Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Normalize RDM Rounds
RDM Rounds should be normalized; they are a great way to detox the server if it's a tense environment, and technically, they legally already exist. We just need to normalize them.

Here is the Official statement for RDM

RDM is killing a player without a legitimate reason. Some examples of RDM are prop killing, goomba stomping, pushing players off edges, killing provens or detectives, and killing AFKs before overtime.  A full list of reasons to KOS can be found near the bottom of this page.  Do not KOS people that clearly are consenting to fight each other.

Do not KOS people that clearly are consenting to fight each other.

This statement is the loophole that allows us to technically already conduct an RDM Round. If a group of people mark off an area of the map where an RDM round will happen, that means that every single person in that area consents to fighting. This means, you cannot KOS them nor report anyone who kills someone on the Killing Floor. 

So, how do we normalize RDM rounds? Simple. A donor pretending to be staff or an actual staff member starts up a poll asking "do we want an RDM round?" if 2/3 of the server says "YES," then it happens. Any reports that happen during an RDM round would be ignored, and gives everyone a slight break from the action. A Test mod can just easily reset the karma for everyone on the server, so there's no harm or foul done with this.

This would be limited to ONCE per every 2 maps, so it doesn't turn into an every round thing of course.

So in conclusion,

NORMALIZE. RDM. ROUNDS.

P.S. Bring the Ape Model to TTT!
Going to read the rest of this in a minute but there did use to be special/power rounds where I believe it was like this at some points but I could be wrong.
So guys let’s be real... This guy is onto something!
I think we should make this a thing like on murder with the free-for-all gamemode, also bring back special gamemodes during maps on dinklebgerg's ttt
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
(12-28-2020, 01:18 PM)Damien Wrote: I think we should make this a thing like on murder with the free-for-all gamemode, also bring back special gamemodes during maps on dinklebgerg's ttt

I don't want special gamemodes back, just a by vote thing. The special gamemode plugins cause issues unfortunately
If you want to fight eachother, fight eachother. No reports=no slays. This does not need any special treatment or to be officialized in any way.

A "majority" vote for this would not work. It would need to be unanimous. This is because anyone who does not agree is immediately forgotten about and their enjoyment suffers as a result.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I completely agree!
(12-28-2020, 01:22 PM)Nicol Wrote: If you want to fight eachother, fight eachother. No reports=no slays. This does not need any special treatment or to be officialized in any way.

A "majority" vote for this would not work. It would need to be unanimous. This is because anyone who does not agree is immediately forgotten about and their enjoyment suffers as a result.

Losing one round isn't the end of the world; it's not like they'll never be a T ever again or something like that.
Yeah but this opens up the possibility of some jackass on a non rdm round to say its an rdm round then real rdm takes place.
[Image: Project-3.jpg]
[Image: v1.png]
Or we could be like murder, have a power round at the end of each map, but instead of it being directly affected to gameplay it could just be a free for all. Idk if that exists but if it does it might be an option to look into.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]