It'll kill the server no it wont stop being dramatic I've played on successful servers where b hopping is impossible also a small percentage of people who play on the server b hop. As for the grapple hook idk I like flying around but I can see how it can be unfair and if it must be removed then remove it or tweak it.

It's not an "unfair" advantage, bunnyhopping is a difficult movement that takes weeks to learn. Now something that does hold up is that the jump pack makes bunnyhopping much more effective and much easier to perform. If the jump pack wasn't a part of the equation, I think it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
(12-16-2020, 12:44 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 12:29 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: I personally believe b hopping is extremely annoying and can give people an unfair advantage over others and Honestly a playing field as equal as you can get is a good one. And for people saying It'll kill the server no it wont stop being dramatic I've played on successful servers where b hopping is impossible also a small percentage of people who play on the server b hop. As for the grapple hook idk I like flying around but I can see how it can be unfair and if it must be removed then remove it or tweak it.

It's not an "unfair" advantage, bunnyhopping is a difficult movement that takes weeks to learn. Now something that does hold up is that the jump pack makes bunnyhopping much more effective and much easier to perform. If the jump pack wasn't a part of the equation, I think it wouldn't be as big of a deal.
Its TTT not death run its annoying and does cause an unfair advantage by making yourself harder to shoot how tf do you think that's not unfair? The average player does not know how to b hop and probably won't ever learn.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
(12-16-2020, 01:16 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: Its TTT not death run its annoying and does cause an unfair advantage by making yourself harder to shoot how tf do you think that's not unfair? The average player does not know how to b hop and probably won't ever learn.

Good players know how to aim and land headshots well. Is that an unfair advantage? No, it's a completely valid advantage learned over time with practice. It's the same with bunnyhopping.

Again though, something I can argue is that the jump pack makes bunnyhopping much easier and much more effective than usual. Combined with its effects on jumping, it can make the game unfair, since it's much easier than normal to make large parts of your body completely unreachable in the ceiling. This is something that needs to be fixed, not bunnyhopping.
Lol well considering bhoping is a in-game technique... Anyway the grapple hook exploit of flying horizontally is only a big deal when you can't kill said person. Either way there will always be a problem with the grapple hook so either get rid of it or keep it, it's just that simple. But then again it also says in the rules that you cannot go out of bounds of the map, but yet with the grappling hook you can achieve that. Personally I don't see a issue with it because you could say the same about the jump pack.

This is a lose-lose situation tbh. If you remove jump pack some players won’t be happy and leave, if you remove the grapple hook some players might not be happy and leave. If you remove the grapple hook exploit rule some players might not be happy and leave. And again if you ban bhopping players will be not happy and leave. I don’t see any winning with this unless someone could somehow fix the jump pack or replace the grapple hook with another version where it can’t be exploited with the jet pack if possible but I don’t know if that is possible. Either way it will be hard to please everyone regarding grapple hooks and jump packs.
I'd like to point out these two posts by @"Inkse". Consulting a lua developer might solve our problems.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...#pid100066
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=13116
Bhopping would still be achievable without the jumpack, the speed gain would be slightly less but would still be there and wouldn’t change it much. It’s a source mechanic that’s there and is still in the newer source games too. It’s something that takes time to learn and anyone can do it if they apply themself and care to learn. The grapple hook *exploit* is a exploit caused by how the grapple hook is manipulated by the jumpack, two broken items put together breaks it more. If you remove the jumpack the grapple hook would still work it’s intended way, just a little harder to use.
This thread is just proof that if you add to much to the server ie jump packs/grapplehooks its gonna bite you in the ass in the end when it comes to the decision whether to remove it or not. This is why TTT should be kept simple ie having just the basic shit like the Jihad c4 knife slam body armor radar and Awp. same with D weapons. Cause if you add a fun thing and have to take it away ppl are gonna be triggered. Its a lose lose. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why gfl ttt servers at least the 24/7 Minecraft one is so successful its stripped back basic TTT. When I was an Admin this type of shit was never an issue. Also @RussEfarmer Being good at aiming isn't the same as being almost unshootable by doing something that wasn't intended for the game mode.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
(12-17-2020, 01:23 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: This thread is just proof that if you add to much to the server ie jump packs/grapplehooks its gonna bite you in the ass in the end when it comes to the decision whether to remove it or not. This is why TTT should be kept simple ie having just the basic shit like the Jihad c4 knife slam body armor radar and Awp. same with D weapons. Cause if you add a fun thing and have to take it away ppl are gonna be triggered. Its a lose lose. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why gfl ttt servers at least the 24/7 Minecraft one is so successful its stripped back basic TTT. When I was an Admin this type of shit was never an issue. Also @RussEfarmer Being good at aiming isn't the same as being almost unshootable by doing something that wasn't intended for the game mode.

I think you forgot what made GMOD and other valve games so good, tricks and tips that are built off the fundamentals of the game. Bhoping takes actual skill unless you are using a script so again, I don't see the issue. If you are going to ban Bhopping than why not also ban crouch jumping? Why not ban spectators who are possessing in game items? Why not ban aiming down the sights as some guns have this feature while others don't? Your logic just makes no sense here and even if it did, there are more pros than cons. Besides if Bhopping was such an extreme issue than the devs would have taken care of it. But since the devs know that Bhopping is literally just building speed by jumping left and right through an in-game mechanic it never was a issue.
(12-17-2020, 01:23 PM)⋆ Fx ⋆ Wrote: This thread is just proof that if you add to much to the server ie jump packs/grapplehooks its gonna bite you in the ass in the end when it comes to the decision whether to remove it or not. This is why TTT should be kept simple ie having just the basic shit like the Jihad c4 knife slam body armor radar and Awp. same with D weapons. Cause if you add a fun thing and have to take it away ppl are gonna be triggered. Its a lose lose. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why gfl ttt servers at least the 24/7 Minecraft one is so successful its stripped back basic TTT. When I was an Admin this type of shit was never an issue. Also @RussEfarmer Being good at aiming isn't the same as being almost unshootable by doing something that wasn't intended for the game mode.
GFL is garbage and has garbage players. 

As for everything else you said, a lot of these things being removed could be easily avoided if things were actually tested (and feedback was actually taken into consideration). The statement that TTT should be kept vanilla or near-vanilla is an opinion, one that many of us obviously do not share. Plus, unless you use some anti-bhop script/plugin, bhopping is never going to go away, even if you strip TTT down to it's bare bones, because it's part of the Source engine, not TTT itself.

Crouchspamming, jump spamming, and the jumppack itself wasn't intended for the gamemode either. Unless you're also advocating for these to be made against the rules as well, your argument has a lot of inconsistencies.