Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the rules(Impersonating)
I haven't been on the server in awhile so rules may have been changed and I couldn't find it anywhere so I am asking it here.

Question 1: Are staff required to tell people to change their name(Either PM or in general chat) before kicking them?
Question 2: The previous impersonation rule said that it was against the rules to impersonate or have similar names to staff but there wasn't anything against other individuals
Question 2a: If it is against the rules to have your name be similar to another individual, is it against the rules even if that individual is offline?

P.S. I am aware that me being kicked earlier was a miscommunication, don't reiterate it. Just asking for clarification on the rules in general and/or opinions on it if there is no rule set in stone.
P.S.S. The opinion part is there so that if you're posting just to be active you can post your opinion, don't just add some random bullshit

Thank you,

BrickOnAStick/Blub/BrackStack 
<3
1. yes
2. no, unless the name is /very/ similar, or obviously if it constitutes as harassment and the person doesnt like it, and by very similar i mean the same or mostly the same to the point where one could get confused when someone is KOS'd
2a. no
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
1.Staff should warn you before taking action. At least that's how it should be.

2.Impersonating staff is a no no but idk about randos.

2a.It shouldn't be if it's not too similar especially if they're offline.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
Impersonating staff is against the rules. 

Impersonating another community member without their explicit consent is also not allowed and falls under a very different rule then the one above: harassment.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Not a mod, just speaking from experience.
[quote pid='100863' dateline='1608776253']
Question 1: Are staff required to tell people to change their name(Either PM or in general chat) before kicking them?
From what I've seen, no.
Question 2: The previous impersonation rule said that it was against the rules to impersonate or have similar names to staff but there wasn't anything against other individuals
Having names that are alike to other online players does not fall under the impersonation rule but you will be kicked for having a name that could mess up gameplay things like koses. For example, lets say there are two bobs, Bobbay, and Bobby. If Bobby joins when Bobbay is online, they will be kicked for having names that are too alike and could cause confusion
Question 2a: If it is against the rules to have your name be similar to another individual, is it against the rules even if that individual is offline?
Now lets say Bobbay is staff and Bobby joins the server with Bobbay's pfp, they will be punished for impersonation of staff. And if Bobbay isn't staff it does not apply, and if Bobbay is banned Bobby could even change their name to Bobbay and as long as Bobbay stays banned Bobby will face no punishment.
[/quote]
"Why is fake Gabe back?" -Prince Nicky
if this is about the guy naming himself burb and used the same pfp? then in that case im pretty sure he was kinda just being a dick but if burb did know he was doing it and she found it funny i guess it would be somewhat okay?
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
So I am pretty sure @"Burb" was ok with it, but multiple other people had issues with it. I just wanted to kill the issue there and then so I asked you to change it.
(12-23-2020, 11:59 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: So I am pretty sure @"Burb" was ok with it, but multiple other people had issues with it. I just wanted to kill the issue there and then so I asked you to change it.
you never told me who had an issue with it
Yeah I'm not going to. The point is multiple members at the time had an issue with you copying Burbs profile. I personally did not care too much because I know you guys are friends.
(12-24-2020, 12:27 AM)nodnerb Wrote:
(12-23-2020, 11:59 PM)thunderwalrusinnthebar Wrote: So I am pretty sure @"Burb" was ok with it, but multiple other people had issues with it. I just wanted to kill the issue there and then so I asked you to change it.
you never told me who had an issue with it

Since I had to record that, my evidence shows Pickle Man asking if it was really you using Burb's account. Again, it's impersonating staff and confusing players.
This is a quick edit of the whole thing https://streamable.com/a2mkpm