Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mic suggestions
Alright so I'm looking for some stand alone mic suggestions (also if you know a good set of headphones to combo with the stand alone) and headset suggestions for recording.

I've got a few projects in the works (Podcasts,  some music recordings,  etc,.) and I'd like some suggestions from the community of good products you've used or know about. 

Pricing range as a total would be at most $750 USD,  somewhere around $500 USD or under is preferred if possible.

As for stand alone sets, these are some I've been looking into but I wanted some experienced opinions on what you've all used. 

Thank you for your help.
Blue yeti is very nice
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
I'd recommend watching a channel called Podcastage. The guy has a tremendous collection of microphones and has a simple method of testing. Given your price range there's a good amount or mics available, so I guess they all will be good options.
I'm using a Rabbitstone USB Condenser microphone and a G432 gaming headset, both together cost about $200 maybe
[Image: titan.gif]
I'm no expert, but for more professional sound production, look for products that use XLR as the interface instead of something like USB. You'll need a desktop amplifier to get them to a computer, but you'll have better sound and better control over what goes into your computer for recording something.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
As the local Mic man, Slide into my DM triangles, we will sort out a good mic for ya
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
This is by far the best microphone I have ever bought (even though it's under $100): https://www.bluemic.com/en-us/products/snowball/ Not only does it have good quality but it's built sturdy too. I've moved like 4 times within the past six years and I've dropped it plenty of times moving. It still works just fine, and it is also a great choice for musicians because it has studio level quality.