Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do some models have smaller hitboxes than others?
I've heard people say this and dismissed it as "gamer lore". But is there potentially some truth to it?
I have no idea how the server implements player models. If the hitboxes really do change... that's awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnwBYXlL_oo
first one that comes to mind is the daedric playermodel with a sus head hitbox, but the price is so high people dont really use it, and for those who do have it (aka me) there are better skins to wear than be a sweaty tryhard
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(12-11-2020, 07:06 PM)Inkse Wrote:  If the hitboxes really do change... that's awful.
tryhard ass bitch

Its a good thing the hitboxes change, if you were fighting a Ghostface you would shoot where his head appears to be and not where a CSS model's head would be, wouldn't you?
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
(12-11-2020, 07:16 PM)Gabeolo Wrote: (...)Its a good thing the hitboxes change(...)

No
(12-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Inkse Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 07:16 PM)Gabeolo Wrote: (...)Its a good thing the hitboxes change(...)

No
You gonna give any explanation or are you scared your sweat would cause water damage to your hypergaming762000 keyboard?
(12-11-2020, 07:56 PM)Gabeolo Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 07:17 PM)Inkse Wrote:

No
You gonna give any explanation or are you scared your sweat would cause water damage to your hypergaming762000 keyboard?
Having two million credit models that provide a sizeable advantage is retarded. I believe we should avoid retarded outcomes.
If there are indeed certain models with smaller hitboxes, one of these things should happen.

1) remove the model economy, ie. make all models free and available for anyone to use. This will simply result in everyone (or anyway most players) using the smallest model, though, which will look retarded. This is, thus, a retarded outcome.
2) patch the model implementation system so that models are purely visual and do not affect hitboxes
3) remove custom models

The best solution would be #2, but it requires dev attention
Model gate is a hoax made up by Moat to sell functional playermodels to tryhard TTT players. Case closed.
Staff heads have smaller hitboxes to accommodate for the larger brain :)

No but really I've had quite a few people comment that my anakin skin has sometimes had direct head shots miss
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(12-11-2020, 08:39 PM)Jammin Wrote: Staff heads have smaller hitboxes to accommodate for the larger brain :)
Huh
(12-11-2020, 08:10 PM)Inkse Wrote: Having two million credit models that provide a sizeable advantage is retarded. I believe we should avoid retarded outcomes.
If there are indeed certain models with smaller hitboxes, one of these things should happen.

1) remove the model economy, ie. make all models free and available for anyone to use. This will simply result in everyone (or anyway most players) using the smallest model, though, which will look retarded. This is, thus, a retarded outcome.
2) patch the model implementation system so that models are purely visual and do not affect hitboxes
3) remove custom models

The best solution would be #2, but it requires dev attention
Lets take your video as an example as to option #2's effectiveness. If all hitboxes were reverted to the ones of CSS models you would have gotten a clean headshot when your shot was miles above the head, and if you had aimed for the head of stonks guy you would have gotten a body shot. Not every player is as well adjusted to the css pms as you are, imagine how a sniper would feel if they got a clean ass headshot and it hit the arm hitbox, and imagine how they would feel if they learned that the actual head hitbox is above any part of the body. Imagine how someone would feel if they were in a deag fight with the last inno and they died because they were using a pm that was accurate to the hitboxes. I'm not saying that some pms don't have wackass hitboxes, but in your solution you would make 90% of pms wackass, breaking everything else isn't a solution.